What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Las Vegas Thread

That's a good start to me, they can build on that next year.

Yep. Nobody expected boom US TV ratings out of the gate.

Heck even established sports like the NBA had decades where it was lucky to have one game a week on TV, and even in the mid-1980s, NBA Finals games were televised on delay starting often after 10 pm local time. If you doubt me, look up the US televising of the 1980 NBA Final series between the Lakers and 76ers.

soc123_au

Staff member
I'm not really up with how they work out ratings numbers, but I assume sports bars all over the US would have TVs tuned to FS1, do the ratings account for the eyes on those TVs?

Maximus

Coach
I'm not really up with how they work out ratings numbers, but I assume sports bars all over the US would have TVs tuned to FS1, do the ratings account for the eyes on those TVs?

Most sports bars would have been showing the Lakers game? FS1 isn't the main sports channel over there. ESPN also has higher priority.

emesssea

Juniors
Most sports bars would have been showing the Lakers game? FS1 isn't the main sports channel over there. ESPN also has higher priority.

Yep my bar days are over, but I dont ever recall seeing FS1 unless theres a big college football game that happens to be on there

soc123_au

Staff member
No idea. I dont follow US Sports so no idea what the landscape is like. I know they are into some Superb Owl thing. If bird watching is one of their major sports you'd think we could make a splash with NRL.

I just figured with the buzz around it being on FS1 that it was one of the go to sports channels.

morley101

Juniors
The 1st game kicked off at 09:30 pm on the East coast. It might be better to start the games 90 mins earlier.

The_Wookie

Bench