What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The LU Hattrick Team Owners Thread

chileman

Coach
Ernesto Strike force asked me if he can play at my home ground as he thinks I will get a better crowd than him and more revenue for both of us, is that ok???

Mad Dogg

Juniors
Yep, if both teams agree you can change the venue around.

Looks like neither Nibbs' nor my own player did sell, which is disappointing as both had players of similar skills go for more. Mine's re-listed at $5.5m.

Nibbs, I'm guessing you're a playmaker trainer? If so, your wingers get 50% of training also (will go up roughly one level every season), so you could use that money to get a fourth winger trainee. I'm not completely sure on prices, but you might be able to get a 17 or 18yo solid winger with inadequate playmaking.

The other option (especially if you re-list that player and get some good money) is to save up a little and get a solid coach. Your current inadequate coach will mean your players will take 2 extra weeks to go up every level compared to a solid. A solid coach with poor leadership (coaching skill is much more important than leadership, especially to new teams - my own has dropped to weak leadership) will cost about $500 000. Then he'll do you for a couple of seasons until you get the money together to get a solid coach with some leadership.

nibbs

Bench
hmmm, it's tempting. however, he is the best of youthful midfielders. and tbh i'm not sure if i wanna let him go

nibbs

Bench
just to recap, i purchased a fourth winger just now for $14,000. Antonio Lorca, who is 17yo. Passable winger, inadequate playmaker. i've got high hopes for this kid

Mad Dogg

Juniors
Round 11 Results
-1--------------Madtown Vikings---vs---Central Coast Falcons--------4-
-0--Sri Lanka Chuckerspinmen---vs---Avalon_Avengers--------------2-
-0------------Whenuapai United---vs---Piran Suns FC------------------1-
-1---------Rockhampton Wolves---vs---AFC Real Drexciya------------1-
-0----------Ernesto’s Strikeforce---vs---Heathcote Harriers-----------3-
-2----------West Coast Cougars---vs---Dogz of War-------------------0-
-0-----Whataloada Bulldogs FC---vs---CKA------------------------------4-

Round 12 Fixtures
------Whataloada Bulldogs FC---vs---Avalon_Avengers-----------------
----------Rockhampton Wolves---vs---Piran Suns FC---------------------
-----------Ernesto’s Strikeforce---vs---AFC Real Drexciya----------------
----------------Madtown Vikings---vs---Heathcote Harriers--------------
--------------Whenuapai United---vs---Dogz of War----------------------
----Sri Lanka Chuckerspinmen---vs---CKA---------------------------------
-----------West Coast Cougars---vs---Central Coast Falcons-----------

Poida_Raider

Bench
ahh shit. i had one of my playmaking trainees in the central defencer spot on the lineup sheet, and didnt change him to inner midfield. which is really quite a pain in the arse, cause he's in the early leader in my favourite player books. cause of his name, and his potential.
thats quite annoying. i dont think he will train now anyways, someone can always correct me, because he did play in the inner midfield on sunday. just not today unfortunately.

Dogs Of War

Coach
As long as the play in the midfield either midweek or on sunday they will train. You should be maximising your training by playing different players in the midweek games and your league games in the midfield. (Can train then 6 inner mids with 100% and your 4 wingers 50%)

RHCP*Auricom

Juniors
That was a great match Nibbs...i honestly cannot believe i ended up winning it after your 76% final possesion rate....anyhow, if it eases your mind a bit...you took out my Star Striker for 6 weeks.... :evil: ... :), nah, good game.....what are the chances of beating the wolves next wednesday you think people....... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Mad Dogg

Juniors
Dogs of War said:
As long as the play in the midfield either midweek or on sunday they will train.
Hate to say it, but unfortunately not true. It's based on the last position they played in, so if a player plays both league and friendly match, the position they played in the friendly will determine whether or not they'll get training. So sorry Poida, but no training for that guy this week.

RHCP*Auricom said:
what are the chances of beating the wolves next wednesday you think people.......
The way the form of all my inner mids are going, probably pretty damn good. They were all in good form earlier in the season, but over the last two weeks most of them have quickly dropped (including my best two to weak form :( ).

Here's the table:

..............Team…….……....…….Played......Won……Drawn….….Lost ………For……..Agst………+/-……....Pts…
1. Heathcote Harriers ………………11……………..7……………3…………..…1……….…..36…………..6………….+30………….24
2. CKA ………..…………………….……….11……………..7…………..2………………2……………28………….16…………+12………….23
3. AFC Real Drexciya …………………11……………..5…………..5…………..…1……………28…………..16………..+12………….20
4. Ernesto's Strikeforce ……………10………………6…….…….1………….….3……………27…………..12………..+15………….19 *
5. Rockhampton Wolves …………..11……………..6…………..1……………..4……………22…………..12………..+10………….19
6. Central Coast Falcons….……….10……………..5…………..4………………1…………..23…………..15………….+8…………..19 *
7. Dogz of War…………………… …….11……………..5……………2…………..…4…………..20……………17………….+3…………..17
8. Avalon Avengers ……………………11……………..5……………2…………..…4……….….23……...….23……………0……………17
9. Madtown Vikings……….. …………11……………..5……………1……………..5…………..23…………..21…………+2……………16
10. Piran Suns FC……………………….11……………..4……………0………..……7…………..21…………..32………..-11…………..12
11. West Coast Cougars……………11……………..3……………2……………..6…………..15…………..23………….-8……………11
12. Whataloada Bulldogs FC……..11……………..3…………..1………………7…………..24…………..43………..-19…………..10
13. Whenuapai United……………….11……………..1……………1……………..9…………….6……………31…………-25……………4
14. Sri Lanka Chuckerspinmen…..11…………….1……………1………………9…………..12…………..41…………-29……………4

*Match Postponed due to technical problems. To be played at the conclusion of LU Cup III

chileman

Coach
:shock: How did I end up on the top of the table :lol:

Heya Mad Dogg, amigo I'm not sure if I will be on the net next week....should we just have a week off LU friendlies for the festive season??? Just a thought, I consider you the boss of this comp now so your say is final! ;-)

By the way, Merry Christmas to all my hattrick buddies....thanks for plenty of fun and for letting me win to get to the top if for a brief moment :lol: :D

chileman

Coach
Actually after looking at everyone, it seems we have all nearly got our friendlies so I guess we'll go ahead with the LU cup this Wednesday! :mrgreen:

suburbanknight

Juniors
chileman said:
By the way, Merry Christmas to all my hattrick buddies....thanks for plenty of fun and for letting me win to get to the top if for a brief moment :lol: :D

Merry Xmas to you too Amigo and to all the rest of you Hattrickers.

And all the very best for 2005.

Kind regards,

The Lone Pommie LU Hattricker.

Poida_Raider

Bench
merry christmas everyone!
and thanks mad dogg for confirming my worry there! a total f**k up on my part for not playing him inner midfielder.. damn!