What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The LU Hattrick Team Owners Thread

nibbs

Bench
at the end of the season i'm looking at a handy bonus of $320,000. Now, I've got 2 things in mind. Should i get a better coach, or should I buy a new defender???

Mambo

Juniors
Anyone looking for a clown I have one for sale. Had him in my team for a while now so its a sad sale. I got an excellent scorer that is also a clown so i'm looking to offload this guy.

Topou Powell (15325734)
25 years, inadequate form, healthy
A popular guy who is temperamental and upright.
Has wretched experience and solid leadership abilities.

Nationality: Oceania
Total Skill Index (TSI): 150
Wage: 1 080 AU$/week
Owner: Hills Havoc
Warnings: 0

Stamina: solid Goaltending: disastrous
Playmaking: inadequate Passing: poor
Winger: inadequate Defending: poor
Scoring: poor Set Pieces: inadequate

Career Goals: 0
Career Hattricks: 0
League goals this season: 0
Cup goals this season: 0

Transfer list: Winger

Deadline: 29/12/2004 at 13.38

Asking price: 169 000 AU$

Mad Dogg

Juniors
nibbs said:
at the end of the season i'm looking at a handy bonus of $320,000. Now, I've got 2 things in mind. Should i get a better coach, or should I buy a new defender???
Personally I'd go for the coach. Long-term he will make a big difference. A solid coach would see your trainees go up four levels in only a week or two more than an inadequate coach would see them pop three levels. So if that means getting them to excellent rather than solid, or formidable instead of excellent, you could then sell a couple of them and the extra profit would be significant. And the longer you train, the bigger the difference will be.

Just sold that magnificent defender for $5.5m, and have another world class defender listed for $6.3m. I highly doubt anyone here can afford him so I won't worry about posting his stats, but this weeks youth pull might be interesting if anybody else trains defence:

Theodore Rutherford (50107859)
18 years, passable form, healthy
A sympathetic guy who is temperamental and dishonest.
Has disastrous experience and passable leadership abilities.

Nationality: Oceania
Total Skill Index (TSI): 730
Wage: 1 247 AU$/week
Owner: Rockhampton Wolves
Warnings: 0

Stamina: inadequate Goaltending: disastrous
Playmaking: poor Passing: weak
Winger: weak Defending: solid
Scoring: wretched Set Pieces: weak

Listed for $100 000.

Corbin

Juniors
if anyone has/gets any really cheap and good players and are putting them on the market please tell me im really looking for some players at the moment.

Much appreciated.

Mambo

Juniors
Mad Dogg do you have a solid coach?

And surely one of you newbies needs my clown (refer above!) Every team needs a clown for team spirit and morale!

Mad Dogg

Juniors
Mambo said:
Mad Dogg do you have a solid coach?
Yep. It was actually great timing, I bought him as a player just before the coach changes came into place, and realised I had a solid experience with passable leadership player in my team just begging to be made into a coach. Unfortunately his leadership has dropped to weak (it drops roughly a level every one and a half seasons I think), so I'm on the hunt now for another player that will be able to be turned into a coach after a season. I do have a player with solid experience and inad leadership, but I'd really prefer at least passable leadership.

Mad Dogg

Juniors
Yeah, when you first start off just get a coach with weak or even poor leadership. Anything else is just a bonus really. But keep an eye out for any players who you'll later be able to turn into a coach. If you can buy a player with passable experience and high leadership that will play in your first team, eventually he should go up to solid experience and you'll be able to turn him into a top coach.

LU Cup Results
------Whataloada Bulldogs FC---vs---Avalon_Avengers-----------------
-3--------Rockhampton Wolves---vs---Piran Suns FC-------------------2-
-3---------Ernesto’s Strikeforce---vs---AFC Real Drexciya--------------1-
-0--------------Madtown Vikings---vs---Heathcote Harriers------------4-
-4------------Whenuapai United---vs---Dogz of War--------------------0-
-3--Sri Lanka Chuckerspinmen---vs---CKA-------------------------------4-
-2---------West Coast Cougars---vs---Central Coast Falcons---------1-

Not sure what happened with the Whataloada Bulldogs vs Avalon match, neither have logged into hattrick for a few days.

Round 13 Fixtures (last round!)
------------Ernesto’s Stikeforce---vs---Avalon_Avengers-----------------
----Sri Lanka Chuckerspinmen---vs---Piran Suns FC---------------------
------Whataloada Bulldogs FC---vs---AFC Real Drexciya----------------
----------------Madtown Vikings---vs---West Coast Cougars------------
----------Rockhampton Wolves---vs---Dogz of War-----------------------
-------------Heathcote Harriers---vs---CKA----------------------------------
--------------Whenuapai United---vs---Central Coast Falcons-----------

Dog-E

Juniors
Really sorry, but....looks like I'll have to drop out of this!...I scarcely have time for HT at all any more, and my league team are on the verge of being relegated, such is the sad state of disrepair I have let them fall into this season thru my neglect! :(

I'll play out this season, but I havent quite decided whether to jack it all in, and have a big player bonfire after that yet...or to still log in every now & then - even tho i dont have the time to play properly - and try to survive in V next season...hoping my spare time frees up, and my interest in HT returns!...But either way, I wont be round to book friendlies all the time & etc...so its unfair of me to tie up a spot in the cup, and stuff people around, and possibly make them lose training...plus I know theres several teams who ARE keen to get a start in the LU Cup! :?

So regretfully - i feel to be fair, I must hand in our resignation from the tourney - best of luck fellas!...And who knows?..I might just keep my hand in, and with a little luck ourselves, maybe the Whataloada Bulldogs will be back to rise from our ashes one day! 8)

Mad Dogg

Juniors
Damn, I can't believe you're following Mambo into semi-retirement. The two of you have been the premier teams from LU for a long time, it's sad to see you leaving the game. :(

Next week is the final round in the LU Cup III, so will you be able to log on and accept that friendly against Drexciya?

chileman

Coach
We're going to miss you Dog-E....you're not leaving just because I'm going to win the LU Cup III are you :p but sadly things could change for me too soon big time, the Uni is now restricting internet access to staff unless it is work related...we have passwords ect now so they can monitor what we look at alot like Ernesto Strikeforce goes through at present #-o so I may not even be able to look at LU at work anymore.....will know more as the weeks unfold but it doesn't look good! :cry:

Dog-E

Juniors
Mad Dogg said:
Damn, I can't believe you're following Mambo into semi-retirement. The two of you have been the premier teams from LU for a long time, it's sad to see you leaving the game. :(

Next week is the final round in the LU Cup III, so will you be able to log on and accept that friendly against Drexciya?

Yeah, it's just the way things have been going :cry: ...unfortunate, but it's hard to let go of my HT habit!!!...As i said, I may yet hang around...but will just not be able to devote nearly enough time to HT in the coming months at least, to do my team any justice!...We may well be able to battle on in Div.V given the scarce attention I'll be able to pay to the team...or more to the point - my opponents - but knows??..>We'll see what happens, and then if my time frees up - and HT introduces 1 or 2 new twists into the game - hopefully I can be there to take off again!? 8)

And yeah - I'll accept his challenge, no worries...but i just logged in 2 see now.....and he hasn't challenged me yet...?

But ill check back again b4 Wed...and if he challenges me - ill accept! :)

Dog-E

Juniors
OK Ive challenged Drexciya now...so all he has to do - is accept...Then beat the absolute pants off of me!!! Heheh! ;-)

Mad Dogg

Juniors
Perhaps you'll get relegated to my Div. I've been waiting for someone from here to be put into my group, would certainly spice things up a bit.

I had a big game against the league leaders today. He had won every game before getting to me, so I wanted to try to beat him and have a better chance at getting an easier team to replace him when he promotes. Went all out and got my best match ratings ever, but I could only get a 2-2 draw. At least I can say that for the third season in a row I've been the only team to take points off the eventual champion (unless he drops points in his last two games - he may well do in the last one). And next season is when I aim to to win the league myself.

Just the latest update on Pedro. He made his third appearance in a row for the U-20 team on Friday and got 5.5 stars in the central defence (something he repeated today as a defensive wingback). Sure, he may have been in excellent form, but 5.5 stars in the centre is still a huge rating for an 18yo. I'm rubbing my hands in anticipation of what he's going to be doing in a season or two. :twisted:

RHCP*Auricom

Juniors
We're dropping like flies.

It really is sad to hear that more of you guys will be leaving, the likes have me have grown up in Hattrick with members like Chileman, Mambo, Mad Dogg, Dog-E...Since i first started ive always had the forums to come and look at for advice and the members who post in it to interrogate... ;-), so if it is true that mambo has really left and Dog-E may follow suit, then thanks fellas, thanks for the patience and support youve supplied noobey teams like me with

Yet on a more slightly negative note (kidding) I lost again today, 5-2 to the premiers...I have a feeling my team is going backwards, at first i lost 3-1 to the premiers and now im losing 5-2, 2-1 losses are now 4-0 losses and 3-2 victories are now 3-0 losses!!!! The Suns are still at 4th in an extremely good div VI diviosion but either im going to have to teleport to another leage or get my act up to scratch...

Latest posts