What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The most overused expression rugby league

juro

Bench
My mum always complains about commentators putting the team name at the end of the sentence instead of the beginning. eg: They played well, the bulldogs.

Only ever seems to come up in rugby league commentary.

tumbidragon

First Grade
My mum always complains about commentators putting the team name at the end of the sentence instead of the beginning. eg: They played well, the bulldogs.

Only ever seems to come up in rugby league commentary.
Sterlo is notorious for shit like that lol. "He's had a great game tonight has 'insert players name here'"...

So you have obviously never played a game in your life then.

I'm OCD.

You should see me go mental with the lads at 6th Grade cricket. Coffins open, shit everywhere. Before cameras in the change sheds at First Grade, I dreamt it was some sort of wonderful place where it was tidy. Not to be apparently.

Now, when I see them spit Gatorade on the floor, I want to get a mop and a bucket full of Myo to clean it up! Then I get anxious, aggravated and that's just not the way you want to start your Friday night in front of the telly with a pizza and beer.

blaza88z

Coach
not really over used as such but when I heard I couldn't stop laughing

"their forwards are going forward"

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Its not very recent, but if a Storm game was shown on Ch 9, "Just to explain the rules there for our Victoria viewers".

Lately you hear Goulds "Origin play" or "Theyre looking tired the (NRL team)".

T.S Quint

Coach
"They're out on their feet."

Of course they f**king are....they're not sitting down!
Where did that expression come from anyway?

Also when they say a team "is at sixes and sevens".
I know what it means, but I want to know how that expression came about.

Tooooks

Bench
Don't know if it's been mentioned yet but stop calling every player under 25 'kid'. I find it really irritating. There are no kids playing in the NRL.

Also 'gifted'. As in "they just gifted them a try then." Awful and not even a word when used in that context.

Feej

First Grade
"The next few minutes are crucial" and "[insert team] will lead from the front tonight"

Dave_

Juniors
"We're just taking it one game at a time"

What else are ya going to do, take it 2 games at a time? 3? 10 games at a time? ffs

Chainshada

Juniors
"They're out on their feet."

Of course they f**king are....they're not sitting down!
Where did that expression come from anyway?

Pretty sure it's a boxing phrase, fighter can still stand but is too tired/concussed/whatever to raise his gloves to defend himself.

Latest posts