What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Most Arrogant/confident Supporters of the Pre Season

C.P

Juniors
Bit of a difference between confident supporters and arrogant supporters in the pre season. Plenty of suporters have confidence in their prospects for this coming season however trial results based on the efforts of P.L players are'nt exactly a basis for confidence. Nth Qld supporters seem to be the most confident of all though IMO. A few late season '04 wins and trial form has their supporters talking up their prospects. Dogs supporters as well are pretty confident heading into the season based on last seasons success and minimal losses to their squad.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Dragons are one of the most down-to-earth supporters

We know our side will probrably under-achieve once again with one of the best 'on paper' teams.

But we are always faithful. We know how good we can be, good enough to win the comp. Heres the hope eh

tiger_nick

Bench
Immortal said:

We know our side will probrably under-achieve once again with one of the best 'on paper' teams.

But we are always faithful. We know how good we can be, good enough to win the comp. Heres the hope eh

Ever heard of Jubille Avenue? :roll:

This season I'd say Manly, I think they are a definete top 8 chance but the way their supporters are going on its as if they are top 4 certs.

Jason King? For once I believe the Roosters. I'm surprised his manager didnt throw in union aswell!

In previous years I think the Wests Tigers have been but I don't think this year we are. I'm predicting tenth for us.

Sterling said:
Obviously didnt watch any PL games where witt was playing were you? .. tim smith outplayed him every time ..... witt just couldnt cut it in FG ..... excess baggage at the eels ---- > manly ....

A) Who is Tim Smith?

B) Most of the Eels "excess baggage" over the past few seasons have ended up being stars under other coaches.

C) You, like Uncle Brian, will probably just have to find out about Witt the hard way. ;-)

Grantwhy

Juniors
The most arrogant and most confident :?:

:-k

:idea:

;-)

R _ _ S T _ R
C _ G B _ R N

Can I buy a vowel?

This place wouldn't be what it is without you RC :nwave:

aenima1

Juniors
come on immortal??? all i ever hear is about how great the dragons are and how they're gonna win the comp or whatever. i mean its good to be confident in your team but seriously theres way too much talk about the dragons with nothing to back it up. they're still yet to produce what they're "capable of".....

Kiwipanther

Juniors
I think Cogburn learnt his lesson when the far superior club in Penrith smashed his Sydney City Choaks for the 282820373 time.

huntress_555

Juniors
who cares if someone is arrogant/confident, of course fans are going to say its their teams year. Thats what supporters do, they are passionate about their team and want them to be the best, thats why they are called supporters!!!
With that said "Go Broncos" :D

God-King Dean

Immortal
come on immortal??? all i ever hear is about how great the dragons are and how they're gonna win the comp or whatever. i mean its good to be confident in your team but seriously theres way too much talk about the dragons with nothing to back it up. they're still yet to produce what they're "capable of".....

We are discussing fans, not the medias bullsh*t

Utey

Coach
Everlovin' Antichrist said:
Sterling said:
Obviously didnt watch any PL games where witt was playing were you? .. tim smith outplayed him every time ..... witt just couldnt cut it in FG ..... excess baggage at the eels ---- > manly ....

A) Who is Tim Smith?

B) Most of the Eels "excess baggage" over the past few seasons have ended up being stars under other coaches.

C) You, like Uncle Brian, will probably just have to find out about Witt the hard way. ;-)

A) You will see round 1 ;-)

B) Tonga, Ryan was already good, etc etc. We lose a lot of players but so does every club.

C) Witt couldnt make FG so he simply went to Manly. Smith is 3X the player Witt could ever be.

aenima1

Juniors
apart from hindmarsh, witt was the only thing parra had going for them until he left. they'll still struggle this year.

rednut

Juniors
what a croc, witt offers nothing but a good bomb in attack, thats if you can find him cos he usually goes missing

redVgirl

Juniors
Immortal said:

i so agree with ya mate! thats exactly how i feel. my only hope for the season is that they dont choke at the end....come on, u gotta follow through boys! COME ONNN... :lol:

The Colonel

Immortal
Witt was given two options

a) To stay for three years and compete against Smith and Marsh for the halfback spot. He would have to work to gain a spot and would not be guranteed anything. This option we will call the hard option.

b) To sign a new deal at the Sea Eagles where he will be guaranteed a spot no matter how badly he plays as the options after himself and Monaghan are slim outside of a glimmer of hope in Travis Burns and Jye Mullane. This will be called the easy option.

He was not punted by the club, nor did they stand in his way - but it says a lot about a guys hunger when he can just take the easy option.

CliffyIsGod

First Grade
Or he could be put in Premier League in 2004, not given the opportunity to prove himself for the whole year, instead of getting Corey Pearson to be first receiver.

I would of left too, he had a hell of a lot on his shoulders last year, and wan't even given a full year to do so.