What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Mandolorian

Greenfields

Juniors
I actually thought that deep fake was much better than the others they’ve attempted.

I would have preferred they tried a new actor but perhaps that was their way of giving Mark Hamill some redemption.

Last edited:

shiznit

Coach
I actually thought that deep fake was much better than the others they’ve attempted

Your not wrong...
I mean it’s kind of embarrassing that the TV Show Mandalorian version of the CGI de-aged character looks better than the Rise of Skywalker version of the same de-aged character last year.

still though... there’s just something not right about it.

It’s like 99% perfect... but that 1% missing just doesn’t make it look right.

the closest I’ve seen to getting that last 1% was The Irishman... Deniro looked absolutely perfect to me... until he got physical and he looked like a 45yr old man who fights like a 75yr old... :joy::joy:

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Hands up who else nerdgasmed?
At least 4 times, firstly when i saw the X wing, then when i saw the green light saber, thirdly when he crushed that dark trooper with the force and lastly when he pulled back his hood.

It was so amazing, and once again makes me so mad that this great show is heading towards the sequel dumpster fire.

bileduct

Coach
Your not wrong...
I mean it’s kind of embarrassing that the TV Show Mandalorian version of the CGI de-aged character looks better than the Rise of Skywalker version of the same de-aged character last year.

still though... there’s just something not right about it.

It’s like 99% perfect... but that 1% missing just doesn’t make it look right.

the closest I’ve seen to getting that last 1% was The Irishman... Deniro looked absolutely perfect to me... until he got physical and he looked like a 45yr old man who fights like a 75yr old... :joy::joy:
I haven't seen The Irishman, but the de-ageing of Samuel L. Jackson in Captain Marvel was light years ahead of what we've seen Rogue One and The Mandalorian.

With de-aged Nick Fury I feel like I am still looking at something that moves like a real human. With the techniques used by ILM to recreate Tarkin and Leia, and whatever they did in The Mandalorian, I can only see a computer generated character that moves like a computer generated character at a standard that's not really that much better than pre-rendered cutscenes in video games.

That said, check this out... Someone took the Tarkin and Leia scenes from Rogue One and did some deep fake reprocessing on them with DeepFaceLabs, and look how much better they are than what ILM came up with, even though they are still limited by the original dodgy motion capture and animation.

Greenfields

Juniors
Why wasn’t Grogu used in any of the sequel movies by jar jar Abrams and Ruin Johnson..
He’s part of the patriarchy?

I think by time TFA takes place he’s around 70 to 80 years old so probably hasn’t grown much in that time (depending on how the species develops). I think it’s likely he was created to play a big part in movies beyond the ST.

Last edited:

Latest posts