What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Matty Johns Show: Thursdays @ 7.30pm on 7

Brutus

Referee
and Blocker wants everyone to lesser themselves to the Sharks.

Someone should've told the big clown the Sharks were in a prelim final less than 2 years ago.

You'd think the Sharks had won 10 consectuve wooden spoons the way some people go on.

Big Pete

Referee
And that they've bought the most players out of any other club.

We can't help it that they bought duds like Corey Hughes, Anthony Tupou, Trent Barrett and Adam Cuthburtson.

BDH

Juniors
I wanted the idiot Kent to openly and publicly say "Broncos are cheating the cap".

Then Cullen could destroy him with FACTS....but hey, who wants them.

timka4

Bench
Missed CC this week what was said???

Blocker- Competition should be more even. So GI should have gone to a weaker side. Make the Weak Stronger instead of the Stronger Stronger he said.

Kent - Broncos are cheating the cap, doesn't think Lockyer is truly on 250k a year.

Webcke - Doesn't think that the Broncos are cheating the cap, said he would bet everything he owned that they weren't cheating.

Also I'm pretty sure it was a Gee up, but I thought there was a littler inner hatred towards Stevens from Webcke after the Sisters interview. Still funny though

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Blocker- Competition should be more even. So GI should have gone to a weaker side. Make the Weak Stronger instead of the Stronger Stronger he said.

Kent - Broncos are cheating the cap, doesn't think Lockyer is truly on 250k a year.

Webcke - Doesn't think that the Broncos are cheating the cap, said he would bet everything he owned that they weren't cheating.

Also I'm pretty sure it was a Gee up, but I thought there was a littler inner hatred towards Stevens from Webcke after the Sisters interview. Still funny though
Cheers mate, Locky on 250k???? :crazy:

timka4

Bench
Cheers mate, Locky on 250k???? :crazy:
Well I read part of an article, and apparently the rest of his salary is payed through 3rd party agreements, not sure about the full details though.

EDIT - Like said below, he is also on the veterans list

Last edited:

DeBroncos

Juniors
oooooR Maybe Kent is NOT Lockyers accountant and Just some f**k wit annoying journalist that always comes out with bullsh*t outlandish statements to get his name out there. Only ones who know what money Lockyer is on is Lockyer and the Club and thats the way it should be.

Brutus

Referee
Facts are a bloke like Lockyer would have a plethora of sponsors lining up to throw him some cash in the one-team league-man town of Brisbane.

I'm not surprised at all that he is on 250k in salary cap terms.

Well done to Bruno Cullen for doing the best for his club under the current rules.

Facts are a bloke like Lockyer would have a plethora of sponsors lining up to throw him some cash in the one-team league-man town of Brisbane.

I'm not surprised at all that he is on 250k in salary cap terms.

Well done to Bruno Cullen for doing the best for his club under the current rules.

Agree Cullen is using the current rules to maximum affect. The rules need to be changed to make it even for all clubs. The rules on non sponser payments to players as currently stands benefits one city teams far too much.

gUt

Coach
Agree Cullen is using the current rules to maximum affect. The rules need to be changed to make it even for all clubs. The rules on non sponser payments to players as currently stands benefits one city teams far too much.

:roll: Teams like Newcastle and the Cowboys? Or just the Broncos?

applesauce

Bench
All you whiners wanting to make it even need to wake up to yourselves.

That the Broncos get to play out of the best Stadium in the world. Or the Titans have the best training facilities in the league.
Or that it is unfair a player the size of Preston Campbell has to play against players the size of Petro Civenoceva. Or when a club like the Bulldogs have massive cap room that they shouldn't snatch up other teams players for overs and that players who's contracts haven't expired have a disadvantage to earn that money from them.

FFS where do you draw the line.

Thems the breaks, deal with it, make it the best you've got and grow, aspire and conquer.

Newcastle had Johns and Buderus, Kennedy etc.

Cowboys have Bowen, Thurston, Payne etc.

If these 2 clubs can't set themselves up for at least 10years with the tv coverage, sponsorship, branding and recruitment players like this bring then that is the front offices fault. Not the rules.

There is also and argument that teams like Newy and the Cows have an advantage of a real tight knit community with a real bond to their team the things advertising love to make the most of. If that kind of loyalty doesn't draw sponsors to affiliate themselves with a club and therefore the fans then the people running the front office need the boot.

Let's all make the comp as strong as Cronulla and see where that gets us in the Australian Sporting marketplace.

wittyfan

Referee
The quicker a points system for players is introduced for the cap the better.

The current system is creaking and collapsing tbh.

Latest posts