What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The news every Roosters fan has been waiting for...

OVP

Coach
Smartman said:
Well some games they bring him off the bench, thats why.

Smartman isnt very smart at all it seems. Wing ALWAYS starts sunshine. He's our number 1 hooker, duh.

You seem to like talking about the Roosters, but its a pity you dont actually watch them for anyone to take your opinions seriously.

Some people have mentioned Morley here as captain. Im a proud member of the MFCF (Morley for Captain Foundation :lol:) for a few reasons

* He's the only player besides Mini (and maybe Fitzy .. but Fitzy can have a shocker) who continually puts in week after week and NEVER EVER puts in a bad display.

* He HAS the respect of the players and the opposition.

* It would stick it right up the refs association. Imagine them trying to work out wtf he was saying on the field ? Ahhh id love it :lol:

innsaneink

Referee
Renowned League Expert said:
Rooster bashing fell by over 38% on LU this season -- which just goes to show that it was just jealousy all along. As soon as the Roosters' fortunes declined, so too did the levels of bashing.

Thats because all you cardboard cut-out Roosters fans disappeared, you in particular and Coggy did the ol disappearo when the going got tough for you girls.

OVP

Coach
innsaneink said:
Thats because all you cardboard cut-out Roosters fans disappeared, you in particular and Coggy did the ol disappearo when the going got tough for you girls.

Then how come we finished second for the home game attendances of Sydney teams ? Behind you lot actually.

If anyone has cardboard cutout fans its the Dogs ... they disappeared LONG before the season was over.

Raider_69

Post Whore
i think he ment in reference to this site
whilst Rooster bashing has gone down 38% on this forum over the past year... rooster sightings have dropped by a whooping 76%... most of you mob went MIA from this site...

Pantherjim.

Referee
Renowned League Expert said:
Rooster bashing fell by over 38% on LU this season -- which just goes to show that it was just jealousy all along. As soon as the Roosters' fortunes declined, so too did the levels of bashing.

Pathetic, really, when you think about it.

I'm surprised you're so anal about the subject that you'd actually take statistics on Rooster bashing! You must be obsessed with it!

The only reason why there is "38%" :roll: less Rooster bashing is because wankers such as yourself, Cockburn, OVP, Chook and Melon haven't been in here lately sprouting pig swill about how bloody great your beloved Roosters are, how crap other teams are by comparison, and how "flukey" it is for other teams to beat yours.

Most of you have been pretty quiet, hibernating in the sewers that you came from, hence less Rooster bashing. Nothing more.

Pantherjim.

OVP

Coach
Pantherjim. said:
I'm surprised you're so anal about the subject that you'd actually take statistics on Rooster bashing! You must be obsessed with it!

The only reason why there is "38%" :roll: less Rooster bashing is because wankers such as yourself, Cockburn, OVP, Chook and Melon haven't been in here lately sprouting pig swill about how bloody great your beloved Roosters are, how crap other teams are by comparison, and how "flukey" it is for other teams to beat yours.

Most of you have been pretty quiet, hibernating in the sewers that you came from, hence less Rooster bashing. Nothing more.

Pantherjim.

Here comes Pantherjism :roll: ... a thread about the Roosters is like a magnet for all the sad, stupid people.

Perchance, do you carry your cigarettes in your t-shirt sleeves, Mr Jism ?

The Business

Juniors
Don't worry OVP, Pantherjim was quiet in 2005 and will be so for a few years yet. If any club is in trouble it's Penrith.

Jimmy

Juniors
Paullyboy said:
hahahahahhaha, oh how I hope Finch becomes captain.

My absolute blinding hatred for the Roosters diminished when they fell to crap this year, its just not worth your time hating a crap team.

But if Finch is their captain it'll become oh so easy.

On the subject of "crap teams", it is interesting to note that the Raiders are clear cut favourites for the 2006 wooden spoon.

choc_soldier

Coach
thomo said:
I'm surprised Harrison hasn't been named as a possibility. He did a fantastic job for the Rabbitohs this year when he took over from Fletcher.

I believe he might be a smokey.

But it has to be Fitzy. Finch contributes nothing to the team - he should be playing for the Jets next year.

Pantherjim. said:

I've been here all along, all season. Haven't been anywhere.

What you say is possibly true, but I tend to doubt it. It seems almost a given that the more successful a team is, the more unfair criticism it will cop. We saw it with Manly in the 70s and mid 90s, Brisbane in the early and late 90s, and with various other teams during the last 30 something years. It's just the Australian way, unfortunately.

I don't really "hate" any team -- I have a certain amount of affection for all of them, except perhaps the "new" teams, and that's only because I haven't grown up with watching those teams; but having said that, the times when I have degenerated into "hating" a team -- it's always because I have perceived that team to be a threat to the Roosters. In the early 80s I hated Parramatta, in the mid 90s Manly, more recently I've hated Canterbury.

But the "hate" is always temporary. It's certainly not "real" hate. Maybe with you it is. I don't know. Maybe you really do "hate" the Roosters. That would be pretty tragic, though. But I suspect with most fans, the hatred isn't real, it's transient and temporary, and is reliant on how successful that team is. Take away the success and you lose the hatred.

That's why Rooster bashing is down. As someone else said, they're too bad to be bothered hating. That's it.

Front-Rower

First Grade
eelavation said:
well, he should be at the Gold Coast NOW, preperaing the club for 07.

He's the coach, not part of the management. Whats he going to do? Fitness drills/ball skills for himself?

pantherdan

HAHAHA, how much would it suck to be a roosterfan....cant beleve its down to those 3....i would give it to Anasta he is Roosters new god! lol...you guys have a 5/8th now!+++++++++++++++++

The Business

Juniors
pantherdan said:
HAHAHA, how much would it suck to be a roosterfan....cant beleve its down to those 3....i would give it to Anasta he is Roosters new god! lol...you guys have a 5/8th now!+++++++++++++++++
It's great being a Roosters fan when you can read comments from idiots like you.

Jimmy

Juniors
It might be of interest to peruse the Centrebet odds for the 2006 season. Even if some people regard the Roosters as a "crap team" they are the 3rd pick in the betting by the bookies.

Dragons $4.50
Eels $6.00
Roosters $8.00
Cowboys $10.00
Broncos $11.00
Tigers $11.00
Bulldogs $11.00 Knights $11.00
Panthers $17.00
Sharks $21.00
Sea Eagles $21.00
Rabbitohs $21.00
Storm $26.00
Warriors $34.00
Raiders $51.00

Bumble

First Grade
Jimmy said:
It might be of interest to peruse the Centrebet odds for the 2006 season. Even if some people regard the Roosters as a "crap team" they are the 3rd pick in the betting by the bookies.

Dragons $4.50
Eels $6.00
Roosters $8.00
Cowboys $10.00
Broncos $11.00
Tigers $11.00
Bulldogs $11.00 Knights $11.00
Panthers $17.00
Sharks $21.00
Sea Eagles $21.00
Rabbitohs $21.00
Storm $26.00
Warriors $34.00
Raiders $51.00

Yes...because the bookies are always right...:roll:

Tigers were the favourites for the wooden spoon earlier this year and Penrith were 101-1 to win the competition at the start of 2003.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Charlie Saab said:
sorry, you have to be able to actually play the game and not spend 4-5-6 weeks at a time wearing a suit on the sidelines.
Halfwit. Very original and creative of you. Morley only missed a couple of games last year and has pretty much fixed his tackling technique problem.

He should get the job as he'd make a great, inspirational captain.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Raiders tipped for the spoon by the bookies does nothing but give me hope that a fairytale premiership isnt impossible ala Tigers and Panthers

TooheysNew

Coach
Raider_69 said:
Raiders tipped for the spoon by the bookies does nothing but give me hope that a fairytale premiership isnt impossible ala Tigers and Panthers
Gotta cling to somethin I spose, doncha. ;-)

innsaneink

Referee
OVP said:
Then how come we finished second for the home game attendances of Sydney teams ? Behind you lot actually.

If anyone has cardboard cutout fans its the Dogs ... they disappeared LONG before the season was over.

Raider_69 said:
i think he ment in reference to this site
whilst Rooster bashing has gone down 38% on this forum over the past year... rooster sightings have dropped by a whooping 76%... most of you mob went MIA from this site...

Well done 69, I thought it was quite straight forward.
Especially as I had this quote in my reply.

Originally Posted by Renowned League Expert

This IS what we talkin about?