What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Morts / Crystal Ball Thread

Gronk

Staff member
OK guys, roll out your crystal balls and give me your predictions. Some options are:-

• Morts will be snapped up and play for another club in 2012,
  • Play out 2012 in Wenty and be back up for NRL only,
  • Come good and play NRL in 2012, if so as a 6 or 9 ?
  • Have his contract renewed for a further term, and lastly
  • Not offered a contract after next year.
What will happen to the Golden Child Morts ? :-k

Eels Dude

Coach
I can see him being a bench utility or a back up half next year but nothing more than that. His contract situation is really up to the coach, but you'd think another club would offer him something even just because of the feelgood story that will come with him.

The Omen

Juniors
I can see him being a bench utility or a back up half next year but nothing more than that.

+1

i think with Sandow coming in the No. 7 is tied up
No. 6 similiar with Roberts or if Kearney keeps the "Hayne Experiment"

Morts only real option is the back up to Keating unless there is a quality No.9 picked up before the 2012 season starts

True EEL

Bench
any of the original options, except maybe option 4, are all very possible

i would like to see the guy come good, he does have talent IMHO, and at least (recently on the Footy Show the other night) doesn't appear to be pouting about his demotion to Wenty which says something about his character

and fullback is not as silly as it sounds actually, i reckon he could play there, but i think he may just be a liability in defence and under the high ball (on the defensive side of the ball)

Suitman

Post Whore
and fullback is not as silly as it sounds actually, i reckon he could play there, but i think he may just be a liability in defence and under the high ball (on the defensive side of the ball)

:lol::lol::lol:

Yeh, otherwise he'd make a great fullback.

Suity

TheParraboy

Staff member
any of the original options, except maybe option 4, are all very possible

i would like to see the guy come good, he does have talent IMHO, and at least (recently on the Footy Show the other night) doesn't appear to be pouting about his demotion to Wenty which says something about his character

shoot-foot.jpg

True EEL

Bench
:lol::lol::lol:

Yeh, otherwise he'd make a great fullback.

Suity

laugh it up dickhead, but read the whole sentence you mental invalid....(on the defensive side of the ball) :roll:

if playing Fullback was all about attack, Hayne would be Dally M Fullback of the year every year and he would be shading Burt into second place (when he filled in for him) - ie. both of them are great in attack but have deficiencies on the defensive side of the ball.......you really are evolutionary throwback you know Suity......you just keep devolving

Last edited:

True EEL

Bench

as i explained....he would be a liability at fullback, much like Hayne is (at times), and like Burt is (at times) and much like Ben Barba is for the Bulldogs and like Marmin Barba will be for us unless he grows 20 cm and puts on 25 kg's

the point was Morts could be an option at fullback - except that he would be weak on the defensive side of the ball/role/position

if it was all and only about attack, you wouldn't ever move Hayne from fullback

hybrideel

Bench
i wouldn't be against him playing a bench utility role. Sure Keating can play 80 at hooker but there is an advantage in having a nippy dummy half going against a tiring pack. And he could also cover the half positions if needed.
Only if his form keeps improving at Wenty though

Suitman

Post Whore
laugh it up dickhead, but read the whole sentence you mental invalid....(on the defensive side of the ball) :roll:

if playing Fullback was all about attack, Hayne would be Dally M Fullback of the year every year and he would be shading Burt into second place (when he filled in for him) - ie. both of them are great in attack but have deficiencies on the defensive side of the ball.......you really are evolutionary throwback you know Suity......you just keep devolving

I wasn't the only one who said you shot yourself in the foot.
If only you didn't give us so much material to work with everyday.
Anyway, carry on.

Cheers.

Suity

hineyrulz

Post Whore
:lol: @ Morts at Fullback, or how about we chase Anasta and put him there i mean it worked out great :crazy: Anything to keep Hayne out of fullback and him confine him to 6.........

Latest posts