What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

the most over rated players in rl history

Son of Minto

Bench
I think people get the words over rated mixed up with meaning something's bad. Great players can still be over rated.
My example is Mal Meninga. Great player, amazing record yet people talk him up like his an immortal, Queenslanders thought it was an outrage when joey got immortalized ahead of him. But if you go back and watch the old classic matches he's rarely the best Centre in the game. In the 80s he was probably outshone by guys like Kenny and Gene Miles ( someone who always stands out in those classic matches) and in the early 90s guys like Renouf, Daley and Fittler stood out more. Even in the great Raiders sides he captained you could say guys like Daley, Stuart, Clyde, Lazarus and Walters were better.

Jesus christ

I think people get the words over rated mixed up with meaning something's bad. Great players can still be over rated.
My example is Mal Meninga. Great player, amazing record yet people talk him up like his an immortal, Queenslanders thought it was an outrage when joey got immortalized ahead of him. But if you go back and watch the old classic matches he's rarely the best Centre in the game. In the 80s he was probably outshone by guys like Kenny and Gene Miles ( someone who always stands out in those classic matches) and in the early 90s guys like Renouf, Daley and Fittler stood out more. Even in the great Raiders sides he captained you could say guys like Daley, Stuart, Clyde, Lazarus and Walters were better.

idiot