What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Las Vegas Thread

The Great Dane

First Grade
Yes it does

if anyone has been neglected by the nrl is the warriors

a lot of Canberras problems are of their own making

the club has a property protfolio worth over 100 million and multiple leagues club supporting them

they should have no problems being a strong club
No it doesn't. Go read the discussion again because I can't be bothered repeating myself.

The Raiders more or less completely run and fund grassroots RL for the entire region (and ever slowly expanding into more parts of Southern NSW were possible) despite the fact that it's not their job. They do it because it just wouldn't happen if they didn't. In other words the NSWRL, NRL, ARLC, so badly neglect RL in the region that it'd shrivel up and die within a generation or two if the Raiders didn't step in.

The NRL does nothing to promote the sport in this region outside of the advertising on Nine and Fox. In other words it's effectively a ghost, except when the Raiders pick up the slack and do their job for them again. There's literally more advertising for the AFL here despite the fact that there's no local team, which is insane on the face of it.

Despite the fact that we're the f**king capital, were the most logical location to host on multiple occasions, and the most competitive sports market in the league, you can count on one hand the number of times that Canberra has hosted premium RL content, and it's always been given begrudgingly and half arsed when we have.

I could on and on, but the point, if it wasn't clear already, is that it isn't about money or whose struggling on the pitch, it's about the NRL's attitude towards and treatment of certain constituents.

Wb1234

Immortal
No it doesn't. Go read the discussion again because I can't be bothered repeating myself.

The Raiders more or less completely run and fund grassroots RL for the entire region (and ever slowly expanding into more parts of Southern NSW were possible) despite the fact that it's not their job. They do it because it just wouldn't happen if they didn't. In other words the NSWRL, NRL, ARLC, so badly neglect RL in the region that it'd shrivel up and die within a generation or two if the Raiders didn't step in.

The NRL does nothing to promote the sport in this region outside of the advertising on Nine and Fox. In other words it's effectively a ghost, except when the Raiders pick up the slack and do their job for them again. There's literally more advertising for the AFL here despite the fact that there's no local team, which is insane on the face of it.

Despite the fact that we're the f**king capital, were the most logical location to host on multiple occasions, and the most competitive sports market in the league, you can count on one hand the number of times that Canberra has hosted premium RL content, and it's always been given begrudgingly and half arsed when we have.

I could on and on, but the point, if it wasn't clear already, is that it isn't about money or whose struggling on the pitch, it's about the NRL's attitude towards and treatment of certain constituents.
Penrith produce more and better players and don’t cry about it

Woody90

Juniors
If you were picking the four sides to best showcase the NRL’s status and reach as a competition as well as the best on field spectacle you’d pick Penrith, Brisbane, NZ and Melbourne, who also happen to be the top 4 sides at the start of this round.

While it’s very effective, neither Penrith or Storm play a brand of football that’s entertaining or marketable.

MugaB

Coach
How can you say such a thing? American athletes carry on like absolute wankers after scoring ... hooting and hollering ... gang signs ... getting in the faces of opponents. Rugby league players would nev.... oh PANFERS.
videotogif_2021.04.16_01.24.42.gif

MugaB

Coach
Yeah but they have to actually be GOOD for that and not coached by an overgrown infant

the Warriors should also be a jewel in the NRLs crown for similar reasons but because we’ve been a basket case more often than not, we generally haven’t earned that right. You don’t get that status purely by being from somewhere, you have to earn it on the field
Aka PERF wants a licence

MugaB

Coach
This isnt about growing the game or making rugby league popular in America, you’d need a much more comprehensive strategy and long term investment to even make a dent in that.

Gamblers at 2am looking for something to pss their money away on dont care who the clubs are or what their mascots are. That’s who this whole Vlandys circus is for.
Now you're getting it!!!

MugaB

Coach
In 1994 before skynz existed? In some different multiverse they were paying 400 million Sentra credits,
Incorrect, sentra credits didn't exist until the formation of twiggys Western RedsForce, which then used them as the only currency necessary to buy their merchandise and memberships, dwarfing the rest of the league, country, globe and starsytstem currency's, we all now use bottle caps as a result, .....So well done Perf youve fkd it for everyone

Last edited:

soc123_au

Staff member
While it’s very effective, neither Penrith or Storm play a brand of football that’s entertaining or marketable.
I've found the last 4 years very entertaining. Obvious bias aside To'o as an example is a delight to watch and marketable as f**k.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I've found the last 4 years very entertaining. Obvious bias aside To'o as an example is a delight to watch and marketable as f**k.
I think the only issue with Penrith and Melbourne is they play quite predictable styles and you know what you’ll get with them so some people get bored (generally bored with watching them beat their sides that way!).
Bit showing them to new fans their efficiency and skill levels would still be impressive and entertaining.

Wb1234

Immortal
Panthers used to play more ad lib but they are so good theycrush teams out of the game

the storm aren’t boring at all they’ve adapted to vlanyds ball well

reality is broncos or warriors would get torn apart by the panthers in a grand final right now

Canard

Immortal
So according to a quick google, an NFL field is 49m wide, which is about 20m shorter then a standard NRL one.

That's going to make the game a fair bit more congested?