What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The news every Roosters fan has been waiting for...

Paullyboy

Coach
hahahahahhaha, oh how I hope Finch becomes captain.

My absolute blinding hatred for the Roosters diminished when they fell to crap this year, its just not worth your time hating a crap team.

But if Finch is their captain it'll become oh so easy.

PARANoIR

Bench
lol, Anasta and Finch in the running. You'd like to think that Fitzgibbon was a shoe-in for the job.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I hope for Rooster fans' sakes that it goes to Anasta - Finch is a nuffy and barely deserves the FG halfback spot.

Poor Braith.

Mr Saab

Referee
if it doesnt go to fitzgibbon then they have problems. He is an 80 min player and is able to control is emotions, as apposed to Finch who cries if a ref penalises him for offside.

Stagger eel

Staff member
just a quick question and slightly off the subject, I thought Cartwright had left the Roosters???

J.N.

Juniors
Would Fitzgibbon not being a certainty for the captaincy have anything to do with his form dropping off toward the end of the year ?

And I'm not comfortable with a player coming straight into a team and being made captain.

Kingytek

Juniors
eelavation said:
just a quick question and slightly off the subject, I thought Cartwright had left the Roosters???

He starts at the Gold Coast in 07 until then he's a rooster/NSW assistant

PARANoIR

Bench
J.N. said:
And I'm not comfortable with a player coming straight into a team and being made captain.

I'm not a big fan of it, the only time ive agreed with that happening in recent times, is Steven Price's selection as captain of the Warriors.

Finchnicov will do a splendid job being a 140 odd game player in the NRL compared to the no bodies on here who have played zilch/zero/пустой указатель NRL games.

If it was up to me it would be either Finch or Morley as captain

Rammo

Juniors
eelavation said:

I agree I remember someone said that he was moving to GC a year early to get everything settled in and focus on his job up there.

Mr Saab

Referee
marshall stalin said:

sorry, you have to be able to actually play the game and not spend 4-5-6 weeks at a time wearing a suit on the sidelines.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Kingytek said:
He starts at the Gold Coast in 07 until then he's a rooster/NSW assistant

well, he should be at the Gold Coast NOW, preperaing the club for 07.

J.N.

Juniors
marshall stalin said:
Finchnicov will do a splendid job being a 140 odd game player in the NRL compared to the no bodies on here who have played zilch/zero/пустой указатель.

I was thinking Morely as well. However he's not on the field for the full 80 minutes, he's a front rower and doesn't exactly have the best relationship with the refs.

I think I speak on behalf of most non-Rooster supporters when, with all sincerity, I say;

Brett Finch deserves to be the captain of the Roosters team and he should be named captain immediately.

eelavation said:

the article said former assistant roosters coach John Cartwright- he is not at the Roosters as he will begin preparing for the gold coast entry into the NRL in 2007.

Roosters 2005 Premier league coach Shane Flannagan has been promoted to cartwrights former assistant coach role and parramatta's jersey flegg coach paul young has been appointed as the premier league coach for Newtown PL .

Stagger eel

Staff member
marshall stalin said:
the article said former assistant roosters coach John Cartwright- he is not at the Roosters as he will begin preparing for the gold coast entry into the NRL in 2007.

Roosters 2005 Premier league coach Shane Flannagan has been promoted to cartwrights former assistant coach role and parramatta's jersey flegg coach paul young has been appointed as the premier league coach for Newtown PL .

ok!..that's what I thought.

btw, Paul Young hasn't been at our club since 98-99!!!

J.N. said:
I was thinking Morely as well. However he's not on the field for the full 80 minutes, he's a front rower and doesn't exactly have the best relationship with the refs.

fitzgibbon will be rested during games so they will need someone to takeover when he's off too.

Charlie Saab said:
if it doesnt go to fitzgibbon then they have problems. He is an 80 min player and is able to control is emotions, as apposed to Finch who cries if a ref penalises him for offside.

Your right I sniff another monahan on the cards.