What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The LU Hattrick Team Owners Thread

nibbs

Bench
I was just looking at that website that tells you what division will be in next season and it looks like I'm headed for V.228. I'm almost certain looking at the teams that will be joining me that I'll be able to avoid the bottom 2. What's more I could possibly even push for a top 4 spot. That is perhaps a little optimistic, but you never know. I'm just glad that I managed to avoid a strong division that might see my side, which certainly has improved a lot in the past season, relegated back to division. For instance I didn't want to have to face a division with teams like Mad Dogg's. I'm almost 100% sure that wont happen again...

bloddy hell i was unbeaten (won them all) in the first 10 matches with a +35 goal difference. neading 5 points from 4 matches to automatically go up.

rnd 11 drew 3-3 with my only keeper (solid) getting injured (so need 4 points from 3 matches)
rnd 12 playing a team that i beat 9-2 in round three, but i lose 1 - 4. (need 4 points from two matches)
rnd 13 lose again 2 - 4 (can't automatically qualify)
rnd 14 win 3 - 2 (bloody a bit late)

man that was frustrating.

MrCharisma

Bench
Tyrone MURIWAI (52765118)
18 years, passable form, healthy
A pleasant guy who is balanced and honest.
Has disastrous experience and weak leadership abilities.

Nationality: Oceania
Total Skill Index (TSI): 3 490
Wage: 4 457 AU$/week
Owner: Central Coast Falcons
Warnings: 0

Stamina: wretched Goaltending: solid
Playmaking: disastrous Passing: disastrous
Winger: disastrous Defending: disastrous
Scoring: disastrous Set Pieces: disastrous

Transfer list: Keeper
Deadline: 20/01/2005 at 10.29
Asking price: 150 000 AU$

Corbin

Juniors
Sorry mate, was that you I accepted...only just saw this post and accepted a friendly this morning....hope it was you!

dont worry mate my team has been closed at the moment im being wrongly accused for over priced transfer but dont worry ill get my team back up

Azkatro

First Grade
What's the longest you guys have gone without buying or selling a single player? Just out of interest.

Glenn

First Grade
Two points...

if you had more than 3 defenders you won't getting training for the week.

As for who ever has a disasterous game, it is decided purely on how many "stars" they get, nothing to do with the number of goals they score etc

Mad Dogg

Juniors
You can't use more than three players in a single position, ie central defender, inner mid, or forward. You can use the 5 defenders if you use three central defenders and two wingbacks. Six however, will make you lose all training for the week, including the players that played in the league. You'll get a message soon in the Club section telling you that you lost training.

dont worry mate my team has been closed at the moment im being wrongly accused for over priced transfer but dont worry ill get my team back up
Silly silly boy. I doubt you'll get the team back, it's quite obvious you were using a second team to feed money to your first. They always catch you.
Azkatro said:
katro"]What's the longest you guys have gone without buying or selling a single player? Just out of interest.
When I first started I bought one player who went on to be the rock my midfield was built on for many seasons and is still competing for a spot in my line-up, and then went about 5 months without any transfers. More recently, not counting my youth pulls who sold for peanuts, about two months.

Corbin

Juniors
Silly silly boy. I doubt you'll get the team back, it's quite obvious you were using a second team to feed money to your first. They always catch you

No my friend joined and he didnt like the game so he decided to help me out by buying my players on the transfer market

nibbs

Bench
vesh said:
Damn I wish I had known about the 3 player thingy. I was gonna play 5-4-1 but I thought I should give this other guy a go aswell so I changed to 6-3-1.
Damn I f***** that up.

hahaha and corbin, what the??? you've had well over $1 million filtered into your team. that's just a little blatent imo

Mambo

Juniors
Silly silly boy. I doubt you'll get the team back, it's quite obvious you were using a second team to feed money to your first. They always catch you

No my friend joined and he didnt like the game so he decided to help me out by buying my players on the transfer market

Thats the biggest load of tripe I've ever heard C&A. You'll never see that squad again. Even if it was your 'friend' that signed up, him buying your players at inflated prices is outright cheating. Using that same 'friends' team to buy all your dud players was stupid, stupid, stupid, especailly after he decided he no longer wanted to play the game!!! Hattrick has hundreds (could be thousands, not sure) of Mods that are given the job of tracking down this exact type of activity. So your well and truly screwed. Next time actually read the rules.

I notice that the cost of stadium upgrading will be doubled on the 31st January. Do you guys reckon I should make the jump from 50,000 seats to 60,000. MY worry is that I've only sold out 50,000 twice but my business sense says upgrade now while its cheap. Decisions, decisions....

Dogs Of War

Coach
vesh said:
Damn I wish I had known about the 3 player thingy. I was gonna play 5-4-1 but I thought I should give this other guy a go aswell so I changed to 6-3-1.
Damn I f***** that up.

You obviously didn't read any of the instructions on hattrick or the site that I gave you www.hottrick.org which has a section of training which explains that. But really it's up to you if you want to read up on the game so can get better at it.

Corbin

Juniors
Thats the biggest load of tripe I've ever heard C&A. You'll never see that squad again. Even if it was your 'friend' that signed up, him buying your players at inflated prices is outright cheating. Using that same 'friends' team to buy all your dud players was stupid, stupid, stupid, especailly after he decided he no longer wanted to play the game!!! Hattrick has hundreds (could be thousands, not sure) of Mods that are given the job of tracking down this exact type of activity. So your well and truly screwed. Next time actually read the rules.

yeh well i had to take that risk, i was on the verge of bankruptcy. so ill see you all on the field in about 9-10 weeks.

MrCharisma

Bench
Mambo said:
I notice that the cost of stadium upgrading will be doubled on the 31st January. Do you guys reckon I should make the jump from 50,000 seats to 60,000. MY worry is that I've only sold out 50,000 twice but my business sense says upgrade now while its cheap. Decisions, decisions....

If you think you need it, you should. I noticed that the other day too. I'm selling a player which goes off in an hour or so and I'm going to up my stadium maybe 6-7,000..... if I have to go in debt I will.