What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Manchester United thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mad Dogg

Juniors
The reason for my dislike & "glory hunters" comment was based on the fact that Man U is now only a business no longer a football club.
Results, Results, Results.
meh thats hardly football for me

I appreciate the Italian leagues alot more.
I love the history of the clubs, and the local support thats embedded everywhere you go.
The fans still have a large say in how there club is run, and while maybe not as rich or successful its how real football is and should always be.

Maybe your a modern football fan? which is fine,
Ill take history and love for the local clubs, you have your winning team and the cups.
So Manchester United has no history. :roll: :lol:

Go away troll.

shiznit

Coach
the English league will always be stronger than the Ukrainian league
there is just no comparison

What makes you think I automatically support an English team.
must I have one to debate this?

The reason for my dislike & "glory hunters" comment was based on the fact that Man U is now only a business no longer a football club.

I love the history of the clubs, and the local support thats embedded everywhere you go.
The fans still have a large say in how there club is run, and while maybe not as rich or successful its how real football is and should always be.

Ill take history and love for the local clubs, you have your winning team and the cups.

Keep making glazer rich; Im sure he needs it
:sarcasm:
another post of tripe and you atill haven't stated who you support..... :roll:

Tom Ace

Bench
the English league will always be stronger than the Ukrainian league
there is just no comparison

What makes you think I automatically support an English team.
must I have one to debate this?

Keep making glazer rich; Im sure he needs it
:sarcasm:

Corruption and supporters getting shivved in the arse your cup of tea yeah?

Beretov Ukraine

Juniors
So Manchester United has no history. :roll: :lol:

Go away troll.

your club is a business out to make money
there is no joining of the old and new
raising ticket prices so life long club members can no longer attend - shows how much they wish to honor that history!

Corruption and supporters getting shivved in the arse your cup of tea yeah?

maybe your upset your boys got turned last time they visited the capital?

the Italian ultras of each small town are the best supporters you will find anywhere.

Italy > England

Tom Ace

Bench
raising ticket prices so life long club members can no longer attend - shows how much they wish to honor that history!

the Italian ultras of each small town are the best supporters you will find anywhere.

Italy > England

So you follow an Italian team obviously.

I'm not going to get into some ridiculous pissing contest about rival leagues as I like watching Serie A as well.

But pathetic comments like "Italy > England" and Italian supporters being the best anywhere don't hold much water when you have stabbings on a regular basis and the amount of corruption that has gone on in the last few years and I dare say is still continuing.

And I have no idea what capital you are talking about? Saying "The Captial" doesn't really help when we are talking about England and Italy.

Tom Shines

First Grade
So you follow an Italian team obviously.

I'm not going to get into some ridiculous pissing contest about rival leagues as I like watching Serie A as well.

But pathetic comments like "Italy > England" and Italian supporters being the best anywhere don't hold much water when you have stabbings on a regular basis and the amount of corruption that has gone on in the last few years and I dare say is still continuing.

And I have no idea what capital you are talking about? Saying "The Captial" doesn't really help when we are talking about England and Italy.

He's obviously talking about the last time United went to the Italian capital, ie. Rome.

Tom Ace

Bench
He's obviously talking about the last time United went to the Italian capital, ie. Rome.

In that case, then no. I was at the time, but am no longer.

Why are you talking about the Champions League anyway B.U? That's all about a trophy and you just care about history (despite English teams having more history than Italian ones :?) and love for local teams.

Mad Dogg

Juniors
The team with no history beat Wolves 1-0 in the Carling Cup last night, despite being down to 10 men for over an hour. One of their strikers got in the clear and Fabio charged back to win the ball. Unfortunately just as he reached the striker Fabio slipped, and the only way he could then stop him was to just drag him down. Macheda then had to be replaced with De Laet to keep our defence solid.

Despite being down a man we still dominated the match, and arguably performed better after the sending off. But we didn't really create any clear cut chances until Welbeck played a fantastic 1-2 with Owen and slotted the ball into the bottom corner.

Nani was his usual self - part brilliant play, part excruciating. He's close to the most frustrating player I've ever seen.

If we need Fabio to play in the next game we could always just say it's Rafael... :p

shiznit

Coach

manchester-roma-7-1.jpg

:lol:

Mad Dogg

Juniors

Oh, and I'm officially starting to get worried about Carrick. Even in the Carling Cup where he was one of the most experienced players on the field he almost disappeared. He just seems to have no confidence in himself at all at the moment.

Hopefully he turns it around soon as we are far too reliant on Fletcher at the moment.

WireMan

Bench

Oh, and I'm officially starting to get worried about Carrick. Even in the Carling Cup where he was one of the most experienced players on the field he almost disappeared. He just seems to have no confidence in himself at all at the moment.

Hopefully he turns it around soon as we are far too reliant on Fletcher at the moment.

Yes.

His form is a worry. Hopefully Scholes and Giggs can keep there form going until he rediscovers it. Gibson can always come into do a job anyway. He is improving as a player.

From last night, Welbeck needs to improve his attitude, and work harder without the ball. Good goal though. Joshua King is the next one on the production line. Looks very good in the reserves.

WireMan

Bench

Italy > England

So your a supporter of Italian football despite being from the Ukraine? When did you start supporting them? When they were the best by any chance?

Italian Football is terrible. Terrible football which is slow and corrupt. Terrible fans who are racists. Check out Inter vs Cagliairi (sp?) from the weekend. Everytime that Ballotelli (again sp?) fella got the ball. Thats only if they can be bothered turning up, some Juve matches has the attendance of a pub team.

The best thing to come out of Italy is the plane back to England. ;-)

Tom Shines

First Grade
f**k you're tedious Berbatov... you're never going to win an argument suggesting that Italian football is better, quicker, or more skillful than the English game. Find a new target.

Mad Dogg

Juniors
He's not arguing that, Tom. He's saying that English teams have no history or supporters. Which, when you actually think about, is obviously true.

Jason Maher

Immortal
Of course, football was invented in Italy after all...

Anyhoo, fairly tame performance from United overnight, but good enough to get the 3 points, with Giggs proving the difference. Nani needs to learn he's not Ronaldo and can't do it all himself. Back on top too after lolChel$ki's shocker against Wigan.

Mad Dogg

Juniors
Giggs has now assisted our last five premier league goals in a row. Both last night, and the last three in our win over City. It looks like he's actually playing even better than he did last season.

The other great thing is that it looks like Scholes has found Giggsy's fountain of youth. He struggled a bit last season, but he's started this one very brightly. He normally leads the premier league passing stats with something like 90% success rate, but this season so far he's up at about 97% with only 9 missed passes out of about 270 attempts. Absolutely ridiculous.

WireMan

Bench
I'd be a little annoyed if i was Fletcher. Yes Giggs got the assist but my god Fletchers pass to him made Giggs job very easy.

I was pleased with the game, it could of been difficult, away against a battling team after the highs of last week. Turns out we won easy.

Top of the league despite not playing well this year. Oh yeah!

WireMan

Bench
He's not arguing that, Tom. He's saying that English teams have no history or supporters. Which, when you actually think about, is obviously true.

No he isn't just saying that. He, as an Ukrainian who supports Italy, who is/was been backed up by an athletico and a liverpool fan, both from Australia is saying that basically everyone who supports United is a glory hunter as we can't support the team for any other reason due to the fact that the team was created in 1992 and therefore has no history. :lol:

I think its probably best not talk to him anymore, he is clearly a confused person.

Status
Not open for further replies.