What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The most disgraceful refereeing I've ever seen

super_coach

First Grade
To use a gouldism,the bronks were simply brillant--BUT GEE DID THEY GET THE CALLS.
Simkins was average at best,what chance the storm had was taken out of their hands by probably the worse GF ref performance since Darcy lawler.But in saying that the Bronks were great,played a simple game plan and won.
2006 will be remembed when the skill based team were brought back to the field by aveage refs and a very average Head office.Teams like the cowboys tigers and the storms were handicap all year

Anyway hats off to the Bronks,they did what they do well,but if I was a STORM PERSON I WOULD BED SO DIRTY

jimmythehand

Juniors
gregstar said:
oh!

okay everybody!!!! cancel the result!

the game shall be replayed next weekend!

brisbane were the better team. if melbourne were the better team tonight - they would be premiers. simple. i don't dissagree the the ref was appalling, but every game has crap decisions. you've got to rise above it. they dropped plenty of ball & made crucial errors.

no idiot that's not the solution. I posted the solution to the problem half way through this year.

Within 5 years teams will be allowed to challenge referees decisions via the video ref. I'd put everything I own on it.

xwizit

Juniors
worst. refereeing. ever. being a roosters fan, if it was my team in the situation that brisbane won tonight i wouldnt give a f**k cos my team would still be premiers. but talk about ridiculous. if you think otherwise, sorry, you are just wrong.

Balmain_Boy

His name is Shaun.

Did anyone else feel the penalty for Hodges' high tackle on Slater was harsh? I thought it was an ordinary decision and it lead directly to a Storm try.

Big Pete

Referee
Misty Bee said:
Apart from the old 'you layedon the player' arguments, here's the rundown.

1) bronco player loses the ball ingoal, into the arms of Slater. He's about to send Inglis away - pulled up for a strip.

2) Berrigan's Shepherd

3) A few seconds later - Slater's head high.

4) Kings no try after it bounced of Hodges onto Hoffman's head, then back to King for a try.

5) Hodges touches the ball which goes straight into touch when Storm are attacking. Scrum feed to Brisbane

6) And finally, the blatant grapple on Inglis that bends him backward AFTER he is tackled........

1) Bad call, although Slater did take it out of the arms with Berro's loose carry. Slater passed after the ref had blown the whistle. Bad call against the Storm though in terms of how bad a rule it is.

2) Bad call

3) Broncos were on a roll after that, who's to say they wouldn't of scored a try?

4) I already explained this, It was a fair call

5) Slater through it forward, but Hodges did touch it, bad call but it was justice.

6) Lets look at all the Storm tackles, bet we'll fine a lot of sh*t like that.

Storm got away with a lot in the rucks and had the benefit.

In the end, QLD won with a sh*t load of bad calls against them but still won. If it was meant to be they would've won simple.

Broncos well earnt, 2006 the champions!

jimmythehand

Juniors
Balmain_Boy said:
His name is Shaun.

Did anyone else feel the penalty for Hodges' high tackle on Slater was harsh? I thought it was an ordinary decision and it lead directly to a Storm try.

in a word - no. Brisbane received two penalties for high tackles that were nowhere near as bad.

MC DUI

Juniors
gregstar said:
come off it!

melbourne overcame a terrible penalty count from dubious reffing to roll the dragons.

they couldn't rise to this challenge & subsequently lost.

premiers - broncos

runners up - storm

indulging in what ifs is fantasy.

We ain't talking about that game man, if you have to resort to that to make your point then I gather that you conced that I had something in my post.

I really have no need to fantasize about the Storm, I had no emotional attachement to the game, how about you champ.

drake

First Grade
Geez Melbourne got some dud calls. Whoopee doo. Saints got dud calls in all 3 of their finals matches. The one match they didn't rise above it, they lost.

Can't have the rub of the green in every match, but the GF is a bad time to find it out.

God-King Dean

Immortal
I'll ask again...

If the referee decided the game then how did Bronocs score a try from a kick-off using 1 set ?

Worst refereeing decision in a GF. go back to 89 for that cheating up his own arse merkin harrigan's penalty against mcguire. That cost legends like Pearce, Roach, Sirro, Elias and Jack. Tonight's cost a cheating cynical side like melb and a prick like slater

Dragon

Coach
Balmain_Boy said:
His name is Shaun.

]

Yep, and im pretty sure King was offside from the kick on a previous play(cant remember who kicked it from behind dummy half)

Balmain_Boy

I'd love to see a clip of the storm 'try' as some people are claiming. I was fair dinkum certain it had come off the forearm and am stilll stunned by protestations otherwise.

gregstar

Referee
MC DUI said:
We ain't talking about that game man, if you have to resort to that to make your point then I gather that you conced that I had something in my post.

I really have no need to fantasize about the Storm, I had no emotional attachement to the game, how about you champ.
if anything i would have every right to whinge about poor refereeing costing us grand finals. but it doesn't add up.

i support neither side - in fact i've every reason to hate both of them, but i passed up on that crap years ago.

ask craig bellamy if he feels his side deserved to win. ask him if he feels his side played the gameplan he prepared for them.

then ask wayne bennett if he felt his side played his gameplan.

the better side won.

Misty Bee

First Grade
Pete, I guess the worst thing referees performances like that do is rob the victors of the chance towin it on their own merits.

Brisbane did enough to win given the circumstances - which is all they can do.

For the post mortem: 1995 was won on a 7th tackle try - 1 crap decision.

1996 was won on a referee not knowing when a tackled player was held. (Manly benefited, thus cancelling out their grievences from the previous year)

1999 was won by a video ref awarding a bodgey penalty try.

There were about 5-6 bad calls tonight. And for that we will have to suffer Charlie Saab in premier mode for 12 months!!!!

jimmythehand

Juniors
Balmain_Boy said:
I'd love to see a clip of the storm 'try' as some people are claiming. I was fair dinkum certain it had come off the forearm and am stilll stunned by protestations otherwise.

I thought it did too, but I could not believe that the video ref only had one look at it. There's no way he should have made up his mind on one look.

RORT!

i mean how much more do does a guy have to do to win the Clive Churchill Medal?

clearly he made a bigger impact on the game than any of the players

gregstar

Referee
Balmain_Boy said:
agree.

i thought hoffman knocked it into hodges.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Balmain_Boy said:

I know. People should stop bitching about referees saying that they can do a better job. If they couldn't see he touched it... they are f*cked.

Latest posts