What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The New Jersey is up.......

The Colonel

Immortal
Being a traditionalist I was scared...... their changing the jumper again. I had been able to keep myself calm during all the changes however was a little apprehensive after the last change in 2001.

As I wasn't able to make the launch (damn you Buuuuundy!!!!) I was not sure I was ready to see the design this morning.

That was until I finally had a look........and the new jersey rocks!!!

Thats blue and gold my friend and don't you forget it!!!! (Thanks Bill ;-) )

EELS13

Juniors
I was at the launch last night and i got to say that it looks better in person than it does on the Parra web site. I checked the web site when i got home and actually stopped and thought how different it looked. I'm sure most of you people who are doubting it will come around some what when you first see it in person. I for one prefer the Blue one and will be getting one but as you can see from the photos from last night, the gold one does have a classy look to it. At first i thought it looked a little like the Parra Power jersy, but its actually all good. I also love how the jersey is more of a gold colour then yellow. Our tradition is blue and gold not blue and yellow. I'm also a fan of the new emblem and believe it fits nicley into the new jersey. I'm a fan of the change, and i hope in time, most of you Parra fans jump on board also, after all its the jersey next years premiers will be wearing so get used to it ;-)

MystikEel

Juniors
Well I couldn't make it to last night! *damn school thing*

I don't like it from first impressions, but the blue one looks a LOT better than the gold one. I guess its another drastic change from jersey to jersey.... I think we'll get used to it....

The Godfather

Juniors
The design is excellent.

Good points:
* The stripes are back !!!!!!!! For all future designs - keep the stripes. It is our link with over 50 years of tradition and history.
* A decent collar, rather than that stupid "bow-tie"collar
* The dark blue is going to be a hit. Looks sensational.
* Really good idea to put the block of colour down the side of the jersey. Will look effective on the TV as most of the view of the players is side-on.
* Love the Parramatta on the back. Watch other clubs start to copy putting their names.

Possible improvements:
* Should have gone with a white ASICS logo on the blue jersey. On the past jerseys (think JH HARDIE ) the white on blue background stands out like beacon. The gold on blue seems to blend in too much
* Shorts & Socks - bit disappointing. With the stripes back, would have been great to return to the 4 stripes on the shorts / socks

Great design for the 2004 Premiers. Bring it on.

Paranoid

Juniors
Generally I like it. Very classic.

Better than the mutli coloured crap that Panthers, Broncos and Storm have on their away jerseys. Or the introduction of white in Jerseys like what Newcastle did.

I think the blue one is better. Especially front on since it has the gold flash of colour where the collar buttons should be and it is a gold emblem/logo against blue. The gold on gold colour and gold on gold emblem leave the gold front on looking a little plain.

Its human nature not feel comfortable with change, but by end of next season when Cayless holds the trophy high over his head wearing this jersey it will all be good.

theicemandanno

Juniors
Relax peeps.

Jerseys always look bad without a number on the back.

I think it looks simple, yet sophisticated. And no one can confuse who it is.....blue and GOLD (not canary yellow)

For mine, the Gold jersey looks so much better in person, it shimmers.

You will like it, trust me. Wait to see it with shorts, socks and numbers before being too critical.

Foz

Bench
I'm not a Parra fan but thought the jersey (yellow) was great. I think its the best Parra jersey I've seen.
I actually thought you guys would be raving about it. Sometimes it takes a while for something to grow on you but I liked this instantly.
Good luck next year.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
I like it.
I hate it.
Its too yellow.
The stripes are no good.

It doesn't really matter. Everyone here is gunna be wearing it with pride no matter what it looks like.

Redback71

First Grade
i hated the gold at first but after lookin over the pics again i thing ive changed my mind and although i stll like the old jersy better the new gold jersy is pretty good :D

Eelementary

Post Whore
Actually, after seeing planeteels' photos with better lghting, I actually quite like them.

The shorts look mad too.

bartman

Immortal
There's a good photo is this week's Parra Advertiser of John Morris wearing the blue one (and his girlfriend in the yellow one).

The blue appears "normal" (not dark) in that photo, and it also has that horizontal line "piping" that Planet's photos showed on Cayless' yellow jersey.

They're looking better all the time people!

wittyfan

Referee
bartman said:
There's a good photo is this week's Parra Advertiser of John Morris wearing the blue one (and his girlfriend in the yellow one).

The blue appears "normal" (not dark) in that photo, and it also has that horizontal line "piping" that Planet's photos showed on Cayless' yellow jersey.

They're looking better all the time people!

578675_morris250x359.jpg

John wears the new jersey very well indeed. 8) :)

Suitman

Post Whore
I might buy one so I can wear it while I'm playing golf.
Whoever called it a polo shirt got it spot on.

By the way, Hi Belly!! :) Did you ever get my reply email??

Suity

noosa-eel

Juniors
I don't mind the new jersey although i was always a fan of the away shirt (yellow) but checking out morrie in a previous post i like the blue.

Hi Suity, hopefully see you in round 2... :)

Suitman

Post Whore
noosa-eel said:
Hi Suity, hopefully see you in round 2... :)

Round 2 might be a little difficult in 2004. :cry: :D :?: :idea: :D
But I'll be back bigger and better than ever in 2005.

Suity

roofromoz

First Grade
Looks very ordinary. I can see that they are going for the retro look, and that's a good thing, but there's something about the stripes ... they should either wrap around the jersey, or not bother with it at all.

The Colonel

Immortal
roofromoz said:
Looks very ordinary. I can see that they are going for the retro look, and that's a good thing, but there's something about the stripes ... they should either wrap around the jersey, or not bother with it at all.

Have you seen the Penrith away jersey? And you have the hide to say ours looks ordinary??

Preston, Johnny and Howland getting homesick were they???

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

redeel

Juniors
nah must agree with roofrom oz dont like it but thats my opinion, and dead set whats with the logo,somone said it looked like a yr8 tecdrawing assignment and i woul totally agree, very ordinary,and the guy who designed it said it took 18 mnths ,christ i would be embarassed taking a cheque for that shite again my opinion only, remember retro is another word for "cant come up with anything original" a f**ken gay yuppy word

Latest posts