What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Last Days Of An Old, Outdated Stadium - Leichardt Hill

Mighty Tiger

Bench
PINGU said:
Is there any truth about the free tickets the club handed out to the inmates at Gladesville hospital?

I would think they would have accounted for 80% of the crowd.

:lol: :lol: Pingu shoots himself in the foot :lol: :lol: :lol:

I guess thats you eating your own words because if that worked out to be 80% of the crowd then what happen to the 14,000 Souths supporters or are you now saying that South Supporters live in the Gladseville hospital :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mighty Tiger

Bench
Eddie. said:
nospam49 said:
PINGU said:
Is there any truth about the free tickets the club handed out to the inmates at Gladesville hospital?

I know they were giving away free Tickets at Parramatta.

And they dont give free tickets away at Penrith??

Actually they did Eddie - Penrith give away 3000-5000 tickets to every home game its a noted fact and something I know that Penrith fans would be able to find out easy enough because thats what is in their budget

Where as we only cater for 1,000 free tickets for a home game becasue thats whats in our budget ;-)

PINGU

Juniors
nospam49 said:
PINGU said:

Yeah and they finally got 2 points on the weekend. Maybe they should do it a little more often.

Mighty Tiger

Bench
nospam49 said:
PINGU said:

LF shoots himself in the foot with Pingu :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mighty Tiger

Bench
PINGU said:
Yeah and they finally got 2 points on the weekend. Maybe they should do it a little more often.

And what did we do the week before that ???? IDIOT :lol: :lol: :lol:

Not to mention we are undefeated at Leichhardt Oval :lol: :lol: :lol: IDIOT :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

We await for both LF and Pingu's stupidity to continue :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PINGU

Juniors
Mighty Tiger said:
PINGU said:

:lol: :lol: Pingu shoots himself in the foot :lol: :lol: :lol:

I guess thats you eating your own words because if that worked out to be 80% of the crowd then what happen to the 14,000 Souths supporters or are you now saying that South Supporters live in the Gladseville hospital :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I just asked if there was any truth.

Eddie.

Bench
Despite Another record crowd yesterday and making these 2 dribblers look stupid the best part of the weekend was surely replacing the faiders in the top 8.

What a sweet weekend :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

TigerMo

Juniors
thickos said:
Mighty Tiger said:
I know if the Wests Tigers had of won the comp last year

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

funniest statement ever

A team that selects Drew & Bulgarelli, week in, week out seriously has some problems. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

BuffaloRules

Coach
PINGU said:
Not at all. I saw a heap of Souths fans at the game, around 14,000.

Thank god for South and it's fans, it would have been another 5,000 effort if it was just the fairweather Tigers fans.

You are a deadset germ......

Too bad those 14,000 Souths fans aren't there every game at the SFS when they are playing there... :roll:

You would need to go on steroids for a year to qualify as a light-weight....

hemeroid

Juniors
some ppl here r dikheadz like dat pingu guy

i dont even support the tigers, or like them for dat manner. in fact i was laughing so hard wen dey lost 106 - 0 in 2 weeks. yet even i can c dat leichardt is a great ground to watch footy n it would be dumb to get rid of it. the most exciting and best atmospheric game i eva went to was wen the sharks played the tigers in 2000 on a saturday night there.

they hav had 3 crowds over 16000, wen it only holds 20 at the most and one bad crowd but cum on im sure if u look at every ground theres one piss poor crowd a year and lets rememba they playd melbourne, in freezing temperatures, coming off 4 losses and also on a nite alot of ppl wouldnt go cuz the rugby union was on

Bluebag

Juniors
Is there a better ground at capacity that can even match the atmosphere at Leichhardt Oval which is more like a ampitheatre and don't the home team give it to the visiting players when they warm up. Leicharddt is worth 15 points to the Tigers and what a special site it was seeing them play in the Tiger strip. Why not have them play in the Tigers at Leichhardt and the maggies at Campbelltown and use the other as an away strip.

TIGERPies

Juniors
hemeroid said:
some ppl here r dikheadz like dat pingu guy

i dont even support the tigers, or like them for dat manner. in fact i was laughing so hard wen dey lost 106 - 0 in 2 weeks. yet even i can c dat leichardt is a great ground to watch footy n it would be dumb to get rid of it. the most exciting and best atmospheric game i eva went to was wen the sharks played the tigers in 2000 on a saturday night there.

they hav had 3 crowds over 16000, wen it only holds 20 at the most and one bad crowd but cum on im sure if u look at every ground theres one piss poor crowd a year and lets rememba they playd melbourne, in freezing temperatures, coming off 4 losses and also on a nite alot of ppl wouldnt go cuz the rugby union was on

Who the hell do u support then?

u post enough in tigers...

Tigerpete

Juniors
nospam49 , Thickos and Pingu stop trying to tell yourself you were there yesterday, please remember you were next door!!! yesterday. Time to go back on the pills again you dropkicks!

Why is it you only wanna bring up the 5000 crowd and not the 3 other attendances including 2 new ground records? why? stupid morons!

And Pingu i dont know where u were yesterday but it wasnt Leichhardt. There were maybe 1500-2000 Souths fans at best, a good turn out by away team standards.

hemeroid

Juniors
sharks all da way in 2004
but the bottom line is leichardt is a gr8 ground n i lov travellin there wen we play there

it has atmosphere n meanin 2 it. brookvale = oki = leichardt = #1

hybrid_tiger

Coach
14,000 Souths fans yesterday?

:lol: :lol:

This has to be the biggest joke I've ever read on here. :lol:

There were 1500-2000 Souths fans, maximum.

Pingu, you have definately run out of Leichhardt bashing ideas and nospam49 - well you never had any decent material anyway. Still ignoring facts I see.

Two of the most deluded farkwits on this forum congregating together makes for some very good entertainment. ;-)

At the end of the day, the average crowd attendance of all time at Leichhardt was broken, even when a crowd of under 6000 was included - yet you two fools still don't accept this.

:lol:

hemeroid

Juniors
every team has 1 bad game n dats wat ppl fail to realise. i mean even the best supported team in the nrl , the bulldogs wen dey played us sharkes in round 2........which was a local derby of two sydney teams only brought 9000 ppl at a stage of the season were most ppl would b reali excited 2 get out n watch there teamz cuz they havnt seen em in ages. n then souths drew 6000 vs melbourne on a perfectly fine night and also 6000 vs penrith and souths which is a local derby. parramatta also drew 8000 two wks in a row at some stage throughout the year.

There wasnt 19,000 there. More like 15,000 at best.

I dont know why the Tigers would want to bump up the figures. After all...they're moving away from the grass hill and into a real stadium at homebush.

Then again....maybe the people that run the grass hill are trying to suck the council into paying for the upgrades.

To bad it wont work.

At the end of the day Ive got my wish.

No money going into that old oval.....the Tigers looking to the future and playing less gamesz there every year....

Happy day! 8)

Latest posts