What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Refereeing The Magic Round sin bin directive

lockyno1

Post Whore
Meh...

Simple solution...

DON'T TACKLE HIGH!

I'm seriously over players whinging over a soft 'high' tackle. Simply put don't put yourself in a position to get penalised it's actually not that hard. Players are just flat out brain dead the most of them who refuse to play by the rules. A high tackle regardless of how soft it is....is still illegal!

AnonymousLurker

Juniors
Settle down lads. Most crackdowns have a shelf life of two weeks.
Look at the ‘no touching the ref’ and ‘play the ball with with your foot’ rules that affected the Dragons and nobody else.

Watch the Dragons end up with 8 on the field on Sunday.

If dragons are going to have 8, eels going to have 3 left after last week . They will bin them for touching the opposition

Need new stats.

A tackle is 1 on 1. Around legs or waist etc.

Everything else is a wrestle.

A tackle count and a wrestle count.

mave

Coach
Or we could simply encourage and reward legs tackling by allowing the defenders to actually get back to the mark before the ball is played.

Hard to hit the attacking player in the head when the defender is aiming for the waist and below.

Sphagnum

Coach
It's hard to get excited about the remaining 6 games if they're persisting with this crackdown

giphy.gif

Or we could simply encourage and reward legs tackling by allowing the defenders to actually get back to the mark before the ball is played.

Hard to hit the attacking player in the head when the defender is aiming for the waist and below.

You won’t see it because tackling around the legs will not prevent the offload, unfortunately.

LineBall

Juniors
You only had to look at the crusher tackle rule to know exactly how this was going to end up.

The question is how long will the NRL persist with this crackdown? With the amount of hysteria after two games you would think sanity will prevail and it'll be back to business as usual by next weekend. Something also tells me that for the rest of "magic round" we're not going to see the top clubs subjected to the same interpretations we saw tonight even though the incidents will be pretty much the same.

I feel like the NRL are really digging a hole for themselves with the flurry of rule changes since covid19. The goal of speeding up the game is a noble objective, but I'm not sure they're actually targeting the right things. What always felt slow about the game to me was how reliant referees are on the bunker. I swear the games are in an even worse state now as even more time seems to be spent f**king around looking at tries, captain's challenges and now, as we saw tonight, going back five tackles to find a penalty.

It's all becoming quite ridiculous and I don't enjoy watching games anywhere near as much as I used to. Sure, my team are playing like a bunch of mongoloid merkin shitbags but I I used to enjoy watching all the other games of the round and now it's just background noise while I'm usually concentrating on something else.
I agree. There is a difference between having a fast game and one that flows.

30 years ago without the bunker, without shot clocks, the game just flowed. They had proper scrums which they packed and got the ball back into play in less time than it takes for professionals today.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Meh...

Simple solution...

DON'T TACKLE HIGH!

I'm seriously over players whinging over a soft 'high' tackle. Simply put don't put yourself in a position to get penalised it's actually not that hard. Players are just flat out brain dead the most of them who refuse to play by the rules. A high tackle regardless of how soft it is....is still illegal!

problem is players sometimes fall or duck into tackles, arms bounce up off ball or shoulder, it’s high speed contact sport and sometimes things dont go as planned. If we are going to make games non contests and unwatchable when these things happen then we won’t have a professional contact sport for very long. But never fear, the knee jerk nrl won’t like the criticism they are copping so it will be a flash in the pan.

lockyno1

Post Whore
problem is players sometimes fall or duck into tackles, arms bounce up off ball or shoulder, it’s high speed contact sport and sometimes things dont go as planned. If we are going to make games non contests and unwatchable when these things happen then we won’t have a professional contact sport for very long. But never fear, the knee jerk nrl won’t like the criticism they are copping so it will be a flash in the pan.

Meh, don't aim above the ball and near the neck region. Sorry but I'm over players whinging. As a tackler you have a duty of care to not hit people high.

gerg

Juniors
If any head contact is a sin bin then JWH should be binned every time he runs the ball

Absolutely disgusting how it was suddenly considered ok for a player taking a hitup to run with his elbow directed at the throat of the bloke attempting a tackle. And the introduction of the term "bumper bars".