What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Matty Johns Show: Thursdays @ 7.30pm on 7

Minotaur

Juniors
Controversy Corner is one of the only shining lights in this pretty dismal show. Grilling Willie mason......priceless.

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
The AFL Footy show is infinitely better because they have a massive tool like Newman on board. I f**king hate AFL and I watch it just to be entertained by Newman especially when Fevola or the captain of the Hawks was on. The first thing the NRL needs is someone like Sam Newman that's got an IQ of above 50. He's got a really good public profile even with all the crap he pulls and people he offends.

Newman only gets away with it because he's a Victorian celeb on a Victorian show. If a RL personality tried that sh*t he'd be hung, drawn and quartered by the Sydney press.

El Diablo

Post Whore
not too bad so far for the first episode

CC was good

i'd hardly cal Webcke robotic. he'd make a great host. pity 9 won't let them use footage as that would really help

Jono078

Referee
Segments are moving too quickly IMO, there's no good flow to the show.

Otherwise not bad and just good to have another league show available to the fans.

Brutus

Referee
I'm enjoying it. It's been a little rushed and I can understand the robotic calls, but it's nothing a couple of weeks couldn't fix. The nerves are obvious.

I really hope this is successful because RL on another FTA network in prime time can only be a good thing.

Controversy corner was great. Paul Kent was excellent.

Shane Webcke is a natural on TV. He'd make a great host.

Eion

First Grade
I'm enjoying it for the most part - when will it end though? thought it was an hour?

a bit rushed and suffering from lack of footage but good effort first up.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Controversy Corner is the shining light of this show. Excellent segment and good to hear players speak their mind. Kent is perfect for something like this too, and I don't mind Webcke as a panelist.

However, the rest is irrelevant or completely un-funny. How f**king hard is it to produce a decent NRL show honestly?

smacky

Juniors
Ye it all seemed a bit rushed. Hopefully they will cut down on some of the segments and leave more time to preview games, for Controversy Corner and interview players.

Brutus

Referee
Matty Johns needs to smile. He's got that weird frown going.

6.5 out of 10 with definite scope for improvement. As far as first nights go, it was a success. I hope it rates well.

boonboon

Juniors
Thought it was great - way better then the footy show thought the increased focus on footy combined with funny skits and generally just the intelligence of it i'll be tuning in every week

Brutus

Referee
I thought the house band was good too. Better than your straight out bogan rock band. Something different.

Leethal

Juniors
How f**king hard is it to produce a decent NRL show honestly?

A good question. I was disappointed by the Matty Johns Show. Footy Show lite.

FFS there are 16 games of NRL across 10 - 11 days. Why can't we have a serious review of the round gone and a decent analysis of the round coming up, with a little of the humour thrown in? Surely that is what RL fans want on a FTA Rugby League show?!?!

Anyway, roll on next week. Give it a few weeks I reckon. If nothing changes, I'll give it the punt like the 'Footy' Show.

not too bad so far for the first episode

CC was good

i'd hardly cal Webcke robotic. he'd make a great host. pity 9 won't let them use footage as that would really help

Pretty much the same oppinion liked Shane nice foil for Johns......... Aside from Don Kirk, didnt mind and liked most segments certainly willing to have a second serve.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Potential yeah but too much of Matty's rubbish stunts/skits from what I saw of it. I know TFS is guilty of it but to be honest, TFS actually "smartened up" last year and spent a lot of time on RL issues.

Controversy corner was fantastic but yeah, they need to up the level of RL content.

Latest posts