What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The LU Hattrick Team Owners Thread

Mad Dogg

Juniors
Big news for my team. No, HUGE news would be more exact.

Please welcome your newest U-20 Oceanian representative: Pedro El-Abaseri (Player ID# 35933386). I was afraid my earlier optimism on his selection may have been unfounded, but about an hour ago the U-20 manager HT-Mailed me for his up-to-date statistics, and then 10 minutes ago I saw he had a flag next to his name and 'Also part of Team U-20 Oceania!' in his player page. My first ever national player.

Needless to say, I am quite happy at the moment. :D

Corbin

Juniors
Big news for my team. No, HUGE news would be more exact.

Please welcome your newest U-20 Oceanian representative: Pedro El-Abaseri (Player ID# 35933386). I was afraid my earlier optimism on his selection may have been unfounded, but about an hour ago the U-20 manager HT-Mailed me for his up-to-date statistics, and then 10 minutes ago I saw he had a flag next to his name and 'Also part of Team U-20 Oceania!' in his player page. My first ever national player.

Needless to say, I am quite happy at the moment.

WELL DONE MAD DOGG!!!

Mad Dogg

Juniors
Thanks guys. It looks likely that he'll get his first cap tomorrow night against Argentina, unfortunately it's on too late to watch it live (something like 4am). But I'll certainly be getting online as soon as I wake up on Saturday to see how he goes.

with each comp does v.15 say meen its higher than v.88?
No, all V leagues are the same (although obviously some leagues will have better teams and so will be harder to get results in). However, if you promote out of Div V you'll head into one of the Div IV leagues, which is a higher level.

Poida_Raider

Bench
congratulations mad dogg. thats a mighty fine effort champ, obviously thats one of the big goals in this game isnt it!
i hope once my youth are up to scratch, to pull someone who is solid, probably better excellent, and then have the right staff to train him into the champion he should be!
obviously i havent decided training what exactly.. i'm training playmaking as i've got a few young players with playmaking ability, both with passable and solid passing respectively. well there the two main guys, the other is old, and the other after that not as good.
playmaking and passing are a great combo in midfield arent they? i know forwards like to have good passing. anyways, their stamina isnt great. obviously off season for that.

but yeah, great work mad dogg! i spose we'll probably see your player in the national open team in the future aswell!

Dogs Of War

Coach
Mad Dogg said:

with each comp does v.15 say meen its higher than v.88?
No, all V leagues are the same (although obviously some leagues will have better teams and so will be harder to get results in). However, if you promote out of Div V you'll head into one of the Div IV leagues, which is a higher level.

Your telling me! The team that is running 3rd in my comp has 2 under 20 national players. I get carved each week like 6-0 etc. Must say though that I am still learning the game and my tatics I think are improving each week.

Mad Dogg

Juniors
Poida_Raider said:
i'm training playmaking as i've got a few young players with playmaking ability, both with passable and solid passing respectively. well there the two main guys, the other is old, and the other after that not as good.

playmaking and passing are a great combo in midfield arent they?

but yeah, great work mad dogg! i spose we'll probably see your player in the national open team in the future aswell!
Heh, that's a long long time away, but hopefully one day...

And passing is a great secondary for a playmaker to have. Boosts the attack ratings, particularly if you play them offensively. If you can get their playmaking up to decent levels you'll be able to sell them for some serious money.

Dogs of War said:
Your telling me! The team that is running 3rd in my comp has 2 under 20 national players.
Ouch, I'm not logged on in Hattrick at the moment so I can't check, but I'm guessing that's Sky Blues? If so, she basically gave the game away ages ago and sold all her players, then used that money to buy the best forwards of that season. She doesn't really try to win with her team, she just sits there training those players and getting them to extremely high levels for the national team. If she ever decides to come back she could probably buy her way back to Div III if she wanted to.

Yep, just checked and it is Sky Blues. Even my defence wouldn't be able to stop her attack.

Mad Dogg

Juniors
Heh, I've never quite hit the divine rating (I gather you're talking old ratings, I'm not even close in the new ones). I've come literally as close to it as you can get, with an oustanding (low) in the new ratings when the old divine mark is outstanding (high).

I would've got it by now, but I always play with my wingbacks offensive and I also now use an offensive central defender. So I lose a lot of my defence ratings in a bid to try to boost my midfield and attack.

Pedro made his national debut this morning, in a good 2-1 win over U-20 Argentina. Seeing that there are currently only 4 defenders in the squad, he has a good chance to play in most of the friendlies until the next U-20 manager takes over early next season. :clap:

nibbs

Bench
my side won 6-0 this afternoon, notching up our 50th league goal of the season. we need to win only 3 of our last four game in order to secure promotion back up division V.

question. finally my new ground began doing what i thought it would do straight away. i got a crowd of 9600 today and gates receipts of about $144,000. Thanks to that I have a healthy $105,000 in the bank. I've hired a second spokesman so I'm hoping sponsorship will continue to gradually go up. It cracked $70,000 this week. My supporter club has 575 members. Before kick off I had made a loss of $30,000 so that $105,000 may as well be $75,000. My squad has a few injuries here and there, so I need to keep adding to the depth in my team. I play a 3-5-2. I currently own 2 keepers, 4 defenders, 3 wingers, 6 inner midfielders, and 3 strikers. Where should I look to invest about $70,000????

nibbs

Bench
Guillaume Gournay (29121561)
19 years, passable form, healthy
A controversial person who is balanced and dishonest.
Has disastrous experience and inadequate leadership abilities.

Speciality: Technical

Nationality: France
Total Skill Index (TSI): 1 180

Wage: 1 392 AU$/week including 20% Bonus
Owner: Whenuapai United
Warnings: 0

Stamina: excellent
Goaltending: disastrous
Playmaking: solid Passing: inadequate

Winger: inadequate Defending: weak
Scoring: weak Set Pieces: poor

Career Goals: 5
League goals this season: 3

only $396,000...

Mad Dogg

Juniors
I had a big 3-0 win that all but guarentees that I'll finish second. After getting 3rd four of the last five seasons, it is an improvement.

I'm selling another of my original trainees:

Stuart Bedenham (14452183)
22 years, excellent form, healthy
A sympathetic guy who is tranquil and honest.
Has poor experience and wretched leadership abilities.

Nationality: Oceania
Total Skill Index (TSI): 16 710
Wage: 8 320 AU$/week
Owner: Rockhampton Wolves
Warnings: 0

Stamina: solid Goaltending: disastrous
Playmaking: poor Passing: weak
Winger: poor Defending: magnificent
Scoring: inadequate Set Pieces: poor

Transfer list: Central Defender
Deadline: 20/12/2004 at 14.21
Asking price: 5 800 000 AU$

Nibbs, I'll take a look at your team tomorrow and see what I can suggest (although it's been a long time since I've had that small an amount of money to play with). But obviously you want to get fairly good ratings over the field, so if you see that you have some section that is significantly below the others perhaps you can look at improving that area.

nibbs

Bench
yeh, so with the server down i guess my players auction has been extended. no bids, yet, but considering other players of his skill have sold for similar, or even higher price it shouldn't be long until i see a bid...well i hope

Latest posts