What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "Little Things That P*ss You Off" Thread!

newtownbluebags

Post Whore
That feeling you get when you stub a toe against furniture etc!........Hollar - FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :FIST:

Eelementary

Post Whore
I hate music these days, to an extent.

For someone such as myself, finding music I'm bound to like is nearly impossible. Because metal purists reckon my tastes aren't metal; hardcore/metalcore purists reckon it's metal; others reckon it's nu-metal; others reckon it's alternative.

And, yes - while I do indulge in just about everything, finding bands that are as solid as my faves is getting harder and harder, because music classification (unless it's done by die-hard fans) is getting looser and looser.

Martli

Coach
Genres get too specific. I hate the whole "core" thing. Like f**kin metalcore, emocore, skacore, etc. etc. What the f**k is core. As far as i'm concerend there's only two cores - hardcore and grindcore. The rest can FOAD please.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I know! It confuses the crap out of me!

I once asked someone at Sanity, "What's "metal" these days? How do you define "metal"?"

He told me it's anything heavier than punk/emo...

While I appreciate having slightly vaguer categories, that's probably too vague...:lol:

Martli

Coach
I have heaps of opeth that I am yet to listen to.

I dunno, I listen to f**k all metal these days anyway.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Well, I asked him because I was serious. I like heavy, aggressive-sounding guitars, but am not a huge fan of a lot of today's metal percussionists. They all seem to do the foot drum (whatever it's called) and drum really quickly, and a lot of bands just play really quickly.

Now, once in a while, that's fine. But a lot of these newer bands devote all the songs in their album to this style - it gets repetitive and boring.

So, I asked him for clarification. And all I got was attitude.

See, I made the progression from The Offspring, to Limp Bizkit, to Korn, to Linkin Park, to Kataklysm, Opeth, Devolved, Tool, etc. all on my own - so my definition of "metal" is still vague.

Dani

Immortal
You'd hate my work guys. It's only a tiny shop so anything that isn't urban, dance, classical or country is all in the one section.

Martli

Coach
Eelementary said:
Well, I asked him because I was serious. I like heavy, aggressive-sounding guitars, but am not a huge fan of a lot of today's metal percussionists. They all seem to do the foot drum (whatever it's called) and drum really quickly, and a lot of bands just play really quickly.

Blastbeat :D

You'd hate cryptopsy then, they are a french canadian death metal band, they were my favourite when I was in the peak of my metal listening. Their drummer is insane, he keeps the tempo fast throughout entire songs and does some whack sh*t.

I used to like kataklysm back in the day :D

Eelementary

Post Whore
lockyno1 said:
Hence why you try and avoid buying CD's!

I like buying CDs - better quality, plus I feel that I am supporting m favourite artists.

The problem is:

* the typer of music I listen to hardly gets any air-time on TV or radio, meaning the Internet is the best way to find up-and-coming artists;

* sometimes you can find great bands and I can't find their albums in real life!

Yeah I got into Opeth because some guys from the Music & Movies Forum talked them up. I'm really into them.