What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Luke O'Donnell thread

Jobdog

Live Update Team
I actually didnt realise LOD was 30 I thought he was somewhere between 26-28 to be honest with you...... Very big gamble.
In rugby league pylons he's probably around 28 and a half with all those suspensions put into the equation ;-)

Serc

First Grade
You been admiring O'Donnell's body like Stone has been admiring you know who? :p

Not that I disagree, he does look like a f**king beast!

Johns Magic

Referee
You been admiring O'Donnell's body like Stone has been admiring you know who? :p

Not that I disagree, he does look like a f**king beast!

Haha. But my point was that LOD looks after himself which will mean his body is maintained a bit better than the normal NRL player and he might have a couple more years left in him.

I would never say LOD is a great player because he has a great body ;-)

Yosh

Coach
So he isn't injury prone right? Just judiciary prone?

I remember he was out for ages last year wasn't he?

Year before that I believe Yosh, Tigers players tried to use him use him as the wishbone from a chicken and he was out for months as they ripped the hamstring off his bone.

Adsy

Juniors
If we lose Simmo I really hope we sign LOD. Would be a great signing.

2011 backrow:
O'Donnell
Costigan
Taia
Patterson
Hilder
Taufua
Mika

if only the front row was going to look as impressive...

If we lose Simmo I really hope we sign LOD. Would be a great signing.

2011 backrow:
O'Donnell
Costigan
Taia
Patterson
Hilder
Taufua
Mika

if only the front row was going to look as impressive...

Very true. I guess, given the facts, the question is which backrower / backrowers will be filling in as front rowers?

My first pick was be Costigan. Possibly Taufua too.

Johns Magic

Referee
EDIT - To Baron's post :

Well I think Taufua is slightly less underwhelming at lock than he is at prop. A good defender though, I'll give him that.

But I will agree with you on the second part. Richie is trash these days. Very unfortunate we have him locked up til the end of 2012.

macavity

Referee
8 Kaufusi
9 De Gois
10 Tolar
11 Taia
12 Pato
13 O'Donnell

14 Hilder
15 Costigan
16 Taufua
17 Edwards / Tui

Faas has been rubbish this year :|

Taufua to front row rotation, Costigan can also spell front row.

Joker's Wild

Coach
We all know what Richie is capable of given his form from last year so I think he is worth having at the club.

Perhaps a stint in NSWCup will give him the kick in the pants he needs

Peppers

Juniors
If we sign O'Donnell, and then don't add any outside backs, and Mad Dog sails into the sunset, is it a possibility that Pattersons future may lie in the centres fulltime? Not saying I agree but maybe this is what the coach is thinking.

i.e
Gidley, Uate, Sau, Patterson, McManus, Mullen, Henry, Tui, De Gois, Kaufusi, Costigan, Taia, O'Donnell

8 Kaufusi
9 De Gois
10 Tolar
11 Taia
12 Pato
13 O'Donnell

14 Hilder
15 Costigan
16 Taufua
17 Edwards / Tui

Faas has been rubbish this year :|

Taufua to front row rotation, Costigan can also spell front row.

Jesus Christ. I had no idea how bad our prop rotation looked until I saw them with numbers next to their names.

1. Sign a decent quality front rower.
2. Re-sign Cross (on sensible money).
3. Josh Ailaomai becomes a first grader.

We need 2 out of the 3 of these to happen, pronto.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Peppers said:
If we sign O'Donnell, and then don't add any outside backs, and Mad Dog sails into the sunset, is it a possibility that Pattersons future may lie in the centres fulltime? Not saying I agree but maybe this is what the coach is thinking.

i.e
Gidley, Uate, Sau, Patterson, McManus, Mullen, Henry, Tui, De Gois, Kaufusi, Costigan, Taia, O'Donnell

Ha ha noooooooooooooooooooo

Adsy

Juniors
I agree that if we do sign LOD, that Taufua should see himself again in the prop rotation. He just needs to improve his number of runs. Defence is excellent.

Nuffy

Bench

Mate, your joking aren't you, Did you see Patto yesterday when he got the ball in the clear yesterday, he got run down easy.

Replacement centre if there are injuries in a game, thats all.

Peppers

Juniors
Mate, your joking aren't you, Did you see Patto yesterday when he got the ball in the clear yesterday, he got run down easy.

Replacement centre if there are injuries in a game, thats all.

The bit where I wrote 'not saying I agree' may suggest that I don't agree with this scenario?

perverse

Referee
Jesus Christ. I had no idea how bad our prop rotation looked until I saw them with numbers next to their names.

1. Sign a decent quality front rower.
2. Re-sign Cross (on sensible money).
3. Josh Ailaomai becomes a first grader.

We need 2 out of the 3 of these to happen, pronto.
yeah, definitely.

it was good to see Zeb roll his sleeves up and do some tough stuff yesterday, though. i wonder if Zeb and Pato arn't looking over their shoulders a bit at all the 2nd rowers headed our way?

even if we get LOD i'd still have 11. Taia 12. Paterson 13. LOD 15. Costigan .. with KOD to earn his way onto the bench... however it'll be good if we can put Zeb and Pato under the pump a bit and get closer to their best week in, week out. i think having LOD to fire the boys up could be massive for us. i really hope we get him.