What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The LU Hattrick Team Owners Thread

chileman

Coach
MONY do you need a friendly cause a mate of mine has just started a team and is looking for one Flinders 76373 if you want!

Poida_Raider

Bench
yeah mony you'll get the walkover.

its unfortunate, but i think the LU cup could be dying. maybe just the one cup of 8 or 10 teams or something next time. to people who are going to be committed to it! i would be committed cause i dont want to let anyone down, but i dont know if i'll go in it again.

MONY

Juniors
me either but if people do commit its def easier for me to get a friendly..... i only get challeneged by nuffies and i want a decent friendly.

Mambo

Juniors
The thing is the Premiership is going fine, but the Championship was made up of teams with a history of missing friendlies in the cup. I think for the next one we'll go for 10 or 12 teams in one competition.

MONY

Juniors
that sounds better.... if it does happen i fear i will get eaten alive as im not near the standard of say Madd Dogg whos team is miles ahead of mine. My best player only gets 4 stars.

Poida_Raider

Bench
but its all good because all that really matters is that your players are getting training!! after all thats what the main purpose of the extra game is as far as i see it

nibbs

Bench
Mambo said:
The thing is the Premiership is going fine, but the Championship was made up of teams with a history of missing friendlies in the cup. I think for the next one we'll go for 10 or 12 teams in one competition.

if you're referring to me, it should be known i've only ever missed 2 friendlies in the lu cup, both this season and both times i've had pretty valid reasons, although this time it was a spot of carelessness on my part. mony, i was tired dam tired, and accepted rather than declined the challenge from the team i played didn't mean for that to happen tbh.

Mambo

Juniors
nibbs said:
if you're referring to me, it should be known i've only ever missed 2 friendlies in the lu cup, both this season and both times i've had pretty valid reasons, although this time it was a spot of carelessness on my part. mony, i was tired dam tired, and accepted rather than declined the challenge from the team i played didn't mean for that to happen tbh.

Actually nibbs, i had a few other teams in mind. You are one of the better owners as far as I can tell on past history.

But there are a few that drop the ball. They know who they are.

Poida_Raider

Bench
the old, "i accidentally clicked accept" hahaha, how many times are we going to hear that one in here? haha, anyways now that its over i dont seem to get too many challenges. its all good though, we'll see how things go next season for the LU cup.

as for the league, i had a 0-0 draw today. i cant move from 5th place, so i'm wondering if i should PIC my last match of the season against much stronger opposition for a better MOTS game in the qualifier, or if i should just go normal for the last league game. any ideas?

Mambo

Juniors
Cup is over for another season. Congrats to the two V.21 boys, myself (Hills Havoc) and Verbatim Vampires. Vampires will probably be relieved to know that next season will be a one comp cup and so they will have stiffer opposition. I live by the realism that had Rockhampton not forfieted 3 games, I would not have won it.

Oh well, can't complain. On we all go to the next cup. By which time I will be living in Panther territory, right across the road from Panthers leagues club and the stadium. God help me.

chileman

Coach
Thanks lads, will go out and find a friendly, actually I've got 7 challenges from various teams so I get to pick and choose :p congrats to the winners and Mambo chin up amigo, it could be worse, you could be moving to Cronulla beach!:shock:

nibbs

Bench
well, big day tomorrow. my side needs to avoid losing by 3 goals or more and we will take out V.228, just thought i should note that...

Another great result for Tassie Devils (IV.40). 9th toughest Div IV league and finished a very creditable 4th again. Consolidated my training regime and very happy with the way the season panned out. Will upgrade my coach and perhaps add a few thousand seats to the grandstand and hope to go a little better next season.

nibbs

Bench
Poida_Raider said:
i'm sure you'll do great nibbs! all the best mate!

well, i won 2-0 and took out v.228 in the process. i now face a playoff, that i'm likely to lose. even if i manage to somehow win, it would ultimately condemn my side to a season from of heavy defeats, something we're just not ready for. so i'm thinking that i won't play my full strength team this time. i'll be looking to promote next season (yeah)

Poida_Raider

Bench
yeah. i finished the season in 5th, as the 1786th best team in oceania.. well i cant actually remember exactly what it was. i know its nothing compared to where most of you guys are at! but i think its quite i good little indicator of how you team is going. if its getting better or not.. well i spose it will be like that.

my qualifier is against northern territory rovers or some such bot team. but i saw that they came 3rd in their league.. whats doin there?!! i spose one of those f**k ups after sundays games. anyways i think i'll be able to beat whoever i play if that changes.

MONY

Juniors
i got relegated into a very easy div 6 league...... i will win every game by like 8-0 then go back up to div 5 and hopefully compete this time........