What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Kennedy Dive

Misty Bee

First Grade
Willow and I are married?

I bet one of us will be seeking divorce tonight. Charlei, you might be in luck...!

Shifty

Juniors
Maybe Ben Ross' actions have just been misunderstood.

On reviewing the incident it seems Ross may in fact be deserving of praise for his quick action.

Kennedy was not just knocked over, he was quite obviously knocked out cold and potentially in danger of swallowing his tongue. Although unconventional, the technique used by Ross (which looks to be a variant of the Hiemlech Maneouvre), quite miraculously brought Kennedy immediately back to consciousness.

In first aid the priority has to be a person's airway, it's not much use not moving a person for fear of aggravating spinal injuries if the person's airway is blocked.

Kennedy probably wasn't at an immediate risk of choking on his tongue (what with it being planted firmly in his cheek), but Ross was hardly to know that and he was seemingly acting in what he saw as Ben Kennedy's best interest.

Misty Bee

First Grade
Wonderful theory, Shifty, except that Ross thought he was faking it.

In bet there's hundreds of chicks please toknow that Ross can't tell f someone is faking.

Shifty

Juniors
Well from the way Kennedy suddenly sprang to life when Ross was about to drop him on the ground, it seems Ross got it right.

I don't condone what Ross did, but it proved Kennedy was trying to fake being unconscious.

Razor

Coach
Ben Ross should be suspended. If Kennedy had a spinal injury doing that could have had disastorous consequences.

You can never be sure if a player is faking. Kennedy could have already had a minor problem that occured earlier in the game. That slap could have worsened it which caused the collapse.

Players stay on the ground and sustain injuries from incidents not as bad as that.

You never know

Ross should be ashamed of himself.

At least 10 weeks.

Jason Stevens recieved a 2 week suspension several years ago for doing something similar, when his team was behind with 30 seconds left.

Why should Ross recieve special treatment because he's a QLD'er?

Razor

Coach
Kennedy was not just knocked over, he was quite obviously knocked out cold and potentially in danger of swallowing his tongue. Although unconventional, the technique used by Ross (which looks to be a variant of the Hiemlech Maneouvre), quite miraculously brought Kennedy immediately back to consciousness.

Obviously you're first aid skills are very poor. You don't go and jolt someones spine when clearing the airway.

Kiwi

First Grade
Razor said:
Ben Ross should be suspended. If Kennedy had a spinal injury doing that could have had disastorous consequences.

You can never be sure if a player is faking. Kennedy could have already had a minor problem that occured earlier in the game. That slap could have worsened it which caused the collapse.

Players stay on the ground and sustain injuries from incidents not as bad as that.

You never know

Ross should be ashamed of himself.

At least 10 weeks.

Jason Stevens recieved a 2 week suspension several years ago for doing something similar, when his team was behind with 30 seconds left.

Why should Ross recieve special treatment because he's a QLD'er?

Wait a minute, one minute it's origin the rules are different ect, now it's suspend him because it happened in a NRL game? So which is it?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Origin rules are different to normal comp rules. I know the League will say they are the same, but I think we have an inkling to the contrary.

It'll all be fish and chip wrappers by this time next week.

Razor

Coach
Kiwi said:
Wait a minute, one minute it's origin the rules are different ect, now it's suspend him because it happened in a NRL game? So which is it?

I've never said Origin rules are different? Please show me where I said that?

Kiwi

First Grade
Razor said:
I've never said Origin rules are different? Please show me where I said that?

I was generalising. We hear it all the time, origin is different, you can get away with more in origin ect.....

No you didn't say that, I should have been more clear, my bad on that one.

Misty Bee

First Grade
Carl Webb did.

As I said elsewhere, there is - to ny knowledge - no provision for the video ref to check such an incident in Origin - unlike the NRL. Therefore, there was no benefit for Kennedy to take a dive.

So why did he lay down? Simple really. HE WAS HURT!!!!!

lotti

Bench
it was Ross. Misty Bee exactly, BK is not the type of player to lay down uninjured, Crocker has resended his comment, he now realises that BK is an honest player and if he's down it's likely he's injured.

abdogg_85

Juniors
Germany- USA - China- France- Australia

Total - 45.5

Good dive by Kennedy, clearly some work still needs to be done to get the perfect 50 though.

Kiwi

First Grade
abdogg_85 said:
Germany- USA - China- France- Australia

Total - 45.5

Good dive by Kennedy, clearly some work still needs to be done to get the perfect 50 though.

I think Kennedy has gotta be happy with that score. With not many rounds of the NRL to go, it could earn Kennedy the Golden Cat for best dive of the year.

The Chinese judge marked him down though, I think the "bracing" as Ross lifted him cost Kennedy points from the Chinese. Li Yoong Flop doesn't like the "brace" and he clearly showed that with the 8.5

abdogg_85

Juniors
Kiwi said:
I think Kennedy has gotta be happy with that score. With not many rounds of the NRL to go, it could earn Kennedy the Golden Cat for best dive of the year.

The Chinese judge marked him down though, I think the "bracing" as Ross lifted him cost Kennedy points from the Chinese. Li Yoong Flop doesn't like the "brace" and he clearly showed that with the 8.5

Gold :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Latest posts