What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The New Jersey is up.......

Ron Jeremy

Coach
WHERE THE HELL IS THIS BLOODY JUMPER, SOMEBODY PLEASE SHOW US A LINK OR COPY THE NEW JERSEYS TO THIS SITE....PLEASE!!!

PJ Marshal

Coach
FOUND CREATOR OF THE PARRAMATTA 2004 JERSEYS

ugly2.jpg

PJ Marshal

Coach
thanks halfman

it will tkae sum getting use too but even though they might look different they are still the eels and thats what counts!

bartman

Immortal
Hey, ma dad he had nothin' to do wit thems new jerseys.... ;-) sorry.

They seem OK, and I mean OK as in I can deal with them.

I'm sure we'll get used to them on the field, and with I agree with dark shorts and a number the yellow ones will look better.

Actually, I think how the "look" turns out depends very much on the socks and shorts the guys will wear. I think the socks have to be evenly blue and gold striped, and be worn with both jerseys, so the one colour doesn't seem so dominant?

Eh. It's just a jersey after all... Let's win some games, huh?

Ron Jeremy

Coach
I honestly can't see this new jersey appealing to many, who ever works in Parra's marketing department should get there arses back to tafe and upgrade from a certificate iv to a diploma in marketing, win loose or draw this jersey isn't going to be in large demand.

The socalled stripes resemble something from a 80's pop band the tackiness of it, and the shorts are plain as they come.

I don't mind change as long as it's of a benefit & will help our club...but in this instance the time & money gone into the design of this alleged jersey is just plain embarrasing.

I don't mind the blue jersey or the yellow for that matter but??...it's not an improvement nor is it appealing to the majority.

half

Coach
Ron Jeremy said:
The socalled stripes resemble something from a 80's pop band the tackiness of it, and the shorts are plain as they come.
i don't see too many fans at the parramatta stadium wearing the official shorts :lol:

seems to be a mixed reaction

it's also great to see they've got female jerseys. i'm sure chicks are annoyed at having to wear ill-fitting jerseys

bartman

Immortal
bartman said:
Actually, I think how the "look" turns out depends very much on the socks and shorts the guys will wear. I think the socks have to be evenly blue and gold striped, and be worn with both jerseys, so the one colour doesn't seem so dominant?
Sorry to quote myself, but I've checked out the shots in Planet's thread (go do it, it's worth the wait), and the jersey's look better there.

I noticed with the yellow jersey, Cayless was wearing blue shorts with blue socks (with a tiny bit of yellow at the top). And this look worked!

Now I hope they actually wear a reversed sock (mostly yellow, bit of blue), with the blue jersey, otherwise we'll look blue pretty much head to toe (Newtown anyone?).

half

Coach
with the blue jersey we should wear blue shorts and yellow socks

let's face it, yellow shorts would look preeety absurd!

Ron Jeremy

Coach
half-man said:
Ron Jeremy said:
i don't see too many fans at the parramatta stadium wearing the official shorts :lol:

seems to be a mixed reaction

it's also great to see they've got female jerseys. i'm sure chicks are annoyed at having to wear ill-fitting jerseys

I don't exactly curse it....but i won't be in a rush to get it if you get my drift.

The jersey that came out in 2001 everyone wanted one & it appealed to the majority where as this jersey really won't cut it in the market....it will sell to the die hards that's about it.

Dennis this jersey was just a waste of time IMO....could be alot better or alot worse but it will hardly create a ripple in the demanding market.

half

Coach
well i disagree. i remember when the last jersey came out plenty of people hated on it as well

i reckon this jersey will be much more popular with the fans

anyway, did anyone get the cheerleaders calendar? looks like a bonerfide winner

bartman

Immortal
half-man said:
anyway, did anyone get the cheerleaders calendar? looks like a bonerfide winner

:)
Well phrased Halfie...
I wonder how soon someone will put shots of that up on the net?

aphelion

Juniors
At the moment my reaction is this:
icon_eek.gif

Having said that, photos are never a true indication of what the design and colours look like, so I'll hold judgment until I see one in the flesh.

Either way, it'll take some getting used to.

planeteels

Juniors
i spoke to the merchandising guys at the at the end of the launch ... they had already sold well over 100 new jerseys during the hour that they were on sale...

i'd say that they'll be popular

Misty Bee

First Grade
Whenthey changed to the 4 gold bars in '76, they played their first few games with gold shorts. Didn't take ';em long to go to blue. They has been using white shorts from 47-76.

I love Planet's closeup shot of Cayless - it's won me over on the Gold one. And Half man,you are right re the blue. I can't wait to see it in a shop.

I reckon, after the initial shock (see last post LOL) that it's a corker! great nostalgia that no one has taken upon either - just as I have been joking about the blue patch over ts for the '77 sponsord blue jersey, they have actually incorporated that in the design. So, we are actually getting a 21st century version of our greatest and most sucessfull eels jersey ever. Gotta be happy with that!

Congratulations Parra, it's the best jersey in the NRL!

BD5733

Juniors
I am absolutely shocked and disappointed!! :shock: :(

Not at the jerseys but at the majority of people bagging the jersey who havent even seen it in person yet!

I think BOTH the yellow and blue are absolutely awesome in design! They are both very classy, and not ugly like the many lines on the panthers jerseys are.

Blue and Yellow as colours mix perfectly anyway, and both styles of jersey have the perfect mix of each colour, you really need to see the jersey in person to see that its not ALL blue and ALL gold respectively.

I love the return to the darker blue which is then gradually blended in with a lighter blue (and yellow on the yellow jerseys) towards where the Asics sponsor logo is(This feature you CANNOT see at all clearly based on the website pics)

Both jerseys are among the best any team in the comp has to offer (did I read somewhere that the 'Panthers new jersey' and 'looks good' were in the same sentence???LOL) To me it sounds like some people are using the jersey to have another whinging attack on the club. :roll:

Tommorrow the 2004 draw comes out so this will give these people another platform to whinge at the club and its administrators.

half

Coach
spot on, bd :lol: i'm guessing you were at the launch? what was the reception to the new jerseys like?

the panthers jersey is ridiculous, and same goes for the new manly jersey HAHAHA. they're fad designs, which people will look back on in 10 years time and wonder "why, oh why???"

we'll be dressed for success in 2004

Latest posts