What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The MMA Thread

aqua_duck

Coach
Rumble just lit Phil Davis up, looks so good at 205, no idea why he kept trying to make 170 for so long.

Jono078

Referee
I think Anthony Johnson vs Cormier for #1 contender after Gustaffson would be a good fight.

KiWi_BoI_15

Juniors
Rumble Johnson looked awesome, he's got that calm stone cold killer feel about him, stuffed all of phil Davis' takedowns and let his weapons go! I was going for Glover today but what can you say bout jones, uses knees, elbows EVERYTHING! So creative in the cage!

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Hats off to Jones he proved me wrong.

Seriously though how dumb does Phil Davis look now? Completely overlooked Rumble and had eyes only for Jon Jones and copped a mother of a hiding from Rumble.

aqua_duck

Coach
Wow Barao got absolutely smoked by TJ Dillashaw, didn't look a fraction of his usual self, the weight cut must have been a massive factor

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Saw the highlights on the post fight show and wow. TJ has looked great since bang Ludwig took over at Alpha Male. Movement and crisp technical striking mixed with his wrestling and he's been on a tear. Did not expect him to run through Barao tho, Barao looked confused and lost.

Lawler looked angry as f**k from what I saw as well.

aqua_duck

Coach
From all reports Barao had a really really tough weight cut but I don't think anyone really knew how tough, he looked horrible out there like deer in the headlights stuff, he definitely didn't resemble the fighter who'd previously cleaned out most of the division. I expected Dillashaw's wrestling to give Barao a few problems but he dominated him everywhere.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Yeah TJ's striking and angles were what I expected Renan to do. First loss in 9 years, gotta really sting that loss.

shiznit

Coach
What the f**k was that?? :shock:

I've seen all of TJ's fights since the ultimate fighter...

He certainly improved since Ludwig took over...

But this... WOW!!

Where the hell did that come from??

That was like watching Anderson Silva at his peak... The footwork, the angles... Just WOW!!!

Weight cut or not... Barao was just destroyed...

Just... :clap: :clap:

Also DC... He's the real deal... he HAS to get the winner of the Bones v Gus II fight.

And Lawler... WHAT A BEAST!!!

The Cobra

Juniors
great to see the so called best striker in UFC completely dominated by TJ.I thought TJ was great after the fight as well whereas Baroa hardly even gave Dillishaw any credit.Typical arrogant Brazillian,they think they own MMA.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Anyone else think Money Mendes will pull out a Dillashaw performance against Aldo in there up coming fight?

The improvement in the Aplha camps striking since Ludwig took over has been massive. We all know Mendes will have the Cardio to go all day and he's lighting quick as well. Aldo is up there in P4P talk so he'll be expected to win and most probably will, just a little food for thought with TJ'S stunning performance over Barao.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
f**k! The one fight I have been looking forward to most over the years has been called off.

Chael vs Wand is off due to some drug testing thing and now it's Belfort vs Chael

ggmu

Juniors
Was such a bad call in the Pearson fight I thought it was pretty clear cut. Couldn't believe my ears when one judge had it 30-27 to Sanchez.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
f**k! The one fight I have been looking forward to most over the years has been called off.

Chael vs Wand is off due to some drug testing thing and now it's Belfort vs Chael

Well that's fallen to shit. Wanderlei not taking the test, Sonnen failing the drug test and now Sonnen announcing his retirement.

Who knows what's happening with Vitor.