What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The most disgraceful refereeing I've ever seen

greeneyed

First Grade
The Broncos have a hollow victory.

It was the most disgraceful refereeing I have ever seen in a Grand Final. Directly led to two penalty goals and then the momentum of the latter led to a try.

Disgraceful.

Hollow and disgusting.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
greeneyed said:
The Broncos have a hollow victory.

It was the most disgraceful refereeing I have ever seen in a Grand Final. Directly led to two penalty goals and then the momentum of the latter led to a try.

Disgraceful.

Hollow and disgusting.
agreed, somthing has to be done about the standard of refereeing it was an absolute disgrace.

BWNB

First Grade
You could say the refs really decided this game. Melbourne were never given a chance to win it!! ARGGGGG

Misty Bee

First Grade
FFS.....

He was the difference between 2 excellent sides. Not a struck match between 'em - The Broncos forward power v the Storm's flair.

Paul Simpkins robbed Matt King of the Clive Churchill Medal.

The worst refereing performance in a GF since 1996.

Why couldn't the players decide the contest???

Ridders

Coach
i pity for the broncos...i can only imagine what the headlines r gonna be like tommorow...as you said greeneyed, the broncos have the win but its a hollow one

Razor

Coach
Disgusting refereeing.

Neither of those 2 penalty goals were penalties. Both times also stopped Melbourne being on the attack in a good position.

Melbourne also scored that try that was disallowed by the video referee.

Caged Panther

First Grade
Ultimately I think the better team on the night one. Having said that melbourne would have been alot more competitive if a few crucial calls had gone there way.

brenno

Juniors
congrats to the broncos but simpkins was awful tonight. Some disgraceful decisions. Still dont know how matt kings try was disallowed. Berrigan also with a clear shepard that led to broncos penalty. Not saying broncos didnt deserve it cause they defended superbly but if your a storm fan you should feel somewhat pissed off.

axl rose

Bench
Nothing new. Only a matter of time before it happened in a GF. Well done to Brisbane for thier Bash n Barg win zzzzz. Fitting way to end one of the worst competitions in the games history. I guess the NRL might quicken up the play the balls again next year, it will be interesting to see where Brisbane finish next year.

gregstar

Referee
i thought the better team won, but yes, they were assisted by some crucial ref errors.

moreso the video ref.

God-King Dean

Immortal
The decisions went Bronx way that's for sure. Hollow ? I doubt they'll think so.

Broncos were definitly the better team, & there's no excuses for Melbourne for letting Broncos go the length of the field in 1 set to score a try.

MEATWAD

Juniors
Ridders said:
i pity for the broncos...i can only imagine what the headlines r gonna be like tommorow...as you said greeneyed, the broncos have the win but its a hollow one

The headlines, from News Limited newspapers which area most of the newspapers (100% in Brisbane), will barely mention the refereeing. Best not to distract from the money being made.

Winston Smith

Juniors
Storm didn't do themselves many favours but they were absolutely robbed. Who did Simpkins and the video ref think they were? #18 and #19 for the Broncos judging by the great effort they put into getting Brisbane home.

The score should have been Storm 14 (8 + 6 for King's try that was disallowed for god knows what reason) Broncos 11 (15 - 4 for the 2 penalties that weren't).

f**king disgraceful!!!!!

paul simpkins is a rubbish referee, bill harrigan is equally rubbish upstairs, a potentialy explosive grand final has gone to sh*t, the fact paul simpkins refereed tonight shows how little talent we have in the whistle blowing department, disgusting, it should be announced after the clive churchill medal winner that simpkins has been arseholed

Misty Bee

First Grade
Brisbane were not the better team. King scores, Smith/Geyer converts- 14 all. Berrigan penalty results in Storm field position. Hudges knockdown ruled fair, more field position. Brisbane were gone in the last 10. Slater & King were waiting.

Not a struck match between them. Sadly a referee was.

Latest posts