What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The most disgraceful refereeing I've ever seen

Red Bear

Referee
I thought it was no try for matt king, however it may have been double knock on Melbourne feed.

Bottom line is Brisbane played better and, too a certain extent, what goes around comes around. Last week there was a strip on Baily and a knock on by a melbourne player where melbourne got the ball and scored. It went against you this week Melbourne so deal with it.

Just got home, CONGRATS Brisbane, thoroughly well done. Well Done Shane Webcke on a great career!!

To Melbourne, I honestly feel for you. That GF reminds me of 1995 something savage, all the 50/50 calls went against you. Keep your heads up high cause you should be proud of the boys. Unfortunately it just wasn't to be.

Gymea Growler

Juniors
GoTheBears said:
I thought it was no try for matt king, however it may have been double knock on Melbourne feed.

Bottom line is Brisbane played better and, too a certain extent, what goes around comes around. Last week there was a strip on Baily and a knock on by a melbourne player where melbourne got the ball and scored. It went against you this week Melbourne so deal with it.

It could only be a double knock on if it hit the ground after it hit the melbourne player.

It didn't! It bounced off his head and went backwards ffs!

strewth_mate

Bench
If anyone says they hate the Broncos for winning tonight, after saying the refs cost Melbourne the game, they need to calm down a bit. Both teams played as best they could given the circumstances and realistically, any team will try and capitalise on opportunities given to them, in this instance through dubious refereeing. Not the Broncos' fault decisions went their way.

In any case, it was a good game, much better to watch than the rubbish last year.

Congrats Broncos, chin up Melbourne.

nqboy

First Grade
Bazal said:
...Slater was ruled out in that Stagg tackle after about three hours on the deck,
Just one for all your refs out there. Slater's foot comes to rest on Stagg's thigh which is in touch. Is Slater ruled in touch as well. Speculative or biased guesses not welcome, only those who actually know the rules need reply.

nqboy said:
Just one for all your refs out there. Slater's foot comes to rest on Stagg's thigh which is in touch. Is Slater ruled in touch as well. Speculative or biased guesses not welcome, only those who actually know the rules need reply.

NO Slater is not in touch. A part of his body must be physically touching the ground (or corner post) outside the feild of play to be considered out.

Bazal

Post Whore
waltzing Meninga said:
NO Slater is not in touch. A part of his body must be physically touching the ground (or corner post) outside the feild of play to be considered out.

100% correct. Slater should have got a penalty in this instance, as Stagg continued on with the tackle to put his foot on the touchline after he was effectively held. But the better side still won, so what can you do?

juanfarkall

Coach
nqboy said:

On the basis of your description, Slater is not in touch.

However, the only person who really knows whether or not Slater's foot actually touched the sideline or touched the ground over the touchline is the man who made the call.

He was in the best position and he made the call.

My TV did not show his foot in touch, but it was not the clearest view and at the end of the day does not matter.

And BTW I am a qualified referee.

Bella

Juniors
There is no guarantee that Melbourne would have won even if every call had gone their way.
You can't say Brisbane don't deserve the title just because Melbourne "might" have scored more tries if certain calls had gone their way.
Cameron Smith even said it at the end, Melbourne lost track of their game plan, that is why they lost.
Yes, some of the ref's calls were controversial, and Melbourne can feel hard done by, but that shouldn't take anything away from the Broncos. They outplayed the Storm, and they won. It's as simple as that.

Gymea Growler

Juniors
nqboy said:

Fug off, I'll speculate if I want :p

Tackle was over, Stagg then moves his(Slaters) leg and puts it on the line. If the ref called held...penalty to Melbourne! If he didn't, then why didn't he?

Did the Ref call held? The look on Slaters face would suggest so!

EDIT: as seen a few weeks ago, you can be totally out but not touching the ground and score a try, so the same would apply here, if your foot isn't on the line, then your not out.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Gymea Growler said:
Thats the one I was talking about, where he lost control of it and handed it to Slater and he was goooone and with support. it was infact the first penalty of the second half...the first penalty of the game was also dubious....... They got diddled mate! You must of had your money on the donkies... ;-)

:lol: I'm gonna assume your drunk tonight.

What your talking happened in the first half buddy, I clearly said what I'm talking about happened in the 2nd.

Drive safely !

SMOKEY

Juniors
waltzing Meninga said:

Corrrecct!!;-) ...The Storm should have got a Penalty from that-Play ;as the player was Tackled!!
......but was taken into "Touch-AFTER the Tackle was Complete!!:x

nqboy

First Grade
So now we're going to rule according to the look on players' faces? You'll go far. And the sooner, the better.

Gymea Growler

Juniors
Immortal said:
:lol: I'm gonna assume your drunk tonight.

What your talking happened in the first half buddy, I clearly said what I'm talking about happened in the 2nd.

Drive safely !

Keep reading, you'll find where I said that... remedial 3 hey?

Storm have had the refs on their side all year and now when a call goes against them everybody is having a sook!
Get over it!
What about 1st week of the finals? Morrison! The storm should have, could have lost that game and may not have even been in the GF and how come they can slow down the play balls and grapple but no one else can?
They have to take the good calls with the bads calls, what goes around comes around.

Gymea Growler

Juniors
nqboy said:
So now we're going to rule according to the look on players' faces? You'll go far. And the sooner, the better.

I was saying that he looked like he got a call that it was tackle.

Go cut some more Bannanas down will ya!! It helps the economy apperently and brings inflation down! Not of your head though!

flash

Juniors
Just got back from the game, i didnt think the ref was that bad, and as a neutral fan I think the better side won.

I didnt think that the berrigan obstruction was a big deal, the grub hit him high. I might change my opinion after watching the game on tv.

Latest posts