What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Morgan Harper appreciation thread

Gronk

Staff member
What a great debut for the club.
Solid. I wouldn't get a chubby over him. I only give him the nod cos his kid is an eels supporter.

But for a cheapie, he's good value.

Did you see Bronson Xerri play in reggies ? Id rather have Harper.

Avenger

Immortal
Solid. I wouldn't get a chubby over him. I only give him the nod cos his kid is an eels supporter.

But for a cheapie, he's good value.

Did you see Bronson Xerri play in reggies ? Id rather have Harper.
Me too mate. He is too good for that grade but Harper is great value and will do his job for us. He’s already better than Simonsson.

Gronk

Staff member
Only in the 10m attacking zone. Aside from that Simo is the better player.

Sivo’s turning circle is like the titanic
Sivo is a way better winger that Simonssson. He gets criticism for his yards and that's fair. But Bailey needs to be better in every facet to be picked over Sivo and he's just not.

I don't agree that Sivo is only better 10m out. I reckon that is just plain wrong.

Gronk

Staff member
Scored for or against?

I see though you don't disagree with the runs and hitups though 😉
He’s got to be an all round better winger than Sivo to take his spot.

The way I see it, Sivo is on the nose by the fans like Matto was this time last year. Fans have the shits with him because he is not the total package, plus he got (gets) suspended.

Having said that if you break down individual aspects of winger play, Simonsson is not a better winger. They both have faults, but Sivo has less.

Take Simonsson’s runaway try out of his stats, he was no revelation. Did nothing remarkable and let in an easy try down his side because he was on his heels. Not aggressive enough. At least Sivo would have had a go.

Gazzamatta

Coach
He’s got to be an all round better winger than Sivo to take his spot.

The way I see it, Sivo is on the nose by the fans like Matto was this time last year. Fans have the shits with him because he is not the total package, plus he got (gets) suspended.

Having said that if you break down individual aspects of winger play, Simonsson is not a better winger. They both have faults, but Sivo has less.

Take Simonsson’s runaway try out of his stats, he was no revelation. Did nothing remarkable and let in an easy try down his side because he was on his heels. Not aggressive enough. At least Sivo would have had a go.
I guess we'll never know but I wonder if Sivo would have been in position like Superman was to take that inside pass off Harper and race to the line?