What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Most Arrogant/confident Supporters of the Pre Season

Misty Bee

First Grade
Sharks fans by a metric mile!

After their shock trial win over a Parra side that still didn't know each other's first names, they carried on as though they had the Giltinan Shield nailed to the wall!!!

RainMan

Juniors
Eddie. said:
I think Manly fans take this hands down

Some times i get confused if this is indeed the Manly forum or the NRL general forum

Anyway Manly fans on the whole are extremely confident of a finals berth this season, is this mis guided confidence??, i mean even i think they will improve but some of their fans are stomping around like prize fools and indicating Jason King is the best prop in the game and John Hopoate is going to challange Maurice Green in a sprint, that Witt is the saviour and that old men Kennedy is the messiah.

Like i said Manly will improve, but some of these fans are setting themselves up for a backlash...

Im Phil Gould and thats my opinion.

You start a thread saying Graham Lowe is a fool. Other people (some Manly supporters) put their views into the thread and because you don't like what they say or disagree with their point of view.

You then start another thread about arrogant supporters and surprise surprise! Manly is your pick.

So what if people have a bit of confidence in the pre-season. I'm sure you would be talking the Tigers up to if they had any real talent.

The Colonel

Immortal
Eevery club and every supporter should come out at the start of a new season aiming to be number one...... whats the point otherwise?

The Colonel

Immortal
Mayor_Quimby said:
The Colonel said:
Eevery club and every supporter should come out at the start of a new season aiming to be number one...... whats the point otherwise?

agree 110%

And, I should add, those supporters should do everything they can to rain on the parade of every other opposition supporter they can. Its only natural..... :D

choc_soldier

Coach
Hurriflatch said:
cause anyone with a brain knows that Parra are gunna win each game by at least 70 points and Tahu, Petersen, Grothe and Burt will all score 100+ tries.

And Tahu will let in 100+ tries too down his side of the field... :lol: :p ;-)

gunnamatta bay

Referee
Misty Bee said:
Sharks fans by a metric mile!

After their shock trial win over a Parra side that still didn't know each other's first names, they carried on as though they had the Giltinan Shield nailed to the wall!!!

Not to mention our effort against the cowboys. We are specials this season. Get your money on now!

I have to say I dont think any set if fans is going into 2005 screaming from the hilltops about their teams chances.

I think all fans know how tough this season is going to be. Even Roosters and Dragons fans have been pretty quiet.

Eddie.

Bench
Sir Clifford GC said:
Eddie shows some real hatred and bitterness towards the eags i think he was knocked back or rejected by a female manly support

Mate i have no bitterness towards the great Manly club

I predicted in a thread i started not so long ago that they would be the team to watch this season, however, i think fans are getting ahead of themselves

Cliffy i remember last season when i predicted Manly would be mediorce you said Dessie had them training really hard and they will surprise and bla bla bla

This is just a harmless thread to try and get people going, and establish which supporter base is marching around the most (i beleive it is Manly after reading useless information on Hopoate improving his sprint times, King rejecting all kind of other offers and so on..)

Raiders Plight

Juniors
AzzA84 said:
Raider_69 said:
Dare i say tigers fans :p :lol:

Na imo its gotta be the bulldogs, they win one premiership and go on acting like they are the best team in the comp... pfft 30 - 4 by canberra sure showed them whos king of the world :|

Your kidding arent you, the dogs had no 1st grade players at all and you had basically you full squad minus Schif and Smithy and your going on acting like you beat the benchmark and current best team at full strength. :roll: :roll: :roll:

I went with my mate who is a Raider supporter and he said if the Raiders didnt win they were in for a long season i agreed and said the team you had should put 30 on this PL and Flegg Bulldogs team and you put 28, but at halftime it was only 4-0 to you guys so i wouldnt be getting all cocky that you beat us (our PL and Flegg boys).

I think some of you raiders fans have no idea sometimes, some of you guys after the game where going on like you won the premiership...:roll: :roll: :roll:

LOL, I think raider_69 was just trying to get a bite. You wont find many raiders fans who took the result of that game seriously.

Raider Azz

Bench
Shhhh Raiders_Plight... you're ruining it! :lol:

Every club and every supporter should come out at the start of a new season aiming to be number one...... whats the point otherwise?
Best post here.

Raider_69

Post Whore
AzzA84 said:
Raider_69 said:
Dare i say tigers fans :p :lol:

Na imo its gotta be the bulldogs, they win one premiership and go on acting like they are the best team in the comp... pfft 30 - 4 by canberra sure showed them whos king of the world :|

Your kidding arent you, the dogs had no 1st grade players at all and you had basically you full squad minus Schif and Smithy and your going on acting like you beat the benchmark and current best team at full strength. :roll: :roll: :roll:

I went with my mate who is a Raider supporter and he said if the Raiders didnt win they were in for a long season i agreed and said the team you had should put 30 on this PL and Flegg Bulldogs team and you put 28, but at halftime it was only 4-0 to you guys so i wouldnt be getting all cocky that you beat us (our PL and Flegg boys).

I think some of you raiders fans have no idea sometimes, some of you guys after the game where going on like you won the premiership...:roll: :roll: :roll:

hook, line and sinker!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

JJ

Immortal
Glen said:
If you're not there to win the comp you shouldn't be there at all

Are you saying Cronulla should be omitted from the comp? :shock: :shock: :lol: