What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The news every Roosters fan has been waiting for...

Pantherjim.

Referee
KFC said:
John Carter

You're thinking Steve Carter KFC, however "Scarter's" last year with us was 2001 and Presto didn't start with us until 2003.

2001: an absolutely dismal year to farewell a champion like Scarter.

Pantherjim. said:
Still waiting RLE.....?

Jim, I could have looked it up in about 30 seconds.

My recollection is that Girdler played mostly five-eighth in the year preceeding Campbell's arrival. But I'm sure Penrith used at least four 5/8s that year.

choc_soldier

Coach
Renowned League Expert said:
Jim, I could have looked it up in about 30 seconds.

My recollection is that Girdler played mostly five-eighth in the year preceeding Campbell's arrival. But I'm sure Penrith used at least four 5/8s that year.

I can think of three - Girdler, Luke Young (the same guy who was the Dogs fullback towards the end of the season) and Ben Reynolds. May be another one in there...

edit: Sattler was tried there too.

Pantherjim.

Referee
KFC said:
My apologies Pantherjim.

Steve Carter was a great competitor.

No need to apologise KFC, Unlike RLE I don't expect everyone to be a genius when it comes to Rugby League general knowledge.

In any case you were only out by one year. ;-)

Pantherjim.

Referee
Jim, I could have looked it up in about 30 seconds..

So how come it took you over 21 hours? In any case, that wasn't the challenge at all. You criticised me for not remembering who played half for your boys in 2002. You more or less said "Try me" when I asked you if you could rattle off the name of a player without hesitation who played a certain position for any given team within the last 3-5 years.

You failed dismally. You even admitted to having to "Look it up"

Your recollection? So why did you need to "Look it up?"

Correct, As Parra Panther said; It was a combination of Girds, Ben Reynolds, Luke Young, Satts etc.

But as I said, it took you long enough.

And you have the hide to criticise me for not remembering who played half for your boys in 2002??

Face it, you're a hypocrite of the highest order.

You really know your football as well RLE! :lol:

nqboy

First Grade
Pantherjim. said:
So how come it took you over 21 hours? In any case, that wasn't the challenge at all. You criticised me for not remembering who played half for your boys in 2002. You more or less said "Try me" when I asked you if you could rattle off the name of a player without hesitation who played a certain position for any given team within the last 3-5 years.

Correct, As Parra Panther said; It was a combination of Girds, Ben Reynolds, Luke Young, Satts etc.

And you have the hide to criticise me for not remembering who played half for your boys in 2002??

And still didn't answer until someone else had posted his answer. OWNED.

Pantherjim. said:

I didn't look it up. I said I *could have*. Frankly, I didn't give it any thought until I saw your "still waiting" response.

There's a big difference between remembering who played for the wooden spooners in a certain position, and remembering a grand final winning half. I mean there must have been 300 threads in the last three years talking about whether Craig Wing should be playing half again.

Pantherjim.

Referee
I didn't look it up. I said I *could have*. Frankly, I didn't give it any thought until I saw your "still waiting" response.

Bullsh*t. You accepted the challenge by saying "Try me". So I fired a question at you and it took you over 21 hours to answer me.

There's a big difference between remembering who played for the wooden spooners in a certain position, and remembering a grand final winning half.

:lol: News Flash: We weren't wooden spooners in 2002! Based on performance and points, South Sydney were at the bottom of the table. If It hadn't been for the Dog's Salary cap breaches, Souths would be wooden spooners, but because the Dogs got all those points stripped off them, Canterbury were wooden spooners!

How could you forget a thing like that?? :lol: :lol:

And he has a go at me for forgetting who played half for his boys that year!! :lol: :roll:

In any case, you're the one who professed to being able to rattle off the name of a player in any given position/club other than your own in the past 3-5 years, and now you're doing the mother of all back-flips!

What Size rock should I get you for your off-season hibernation RLE?

Latest posts