What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Morgan Harper appreciation thread

parra pete

Referee
Jordan just needs a bit of luck with injuries, something that has held him back in the past from reaching his full potential. He can fly, and has great eye, hand co-ordination. He is determined to 'make it'. He is a good kid who deserves a few breaks to come his way. He played in a good team at school - Holy Cross Ryde - where he was well coached. Smart kid with his head screwed on the right way.

Avenger

Immortal
Thought The Harp maybe tried too hard but went OK. Bailey will probably get the nod over him but he is defintely less unco than Simonsson.

Eelogical

Referee
Thought The Harp maybe tried too hard but went OK. Bailey will probably get the nod over him but he is defintely less unco than Simonsson.
True, dat. I'll give him some time before I judge him further. I'm not expecting eggs benedict, but I hope we get better than smashed avo on sourdough.

Tmars

Juniors
Both are not nrl centres.
Let Kelma have a crack at centre, big strong and not slow and his defence out there would be on a par with those two.
plus we have enough back rowers and it means we could keep Hands on the bench as a utility.

JokerEel

Coach
Both are not nrl centres.
Let Kelma have a crack at centre, big strong and not slow and his defence out there would be on a par with those two.
plus we have enough back rowers and it means we could keep Hands on the bench as a utility.

He would be eaten up on his lateral movement.

Damn our bench is strong though!

Hands - Yes 2 hooker's ffs
Matto
Greig
Offa

JokerEel

Coach
If that's your bench then who misses out on the team Carty or Kelma?

I am Assuming this is what BA is choosing and Carty and Lane start.

Kelma though plays like he did tonight next week starts in place of Carty and Offa drops off bench.

Gronk

Staff member
I think both Simonsson and Harper were busy, but neither are match winners. Hopefully the better players around them can compensate for their misgivings.

King-Gutho94

Coach
I think both Simonsson and Harper were busy, but neither are match winners. Hopefully the better players around them can compensate for their misgivings.
Don't need to be match-winners just do there jobs. Make there tackles, run there lines, do some dirty work carting the ball up and every now & then pass to the unmarked winger.

I think Simmonson especially tries to do too many things he isn't capable off and be a hero when he should just stick to the basics.

Gronk

Staff member
Don't need to be match-winners just do there jobs. Make there tackles, run there lines, do some dirty work carting the ball up and every now & then pass to the unmarked winger.

I think Simmonson especially tries to do too many things he isn't capable off and be a hero when he should just stick to the basics.
You’re right about Simmonson. He finds errors by pushing passes and hero plays. I am sure they practice these things at training, but it’s pointless becoming the Feleti Mateo of the centers, cos turning the ball over in 2024 will often end up in the other mob scoring points.

Noise

Coach

Yep. He is very athletic but a dumb footballer who doesn't realise he doesn't have that much skill. I also just described Waqa Blake.

bazza

Immortal
yes - enough attacking options at 1,2,6,7 and forwards for the centres to just do the basics well

JokerEel

Coach
Superman seems to try to beat his opponent with pace but it never works. Starts in line then does his step on the outside.

He needs to already on their outside shoulder hitting a hole.

yy_cheng

Coach
I actually prefer Harper after that trial. However, BA didnt shift Harper to the left in the 2nd half so I am guessing Bailey will get the gig.

If he thought that Harper might be in for a running, wouldn't you want to see him at least defend on the lhs? Or am I overcomplicating it?

Kelma was a beast. I liked the comment that we need some aggression like when NRown was our raging Bull.

Our pack is filled with alot of nice guys.

Latest posts