What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The MMA Thread

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Solid bomb from big country. Time must be close to up for Big Nog. The guy is a legend but enough is enough right?

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Yeah, big country battered him. Looked like stopping it a few times before he folded him up finally. Big Nog is a legend but it's Definitly time. Can't see him beating any of the decent big guys these days.

Anyone see Hunt giving Schaub some shit over twitter. Make the fight happen so Hunt can knock Schaub the f**k out like Big Nog did.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Yeah, big country battered him. Looked like stopping it a few times before he folded him up finally. Big Nog is a legend but it's Definitly time. Can't see him beating any of the decent big guys these days.

Anyone see Hunt giving Schaub some shit over twitter. Make the fight happen so Hunt can knock Schaub the f**k out like Big Nog did.

Yeah I saw an article on that. Don't think Hunt should bother with Schaub he is a class above at the moment. Hunt vs Big Country would be an AWESOME fight IMO.

Ram Man

Juniors
Yeah I saw an article on that. Don't think Hunt should bother with Schaub he is a class above at the moment. Hunt vs Big Country would be an AWESOME fight IMO.

I gotta say Im not interested in that fight...Hunt will win by knockout and it wont get him anywhere in the rankings, or Big Country will win by submission and again wont get him anywhere....I know styles make fights but Hunt is a Turtle off his back and Big Country is a Legit BJJ Black Belt...we all know they can both throw big punches so I think Nelson would just shoot and go for the sub

MrAnonymous

Bench
Big Country hasn't used his BJJ once in any of his UFC fights.

If he fought Hunt I reckon he would stand and Bang. He would be a huge chance to knock Hunt out imo.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Yeah jus saw the replay of bisping and Kennedy, was expecting fireworks with all the talking they were doing but those are the ones that almost always turn into snoozefests.

MrAnonymous

Bench
Didn't even know that was on.

Struggling to keep up with the ufc these days to many f**king events. Looking forward to 172 though hoping for the upset pretty decent card as well.

Ram Man

Juniors
Big Country hasn't used his BJJ once in any of his UFC fights.

Obviously didn't see him fight Mirko Cro Cop...used his BJJ to get him to ground and get to side control then mounted crucifix and finish with a TKO via strikes....just because he doesn't submit, doesn't mean he doesn't use it...obviously when he can just knock people out with one punch he doesn't need to use it...he is smart enough to realise that Hunt is probably the biggest puncher he has faced and will do the same thing he did with Cro Cop, taken him down and finish via strikes or submit.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Time Browne vs Fabricio Werdum tomorrow morning at 10am. Looks a pretty good main card on Fuel Tv.

Fabricio Werdum vs. Travis Browne
Miesha Tate vs. Liz Carmouche
Donald Cerrone vs. Edson Barboza
Brad Tavares vs. Yoel Romero

ggmu

Juniors
Werdum looked great in dominating Browne but I think Cain beats him in there title fight.
Tate looked Uninterested in the first half of her fight but turned it on for a dominting 3rd round in a close fight. I think the strong last round gave her the win as it was very close.
Missed the Cowboy fight but heard he looked good.
Romero looked like a beast world class wrestling combined with a good stand up display. But at 37 in not sure he gets into the title picture before age catches up with him.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
I actually think Werdum vs Cain will be a lot closer than people think. BJJ will always be there and striking has improved tenfold, he clearly coasted through Browne and I reckon when he gets in there with Cain he wil know he can't coast because Cain will NOT gas out. Ever.

MrAnonymous

Bench
Good luck to him taking Cain down. I just cant see him being a problem for Cain, He's just too big and powerful . Didn't really give him a chance against Browne either so what the f**k would I know.:lol:

Cant wait for Jones vs Glover, got a strong feeling we are going to see an upset.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Yeah so do I, Jones seems to be more worried about Gustafson then Glover, and Glover could potentially knock him into next week.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
great to see Rumble Johnson make weight.

Really hope he does well in his 2nd coming at the UFC seems alot more mature.

Got Glover and Rumble winning by TKO