What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The most disgraceful refereeing I've ever seen

MC DUI

Juniors
f**king terrible reffing!!!!

Storm got screwed hard!! Broncos were flopping in every second tackle, get a tape of that game people and have a look at the tacklers flying in after the tackle was complete.

I'm a knights supporter and I really wasn't fussed who won but Storm got screwed HARD. :(

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
The leg pull penalty did it for me. The Broncos had one on Slater I think ealier after a break and got away with it.

It's not Brisbane's fault, but something does need to be done about the performance of referees next season.

The speed of the play the ball was disgraceful tonight.

wittyfan

Referee
Simpkins' effort tonight is nothing compared to what Hartley dished out in the late 1970's.

We've made such progress since then.

Big Pete

Referee
God you guys are horrible. I concede that there were a few bad calls. Storm got a way with a lot too though and I agree the ref was shocking.

I didn't think King scored TBH, Hoffman knocked it out of Hodges arm into Hodges thus making it a knock on.

Storm can count themselves unlucky, but Broncos were the better side.

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
Big Pete said:
God you guys are horrible. I concede that there were a few bad calls. Storm got a way with a lot too though and I agree the ref was shocking.

I didn't think King scored TBH, Hoffman knocked it out of Hodges arm into Hodges thus making it a knock on.

Storm can count themselves unlucky, but Broncos were the better side.

No offence mate. But take the goggles off.

God-King Dean

Immortal
I wouldn't worry Big Pete. People will bag the sh*t out this GF cuz of their bitterness of who was in it.

pepe

Juniors
we were crucified by the referee particuarly the blatant shepherd,i can't understand why the touchies never see anything,they are as useless today as they were 35 years ago.
congratulations to the broncos as they were desperate in defence and scrambled well.
pepe

Ari Gold

Bench
gregstar said:
crap.

premiers rise above all challenges no matter what they are.

the storm didn't.

100% agreed...

QLD overcame the worst refeering i've ever seen this year...

MEATWAD

Juniors
The Storm didnt show they were proper premiership material by the fact they lost their composure at key moments and should have been two tries up at halftime if they kept their heads screwed on.

Nonetheless, with them regathering momentum, King's try would have given them a sniff ... Hoffman clearly didn't knock the ball on. Disgraceful.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Sea_Eagles_Rock said:
The leg pull penalty did it for me. The Broncos had one on Slater I think ealier after a break and got away with it.

It's not Brisbane's fault, but something does need to be done about the performance of referees next season.

The speed of the play the ball was disgraceful tonight.
it was like watching the WWE,not rugby league that's for sure.after that bring on the cricket season i say.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
wittyfan said:
Simpkins' effort tonight is nothing compared to what Hartley dished out in the late 1970's.

We've made such progress since then.

and Keith Page in the early to mid-70's.. Those 2 guys knew what they were doing though.. Simpkins is probably just hopeless.. There was leg pull on Inglis in the second half that seemed to go on for 15 seconds and still there was no penalty forth coming.

axl rose

Bench
MC DUI said:
f**king terrible reffing!!!!

Storm got screwed hard!! Broncos were flopping in every second tackle, get a tape of that game people and have a look at the tacklers flying in after the tackle was complete.
:(

I partly blame Craig Bellamy for that. He was asked during the week what her wanted the ref to look for. He refused to say anything. Everyone knows Brisbane are good at the flop tackle. To much love thier for Bennett from the former puppet.

Oh yeah and to Bellamy thx for turning down the Tigers head coaching role, we have a comp and you never will!(maybe!)

jimmythehand

Juniors
gregstar said:
crap.

premiers rise above all challenges no matter what they are.

the storm didn't.

what bullsh*t. if there's nothing between teams like there was tonight then it is the referee that determines the fate of the game.

Ghoulies

Bench
Immortal said:
The decisions went Bronx way that's for sure. Hollow ? I doubt they'll think so.
Spot on mate. This wasn't the first grand final to be won on controversial terms (you can bet that Dogs fans of '95 and Raiders fans of '89 didn't feel hollow) and it won't be the last.

Commiserations to Storm supporters, you'd obviously be dirty right now, but there was so little between the teams so there's plenty to be proud of for yas.

WOOOH! PREMIERS of 2006! :D

Latest posts