What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The most overused expression rugby league

Red Bear

Referee
They talk about allowing greater access to players to grow the game and it seems a reasonable idea

Except there is almost no player with anything interesting to say anyway. For the most part they don't speak particularly well and aren't particularly interesting.

There's a few exception. Tim Mannah is pretty good on interview. And an increase in access would probably see them get better.

But most players are just terrible interviews.

oikee

Juniors
They talk about allowing greater access to players to grow the game and it seems a reasonable idea

Except there is almost no player with anything interesting to say anyway. For the most part they don't speak particularly well and aren't particularly interesting.

There's a few exception. Tim Mannah is pretty good on interview. And an increase in access would probably see them get better.

But most players are just terrible interviews.

Imagine trying to sit through a interview with blake Ferguson, the mums would be saying, "SEE, LOOK, that is what happens to you if you play league."
Our code is toast the way things are going, ex-players sinking the boot in, media sinking the boot. We are open season to any code that wants to use their code as a role model.
No wonder we cant attract any new fans. Our memberships are as high or lower than our crowd figures, go figure.

The other thing that shits me - pluralizing players names:

Example:
When you look at the code, its the Slaters, the Thurstons, the Smiths that bring people through the gates.

No merkin! No…no…NO!

TheVelourFog

First Grade
Players and coaches talking up the opposition, even when they playing parra. And journalists/panelists for bothering to ask them questions we know the answer to. Honestly, like someone else said who cares about greater access to players and coaches when no-one has anything interesting to say?

bottle

Coach
Future superstar of the game I think it is.

f**king says it all the time.

The one that gets me is 'them' and 'done':

Them ones couldn't score...

I wonder if them oranges are tasty...

He done a good tackle there?

'What a player' always gets a run with Johns as well.
No one with the surname Johns should be allowed anywhere near a microphone or a camera.

Greater access to players (and their change rooms pre-match) as allowed me to see what filthy messes change rooms are and that players drink, gargle and spit on the floor.

Yep…access has been great!

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
whenever someone gets in trouble (or has just happened to be nearby when something happened and is automatically "involved" in the incident) they are always labelled a "star" even if its someone who is toiling away in the nsw cup and far from 1st grade selection

The Enforcer

Juniors
I glassed her in self defence. I hit her to stop her from self harming. The boys.

Last edited:

Someone

Bench
the boys dug deep
a game of two halfs
won in the forwards

and the worst

they love their sunday afternoon football, rabs.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
not what he says but andy Raymond changes in tone to make everything he says a possible sound byte for fox sports ads

Latest posts