What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Matty Johns Show: Thursdays @ 7.30pm on 7

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
A good question. I was disappointed by the Matty Johns Show. Footy Show lite.

FFS there are 16 games of NRL across 10 - 11 days. Why can't we have a serious review of the round gone and a decent analysis of the round coming up, with a little of the humour thrown in? Surely that is what RL fans want on a FTA Rugby League show?!?!

Anyway, roll on next week. Give it a few weeks I reckon. If nothing changes, I'll give it the punt like the 'Footy' Show.
NRL on Fox used to be that show but it's gone to buggery the last year or so, especially now it's got some more of the stupid segments TFS is renowned for.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
A good question. I was disappointed by the Matty Johns Show. Footy Show lite.

FFS there are 16 games of NRL across 10 - 11 days. Why can't we have a serious review of the round gone and a decent analysis of the round coming up, with a little of the humour thrown in? Surely that is what RL fans want on a FTA Rugby League show?!?!

Anyway, roll on next week. Give it a few weeks I reckon. If nothing changes, I'll give it the punt like the 'Footy' Show.

More segments like Controvery Corner, and less of stupid attempts at comedy and it could end up being a decent show.

I mean an overgrown kid playing in an U10s side - that's f**king pathetic seriously.

Angry_eel

First Grade
destined to fail. Too Rugby League for the general public and not enough Rugby League for RL fans. It will be moved to the 9:30 slot or killed off.

The Tank

Bench
I actually thought it was worse than The Footy Show... that's pretty bad. I cringed most of the way through that... You could tell Matty was very nervous. BTW, Kesha is a f**king weirdo.

Some people on here need to realise that they are catering for more then just die hard fans not everyone wants to see rows of stats ect ect ect as the show goes on they will find a happy balance no doubt.

Fui!!!

Juniors
Potential yeah but too much of Matty's rubbish stunts/skits from what I saw of it. I know TFS is guilty of it but to be honest, TFS actually "smartened up" last year and spent a lot of time on RL issues.

Controversy corner was fantastic but yeah, they need to up the level of RL content.

You do realise it is the MATTY JOHNS SHOW don't you??

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Who is Matty John? ;-)

And yes I realise that's the name of the show but:

a) that's because they were too lazy to think of a better title; and

b) it's supposed to be a Rugby League show, regardless of it's name.

If it continues on the current path, it's likely to get RL ridiculed in the public eye soon enough.

fourplay

Juniors
Controversy Corner is the shining light of this show. Excellent segment and good to hear players speak their mind. Kent is perfect for something like this too, and I don't mind Webcke as a panelist.

However, the rest is irrelevant or completely un-funny. How f**king hard is it to produce a decent NRL show honestly?

They should move the Sunday Roast show to prime time, throw in a few segments from Beau Ryan, Ben Te'o/Thaiday/Hindmarsh with a mic at trainings etc. maybe a guest appearance from Benji Marshall.

Bam there is your footy show.

Patsy

Juniors
get rid of

don kirk
alby sandals
stevo
the man boy

rest is ok - more footy talk, more interviews, more game previews

Minotaur

Juniors
destined to fail. Too Rugby League for the general public and not enough Rugby League for RL fans. It will be moved to the 9:30 slot or killed off.

BINGO

Footy show gets away with it because of the late timeslot, but primetime like this really needs to cater for one or the other. Personally I would prefer more footy, less attempted humour (and preferrably less Jason Stevens - what a tool).

user_nat

Coach
It's not woeful.

But I can't see how a show like this can survive in it's timeslot. They could be airing something that gets 1m+ viewers, this will be lucky to get half that. (unless whatever they are doing in the other states goes well.)

get rid of

don kirk
alby sandals
stevo
the man boy

rest is ok - more footy talk, more interviews, more game previews

Stevo adds a bit of Mario and sometimes a dumb f**k trying to be smart is greatly amusing.

Give the man boy a chance was reasonably funny.

The other two.......... I shudder with you......... TERRIBLE TV

The Tank

Bench
They should move the Sunday Roast show to prime time, throw in a few segments from Beau Ryan, Ben Te'o/Thaiday/Hindmarsh with a mic at trainings etc. maybe a guest appearance from Benji Marshall.

Bam there is your footy show.

Ooooh, yes... I agree. The Sunday Roast is the only remaining quality league show now that NRL on FOX is farked. Has to have Gould though.

Leethal

Juniors
More segments like Controvery Corner, and less of stupid attempts at comedy and it could end up being a decent show.

I mean an overgrown kid playing in an U10s side - that's f**king pathetic seriously.

Yep. Hopefully MJ can shake off his Footy Show roots and find his own style, sans stupid skits.

And Timmah - Fox has gone downhill too? I punted Fox last year so haven't seen an NRL on Fox episode for a while. Used to be the only decent analysis of RL on TV........

Moffo

Referee
f**king rubbish. That ten yr old skit was the worst sKit ive ever seen, and that's saying something. Who the f**k finds that funny?

El Diablo

Post Whore
It's not woeful.

But I can't see how a show like this can survive in it's timeslot. They could be airing something that gets 1m+ viewers, this will be lucky to get half that. (unless whatever they are doing in the other states goes well.)

no show being aired in only two states would get 1 mill

7's new AFL show in 3 states got way less http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2010/03/week-13-3.html

24 The Bounce Seven 546,000 *** 326,000 *** 107,000 112,000

Latest posts