What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Latest in Coaching Musical Chairs - NRL Style...

blaza88z

Coach
Wayne would've had eyes on Souths and Seibold would've had eyes on Brisbane, it was always the logical thing to do for all concerned, at least as Brisbane fan I won't have to sit back wondering about what Wayne is whispering in the ears of some of our young gun forwards.

Exsilium

First Grade
at least as Brisbane fan I won't have to sit back wondering about what Wayne is whispering in the ears of some of our young gun forwards.

Id imagine all he would do is snarl and breathe on you with that stale old coffee breath

El Diablo

Post Whore
He could have answered the phone perhaps.
it was turned off

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...g/news-story/6826307242903d7b56d63cb92043161a

Wayne Bennett was spending Sunday afternoon with his disadvantaged son Justin with his phone off, like some old-school fathers tend to do on weekends.

Then when he turned on his phone, he realised he had missed several calls and an email from Brisbane chief executive Paul White.

It was only then Bennett realised he had been the victim of arguably the greatest sucker punch in the game’s history.

Ron's_Mate

Bench
The war wasn't going very well so they got rid of the old general and replaced him with the young sergeant. Victory should be declared any day now.

Dawesy76

Juniors
I’m the biggest Bennett fan. I’ve loved his quotes etc and what he had done for the broncos and league in general. But if the reports are true about him essentially making decisions for souths in 2019, then sadly he had to go.

The voice mail thing is a bit shitty but....as has been said, he’s pretty quick to stay in contact with his media pals, plus he would have known from the same media pals about the email leak, so, father son day or not you gotta think he would have thought keeping his phone on might have been the smart thing to do.

big hit!

Bench
White said the NRL had to find a solution to the coaching circus gripping the competition.

“I’m supportive of any initiative that the game wants to bring forward, and we’ll support that if it gives more certainty to the supporters of our game. “That’s very important to me and I think our club must be part of that if there is those decisions to be made.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...t/news-story/996b7d3958899099f7e38e3cd4037a63

Is this merkin f**king serious? He poached a coach still contracted to a rival club for a role that he did not make available until yesterday. He left the same coach to front up to the rival club and players he shafted for several weeks. He is the chief cause of this debacle.

grouch

First Grade
Hot take: Bennett has actually done Seibold a huge favour.

Any perceived teething problems at the start of Seibold's tenure at Brisbane can be blamed on Wayne and the instability caused by his exit.

PR-wise Seibold now has a bit of underdog status going on in Brisbane. Bennett tried to screw him over (as the current story goes), so it might be a story the supporters could get behind. Bennett's Bronco halo has slipped - Seibold is no longer taking a seat on a pristine golden throne, but a tarnished damaged one that could use a polish.

Basically, Seibold should stop whinging like a little bitch

big hit!

Bench
Hot take: Bennett has actually done Seibold a huge favour.

Any perceived teething problems at the start of Seibold's tenure at Brisbane can be blamed on Wayne and the instability caused by his exit.

PR-wise Seibold now has a bit of underdog status going on in Brisbane. Bennett tried to screw him over (as the current story goes), so it might be a story the supporters could get behind. Bennett's Bronco halo has slipped - Seibold is no longer taking a seat on a pristine golden throne, but a tarnished damaged one that could use a polish.

Basically, Seibold should stop whinging like a little bitch

Wayne is blameless. The Bronocs impotence meant he was still the coach of the club. He was entitled to hang around until they made the call.

Seibold isn't going to criticise his new employers publicly, but he should be pissed with his new bosses for doing f**k all to move Wayne on when they announced Anthony as coach. Seibold could've also done the right thing and asked for a release as soon as he made Souths aware his future was tied elsewhere.

The saga was his and the Broncos making. As far as Wayne was concerned, and correctly entitled, he was still the Broncos coach in 2019 until he was told by the Broncos soft cocks that he wasn't.