What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The MMA Thread

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Watched shogun/Hendo 1 at a pub over Bossley park way mate. Been to wests leagues for a few PPV's myself. Fair amount of punters watching which always helps. Cambelltown RSL's not a bad place to watch it as well.

WYD

Juniors
Hendo doesn't really have much left, Shogun was asking to be knocked out keeping his hands down in close range.

Snoochies

First Grade
Saw a video posted on Facebook yesterday. TFC (Team fighting Championship)

4 on 4. Yes, you can have 2 against 1. Stomps included.

teamsfight.com

MrAnonymous

Bench
Thats gangsta as f**k. European hooligan merkins doing there shit legit, better then scrapping in the streets.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Haha looked messy as f**k. The Poles were massive compared to the swedes in that video. Have to laugh at the 5 flying kicks from the swedes to kick it off. Give it time tho and I reckon you'll see better technical scraps rather than just a sanctioned street brawl. Lol at the car tires holding ropes up as well.

shiznit

Coach
UFC coming to NZ in June...

Disappointed with the main event... Te Huna vs Marquart at middleweight.

But you can't expect them to bring a big name down to a small market like NZ.

Looking forward to it though... The fight itself is great...

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
UFC coming to NZ in June...

Disappointed with the main event... Te Huna vs Marquart at middleweight.

But you can't expect them to bring a big name down to a small market like NZ.

Looking forward to it though... The fight itself is great...

Any news on the rest of the card?

shiznit

Coach
Nothing else yet...

Mark Hunt would have been a lock to fight in it but he's still injured.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Was just about to ask what's doin with hunt, specially since you mentioned he trains outta Auckland a while back Shiz. Any no name Kiwis youngsters going to get a chance on the card?

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Yeah it is a tad underwhelming. Sydney got Cain vs Big Nog for our first big event didn't we?

shiznit

Coach
Was just about to ask what's doin with hunt, specially since you mentioned he trains outta Auckland a while back Shiz. Any no name Kiwis youngsters going to get a chance on the card?
I think all the decent kiwis in the fight game should already be fighting in Australia.

The main event is definitely a let down... It would have been a great co-main... The fight itself is intriguing.

But they need a big name just to top it off... Mark Hunt being injured would have probably hurt the card.

But I'm realistic... We're small fry when it comes to everything... I'm just happy they are coming here

Jack_Napier

Staff member
I think all the decent kiwis in the fight game should already be fighting in Australia.

The main event is definitely a let down... It would have been a great co-main... The fight itself is intriguing.

But they need a big name just to top it off... Mark Hunt being injured would have probably hurt the card.

But I'm realistic... We're small fry when it comes to everything... I'm just happy they are coming here

Yeah thought that might be the case that most of the decent lads would already be here. Would love to see some real unfounded gems down here in Oceania get a crack.

You lot over the ditch will eat up the tickets and make it a sweet event like we do here. Testing the waters for sure, you'll get another event no doubt.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Jake shields released. Not too much of a surprise IMO

Yeah definitly not much of a surprise. Shields is a pretty boring fighter unfortunately. He'll get picked up by someone straight away tho. Still a talented as f**k grappler so he'll still get paid somewhere.

MrAnonymous

Bench
Still annoys me a fighter gets cut because he's boring.

Didn't deserve to get cut imo. Because he lost to Lombard, Ridiculous.