What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Luke O'Donnell thread

Yosh

Coach
Cheers for the heads up Roops. So not injury prone, just got ripped apart.

Definitely need some props or we gonna become the Cronulla Sharks No.2 and use backrowers in every position.

perverse

Referee
Did you intentially leave out Hilder, Perverse?
he could just about be starting hooker in current form vs de gois.

Hilder will be in the #9 or #14 for mine next year if we get LOD (and it's my personal belief that we NEED LOD). Hilder, for all of his wonderful workrate, really isn't the tough bastard we need to put some sting into our defence and attack... although i have certainly admired his efforts recently. he has been amongst our best for the past month, and i would not want him to go to another club.

to be honest i'm really starting to become disillusioned with De Gois. injuries or not, he needs to hit some form sooner rather than later. he just isn't functioning correctly at the moment... mainly in attack (although he seems to be making a lot of missed and/or ineffective tackles lately too). seems to be picking poor times to run from dummy half very consistantly. how many times has he caught the markers not square this year? he just hasn't seemed to be the quality that he was providing last year... but perhaps i'm just scrutinizing him far heavier. he was good from the bench yesterday, hopefully he continues to build on that over the next few weeks. i still think Hilder has been even better.

so yeah, i didn't leave Hilder out on purpose per se, and i don't want him to leave the club... i'm just not sure where he fits into the back row. i wouldn't play him in the 11 or 12, and i'd like to think LOD will have a mortgage on the 13. so i see Hilder playing hooker/utility more than anything, rather than back row.

Adsy

Juniors
DeGois is certainly becoming a worry. Hilder and Gids have both been better than him when they have been ask to play hooker.

I think Hilder needs to be in our 17 somewhere (probably the #14). He was great yesterday and the thing with Matt, is that even his poor games are still usually acceptable, held together normally by his excellent tackling and workload in defence. Whereas most of our players chuck in a poor game involving all aspects of rugby league for the 80 mins quite often.

Johns Magic

Referee
Look I've never been Isaac's biggest fan. Even last year when he got the Knight of the Year award I wasn't crash hot on him.

But this year he has gone backwards. Would be very interested to know what type of dollar he's on because from what I've heard it's a fair bit.

perverse

Referee
Look I've never been Isaac's biggest fan. Even last year when he got the Knight of the Year award I wasn't crash hot on him.

But this year he has gone backwards. Would be very interested to know what type of dollar he's on because from what I've heard it's a fair bit.
i don't think he's on peanuts. it would be $200k-$250k i'd say at a wild sort of speculative guess. maybe even a bit more.

it'd be top-tier non-rep money i'd say.

roopy

Referee
Issac is coming back from a knee reconstrution and has a broken bone in his wrist.
I'd give him two or three weeks off to get over the wrist at least if we can afford to do so, and with Hilder and Kidley in amazing form I say we can do without him at the moment.

Talanexor

Juniors
Bit off topic, but how long is De Gois signed for?

I thought he was pretty darn good the last couple of years, though he's struggling this year. If he's on the nose a bit at Newcastle, I wouldn't mind seing him in Townsville, although not on the sort of money that's been suggested (100K-150K max)

perverse

Referee
hahahaha 100k...

he's hardly "on the nose" down here. i very strongly doubt our coaching staff are gonna give up on him, and he's not playing dreadfully. he's just very very below what he's actually capable of. very down on form, and yeah injuries haven't helped certainly. but we do need him to step it up sooner or later.

League_God

Juniors
every single forward on the park last night showed more startch and ticker in defence than Brett White has ever displayed. period. our defence above all else made us competitive last night... and i can't remember too many poor quality hitups either, in spite of there being relatively few of them from the front row. when you've got Gallen and Bird playing the way they did, you apparently don't even need it anyway.

Brett White is just soft. he gets stuff all metres per hitup... and doesn't really do many hitups anyway. we had a bunch of hard bastards out there for NSW last night and it showed. White is soft as fresh dog sh*t. acts like a big hard man, but he's a sheep in wolves clothing. he's just not worth anywhere near the money he would be asking. unless we pay like 150-200k for him, it's a terrible, terrible signing.
top post. agree 100%

Latest posts