What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Most Arrogant/confident Supporters of the Pre Season

CliffyIsGod

First Grade
Because you persisted with changing halfbacks every week, instead of letting someone gel and start playing some footy.

The Colonel

Immortal
CliffyIsGod said:
Because you persisted with changing halfbacks every week, instead of letting someone gel and start playing some footy.

If only Witt had gelled and played footy.... :roll: We'll agree to disagree CIG, point of the matter is he took the easy option and we'll see how well it works out. Hope Travis Burns is hungry....

bulldog

Bench
b) To sign a new deal at the Sea Eagles where he will be guaranteed a spot no matter how badly he plays as the options after himself and Monaghan are slim outside of a glimmer of hope in Travis Burns and Jye Mullane. This will be called the easy option.

No-one is guaranteed a spot unless you are a player the calibre of Johns or Lockyer, bagging the guy for chasing his dream of playing first grade regularly is pretty short-sighted. I haven't heard him disparage the Eels in any way and applaud the Eels for not standing in the way of his shot at the big time.

The Colonel

Immortal
bulldog said:
b) To sign a new deal at the Sea Eagles where he will be guaranteed a spot no matter how badly he plays as the options after himself and Monaghan are slim outside of a glimmer of hope in Travis Burns and Jye Mullane. This will be called the easy option.

No-one is guaranteed a spot unless you are a player the calibre of Johns or Lockyer, bagging the guy for chasing his dream of playing first grade regularly is pretty short-sighted. I haven't heard him disparage the Eels in any way and applaud the Eels for not standing in the way of his shot at the big time.

Guaranteed. Probably a better way of putting it would be the competition for a first grade spot was not as strong as it would have been at Parramatta. Either way he took the soft option. Thats my opinion and that of quite a few others - as is usual with opinions you don't have to agree.

choc_soldier

Coach
Surely, Panthers fans, with two crushing wins in the trials... :lol:

I am fully aware that it doesn't mean success when the premiership starts in just over a week, but it's definitely good form to have entering the season.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
The Colonel said:
Witt was given two options

a) To stay for three years and compete against Smith and Marsh for the halfback spot. He would have to work to gain a spot and would not be guranteed anything. This option we will call the hard option.

He was not punted by the club, nor did they stand in his way - but it says a lot about a guys hunger when he can just take the easy option.

Or:

c) Move elsewhere, because Brian Smith is simply an idiot.

;-)

eelsta

Bench
CliffyIsGod said:
Or he could be put in Premier League in 2004, not given the opportunity to prove himself for the whole year, instead of getting Corey Pearson to be first receiver.

I would of left too, he had a hell of a lot on his shoulders last year, and wan't even given a full year to do so.
what the hell did he have on his shoulders .............please
lets not get carried away now ... i hope he goes well at manly but lets get real here... :roll:

Can't help feeling that Eels supporters have an automatic dislike of anyone that moves from the Eels elsewhere to further their career. I'm sure their opinions of him at the end of 2003 would have been interesting.

I saw enough in Witt to believe that given a coach who was prepared to stick by him, he'd be a very good half.

B. Smith wasn't that coach and did nothing of the sort. He brought him in 1/2 way though 2003 and 2004. Maybe the kid didn't train, I dunno, I doubt that anyone here knows. But if I was the Parramatta coach, he'd still be there.

And I'm not necessarily of the opinion that Smith is the reason the Eels have struggled for the past couple of seasons, or every year bar one or two since 1986.

eelsta

Bench
the only player i dislike that has gone is lyon for obvious reasons, the rest i have no problem with at all, as for witt i never rated him except against weak opposition and for his goal kicking and i believe i've seen more of him than you. as for smith if the cat has kittens i'm sure it was his fault just ask raaay..............

rednut

Juniors
CliffyIsGod said:
And Witt is a better player than Morris or Wagon at 5/8th.

Just wait and see.

and Blake Green and Marcus Perenara are both better options at 5/8th then Witt

Iafeta

Referee
Everlovin' Antichrist said:
Can't help feeling that Eels supporters have an automatic dislike of anyone that moves from the Eels elsewhere to further their career. I'm sure their opinions of him at the end of 2003 would have been interesting.

I saw enough in Witt to believe that given a coach who was prepared to stick by him, he'd be a very good half.

B. Smith wasn't that coach and did nothing of the sort. He brought him in 1/2 way though 2003 and 2004. Maybe the kid didn't train, I dunno, I doubt that anyone here knows. But if I was the Parramatta coach, he'd still be there.

And I'm not necessarily of the opinion that Smith is the reason the Eels have struggled for the past couple of seasons, or every year bar one or two since 1986.

Yes, some of their fans do get a bit rough on those that have left.

I love how they bag out th likes of Scott Donald at Manly. Parramatta would beg for his past couple of years worth of tries.

Smithy has a short tolerance span in terms of some players, or else a sheer disregard for retaining talented players to bring in nuff nuffs like Andrew McFadden.

QldRabbit

Juniors
This thread should have been titled "I'll say something stupid, to encourage other stupid comments" or " B#tch funky V's Nob scratches United"

Manly Lad

Juniors
You Parra supporters are half-wits!!!

You are talking Tim Smith up as if he is the next Lockyer or Johns. Give me a break. If he struggles through the first half of the season you'll be saying that he's not up to standard. Brian Smith will drop him to reggies and you'll be back where you started...>WITHOUT A DECENT HALF BACK!!! At least you would be used to it you haven't had a decent halfback since Peter Sterling in 1986!!!!

The Colonel

Immortal
Manly Lad said:

You are talking Tim Smith up as if he is the next Lockyer or Johns. Give me a break. If he struggles through the first half of the season you'll be saying that he's not up to standard. Brian Smith will drop him to reggies and you'll be back where you started...>WITHOUT A DECENT HALF BACK!!! At least you would be used to it you haven't had a decent halfback since Peter Sterling in 1986!!!!

And Peter Peters has thanked Parramatta for Witt on the back of a trial match against the Tigers. Oh well..... the season beckons and we'll see what happens won't we.

eelsta

Bench
Manly Lad said:

really jt didnt to bad after he got the hell out of manly ;-)