What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The New Jersey is up.......

on the official site.

First impressions is that it looks like a training jersey. The blue is better than the gold IMHO.

The stripes are back at least (in part).

CARN THE EELS!!!!!

Forum Idiot

Bench
love it!
i was worried it be shit with some sort of green to go with the new logo! i cant wait to wear that baby! can i buy it now?

It's crap! I hate it!
Parra have just about lost me with all the crap they dish up to us fans!
What was Fitzy on we he approved this crap?

Goleel

Juniors
Ugh, that doesn't look too great. Hopefully it looks better in game than it does in those shots, but that yellow looks pretty bad, the blue is bearable, but do we really have to keep this jersey for the next three years? I don't half mind the blue, it looks decent, and the current jersey is probably better but the blue I like, the yellow, ugh, they'll look like firemen rather than footy players wearing that. We could play our night games in the dark and have the jerseys light the field, they looks awful.

half

Coach
i love 'em, especially the blue one

i'll be getting one asap

congratulations to the eels on having the best jersey and logo in the league

Forum Idiot

Bench
half-man said:
i love 'em, especially the blue one

i'll be getting one asap

congratulations to the eels on having the best jersey and logo in the league
yes! finally!! someone with a brain and good taste! 8)

Misty Bee

First Grade
Revolutionary.

At least it's different.

Typical Parra though. You can't tell if there is actual blue blending or just patchy lighting. And what's this trend with hiding all the features. "The stripes are back" they proclaim, but, unless the wearer is jack newton, YOU CAN'T BLOODY SEE THEM!

On the good side, it's fresh. makes the logo and emblems stand out. More like a traditional jersey, be it League (think Newtown), soccer or the plain jumpers of US teams.

It is a jersey I could learn to like. In fact, it is a marketing watershed - no longer are we bound to designs of gold bars, or even an incorporation of BOTH colours on the jumper. It is a signal that our colour philosophy will/can change. I forsee a Parramatta team of the future clad in gold, with other colours adding trim. Sadly for me, I'm a blue man.

Which brings me to the most heart wrenching bit. The yellow jumper. It has to be the most EVIL jumper ever thrust on the poor backs of the clubs hard working ervents. I mean, have a look at it, and imagine ray Price wearing it. n The friggion thing appears gold and BLACK! BLACRK!!!! THIS IS SACRILIDGE!!!! GOLD AND BLACK!!! WHAT ARE WE, THE FRIGGIN TIGERS?????

HOW CAN I RAISE MY KIDS TO BELIEVE IN THE GREAT GOD THAT IS THE HISTORY OF THE MIGHTY EELS, GURU'S TRY V CANTERBURY, RAY PRICE AND THE CROW LIFTING THE WINFIELD CUP, THE WEDGE OF '76, KENNY'S INTERCEPTS, PEARD BOMBS AND STERLOS MAGICAL GRUBBERS, WHEN FITZGERALD HAS SOLD OUT ON OUR COLOURS??????

May the good lord have mercy upon his soul :evil: :evil: :evil:

PB

Bench
There must be a mistake. I am sure that the yellow one is actually meant to be on the parramatta city council website as the new design for all road workers in the Parra City council area!

I really like the blue one, and i pray beyond all prayers that they hide that yellow jersey in the closet and play in the blue one.

Forum Idiot

Bench
Misty Bee said:
Revolutionary.

At least it's different.

Typical Parra though. You can't tell if there is actual blue blending or just patchy lighting. And what's this trend with hiding all the features. "The stripes are back" they proclaim, but, unless the wearer is jack newton, YOU CAN'T BLOODY SEE THEM!

On the good side, it's fresh. makes the logo and emblems stand out. More like a traditional jersey, be it League (think Newtown), soccer or the plain jumpers of US teams.

It is a jersey I could learn to like. In fact, it is a marketing watershed - no longer are we bound to designs of gold bars, or even an incorporation of BOTH colours on the jumper. It is a signal that our colour philosophy will/can change. I forsee a Parramatta team of the future clad in gold, with other colours adding trim. Sadly for me, I'm a blue man.

Which brings me to the most heart wrenching bit. The yellow jumper. It has to be the most EVIL jumper ever thrust on the poor backs of the clubs hard working ervents. I mean, have a look at it, and imagine ray Price wearing it. n The friggion thing appears gold and BLACK! BLACRK!!!! THIS IS SACRILIDGE!!!! GOLD AND BLACK!!! WHAT ARE WE, THE FRIGGIN TIGERS?????

HOW CAN I RAISE MY KIDS TO BELIEVE IN THE GREAT GOD THAT IS THE HISTORY OF THE MIGHTY EELS, GURU'S TRY V CANTERBURY, RAY PRICE AND THE CROW LIFTING THE WINFIELD CUP, THE WEDGE OF '76, KENNY'S INTERCEPTS, PEARD BOMBS AND STERLOS MAGICAL GRUBBERS, WHEN FITZGERALD HAS SOLD OUT ON OUR COLOURS??????

:shock: :( :lol: :? :shock: :p :eek: :cry: that is what i went through when reading that post.

i thought you were a chick!

PJ Marshal

Coach
:cry: geeez thats a pretty ordinary effort, i mean the strips are pathetic they could at least go the whole way around not these tiny little suckers, no where near as good as the strips we had from 86 - 03 on par with our 81 jerseys, but i guess they could of been alot worse but im not reall happy with em, still wont stop me from buying both strips

Misty Bee

First Grade
Forum Idiot said:
Misty Bee said:
Revolutionary.

At least it's different.

:shock: :( :lol: :? :shock: :p :eek: :cry: that is what i went through when reading that post.

i thought you were a chick!

Geez, and I thought you were too!!!

Redback71

First Grade
i could take or leave the new yellow jersy id rather the old jersy dont mind the new blue jersy and hopefully that will be the one they wear the most.

half

Coach
did you guys look at the jersey side on? there's a good mix of both colours

i love how the sponsors are incorporated well into the colour scheme

they've used no ridiculous design fads

and misty, it's not black. it's the same dark blue as seen in the other jersey

i love everything about this jersey. it's perfect

i'm sure you guys will grow to love this one

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I like the Blue one...............the Yellow one looks like vomit.

Penrith, Canberra and even Roosters have put out excellent jerseys for next year. Cronullas is crap and ours is not much better.

I'd fork out money for the blue one but you can keep the yellow please!!!!

Parraren

Bench
Definitely looks better from side on. Still, there's far too much of one colour which makes it look a bit plain and boring. Bit of a glorified polo shirt if you ask me, or perhaps a training shirt as someone else suggested. If the side and shoulder stripes were a bit more prominent it would look alot better. And what's with this dark blue crap? The blue in the yellow jersey almost looks black! ugh! :evil:

Latest posts