What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The most overused expression rugby league

some11

Referee
adding "for mine" to the end of any sentence.

Completely superfluous given that it is patently clear that whatever you just said is your opinion given it was you who f**king said it, and also just a terrible hack job on the english language.

I never hear it or read it outside of league circles. Shits me up the wall

Gus started it, I f**king hate it.

Just say in my opinion if you absolutely must!

eozsmiles

Bench
"Looking forward to getting some troops back" - any player from any team with injuries.

"Righto boys/lads/fellas...." - Matty Johns

"I didn't get a good look at the incident" - Every coach with 5 tv's in the box, all showing the incident 20 times from multiple angles.

Aragorn

First Grade
"Souths Sydney Premiership winning club."

Oops, sorry, i thought this was "the expression never been used before in rugby league" thread.

pHyR3

Juniors
"Souths Sydney Premiership winning club."

Oops, sorry, i thought this was "the expression never been used before in rugby league" thread.

given they have the most premierships that'd be the most used expression in rugby league compared to other clubs...

Headless Chook

Juniors
In the MODERN GAME I get sick to the back teeth with players saying DEFINITELY at the start of every response to every question they're asked in an interview.

L Daley (FYI) it's called a try, not a four pointer FFS

That'll do me.

Springs

First Grade
Greater access to players (and their change rooms pre-match) as allowed me to see what filthy messes change rooms are and that players drink, gargle and spit on the floor.

Yep?access has been great!

So you have obviously never played a game in your life then.

Aragorn

First Grade
In the MODERN GAME I get sick to the back teeth with players saying DEFINITELY at the start of every response to every question they're asked in an interview.

L Daley (FYI) it's called a try, not a four pointer FFS

That'll do me.

DEFINITELY agree with you there buddy. :lol:

Aragorn

First Grade
I hate it when commentators say "and we'll be right back after this short commercial break....".. que the ads!

Players and coaches talking up the opposition, even when they playing parra. And journalists/panelists for bothering to ask them questions we know the answer to. Honestly, like someone else said who cares about greater access to players and coaches when no-one has anything interesting to say?
Yeah"their a quality side"gets thrown around a lot

Latest posts