What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Novocastrian FOOTY SHOW RORT

Sportsjock

Juniors
It is superb to see you here iddylion , you add much needed class and a great deal of historical old knights forum vibe to the place.

Please check here more.

Doctor

Bench
How are you Iddylion? I'll echo Sportsjock's comments about adding much needed class to the place.

You probably don't recognise me by the current forumming name do you? I'm fairly sure my breif attempts to say hello to Gnome also suffered a similar fate because he didn't realise who I was.

It's Chook, from the old forum - I'm still around, just laying low and wearing a disguise. 8) ;-)

Iddylion

Juniors
Wow! Hi chook, how are you?! And No, I didn't recognise you in disguise... maybe I need new glasses ;-) .

Very, very glad to see you here though. And so Gnomes about too? That is good news. Again it's nice to see "familiar faces" Even if they are calling themselves by different names now. lol.

Anyway I'm well, thanks for asking.

Iddy.

astrogirl

First Grade
In the last day or so I've been looking at threads with SJ's plea for more thoughtful commentary in mind.

I tend to agree that we are in need of more people with credibility (I think that's the word I am after) to post on this forum. I'm not one of these people, but I'll try to be - admittedly I am not as observant as I possibly could be, mostly laziness I think.

I guess it also doesn't hurt to be mindful that other people come here to learn a bit more about footy and the Knights, and that's obviously not a bad thing either.

Andy

First Grade
For some reason I avoided reading this thread until now, but I'm glad I did.

SJ, I have no idea where you got the figure of $3000 for the hire of the Ent Cent, but that is way off.

I personally have been involved in the planning of a few events that have been staged at the entertainment centre, and I can tell you that it costs much more than $3000 for the night. Try thinking of a 5 figured number and you'll be closer to the money.

An as for $2000 for lighting and PA?? Unless your brother or uncle runs the company, again you're dreaming.

Back in my band days, we regularly rented sound and lighting gear from local companies in Newcastle such as SCION. We didn't need huge amounts of stuff obviously, but the little bits and pieces that we did rent (32 channel mixing desk, 4-5 fold back wedges, 4-6 F.O.H. boxes, 2 subs, lighting rack, 6-8 cans, gels, mics, stands, D.I.'s) we'd pay between $500 and $700.

I'd estimate the cost of the equipment rented for the footy show would be between $4000 and $5000.

Sportsjock

Juniors
Andy said:
An as for $2000 for lighting and PA?? Unless your brother or uncle runs the company, again you're dreaming.

Back in my band days, we regularly rented sound and lighting gear from local companies in Newcastle such as SCION. We didn't need huge amounts of stuff obviously, but the little bits and pieces that we did rent (32 channel mixing desk, 4-5 fold back wedges, 4-6 F.O.H. boxes, 2 subs, lighting rack, 6-8 cans, gels, mics, stands, D.I.'s) we'd pay between $500 and $700.

I'd estimate the cost of the equipment rented for the footy show would be between $4000 and $5000.

I didn't say $2,000 for the Footy Show sound and lighting. I didn't go over all of my posts to find the exact figure, but I did use a $2,000 example as the sound and lighting for a Alex Lloyd type of concert at the Workers Club mate which is SIMILAR in set up. I agree with you, likely would have been $4-5K! Not much when the profits from the night are $170,000 upwards.

Maybe you mis understood.

As for the hire of the entertainment centre itself, as a plain old shed, without anything else, there is no way the figure is 5 figures mate. I also have personal knowledge of the hiring of the place too, and it isn't five figures. The Sydney Entertainment centre is barely 5 figures dude, and it comes with the stage all there ready to go.

I can get a quote today if you want and see what I get priced? :D
I can assure you its a lot less than the Civic Theatre.

As for you paying $500-700 band hire for a PA?! You got ripped off dude.

Scion used to do our band for $300 - same rig you mentioned.

Andy

First Grade
I was involved in the organisation process of Hunter Harvest last year.

Trust me, for the hire of the entertainment centre complex for one night, was $10,000.

Sportsjock

Juniors
Andy said:
I was involved in the organisation process of Hunter Harvest last year.

Trust me, for the hire of the entertainment centre complex for one night, was $10,000.

Well the Newcastle Entertainment Centre must have different prices for different events, because there is no way Starstruck pays $10,000 a day to put on their concert.

And there is no way the Pirates pay $10,000 a game.

And there was no way that even John Mayer - who I know for fact only played there a few weeks ago - paid anywhere near $10,000 a concert.

So, maybe its not what you know, its who :lol:

antonius

Coach
Good to see you here Iddy, I see your still writting the peotry in the 7's. As for writting class in here, it ebbs and flows, your right it'd be great if some of the old members were here, but I think the lack of home footy this year has contributed to the lack of interest a fair bit. WEhen everyone arrived here last year I would say 60-70% came across, that has gradually dwindled, it does get a bit disheartening putting up threads that you think will generate a bit of discussion only to get a couple of posts in them.

Doctor

Bench
Iddylion said:
Wow! Hi chook, how are you?! And No, I didn't recognise you in disguise... maybe I need new glasses ;-)

I'm in good spirits - still trying to knock SJ off his soapbox as usual. :lol:

The disguise has been a small problem. That's the trouble with a name-change. Unfortunately an existing Roosters' forummer had already secured 'Chook', and I decided to try something new.

And so Gnomes about too?

Well.... not quite. He stops by every now and then -- probably once every month for a couple of posts. It would be beneficial to see more of the old-timers return again though. I'm sure he knows he is welcome.

Danish Moo Cow said:
I haven't read this thread entirely, but I just want to add that Mario went to the Gidley's house in the lead up to last week's show but it appears to have been held off until a later date.

Judging by the hilarious prank the Gidley's, Knights and channel 9 crew pulled on poor Muzz while doing the Newton-like interview, it'll have to be shown sometime.

:lol:

Its on tonight, DMC. How'd you know of this?

Iddylion

Juniors
Antonius: Everyone's probably right and it probably is all about the away games. As I rarely get to any games it doesn't bother me too much where they are (Except for that I like the home ground advantage.) As for Forum 7's, yeah Micks a nice bloke and he asked me nicely enough times that I started feeling bad for saying no... :lol: . Besides, it's still fun and still gives me an excuse to write which I otherwise wouldn't do.

Oswin: Perhaps for your location you could put AKA Chook. *shrugs* might work. And good to hear that you and SJ still have your differences - Means that the world hasn't suddenly gone crazy!

Iddy

antonius

Coach
Danish Moo Cow said:
Danish Moo Cow said:
I haven't read this thread entirely, but I just want to add that Mario went to the Gidley's house in the lead up to last week's show but it appears to have been held off until a later date.

Judging by the hilarious prank the Gidley's, Knights and channel 9 crew pulled on poor Muzz while doing the Newton-like interview, it'll have to be shown sometime.

Its on tonight, DMC. How'd you know of this?

How funny was that? They had Mario sucked right in, he came out with some classics, my favourite was "I've seen a lot of ankles" when asked "how do you know it's ok?" :lol: :lol: :lol: I reckon poor old Mario was starting to pack it a bit.

astrogirl

First Grade
In schoolboy voices:

Kidley in accusing tone to Mario: "You stepped on my ankle!"

Mario (indignantly): "No I didn't!"

~bedsy~

First Grade
I just posted in the Kidley, Matty interview in RWL post..... it was so bloody funny, "I know ankles" :lol: :lol:
One of your best Muzza

garden fairy

Juniors
Marissa just sent me this post in an email and I'm not sure what the hell this topic, or most of the topics on here are about, but I'd like to own up to being the (former) rubber duckie. Probably a little more grown up than last time around. I come here every so often to have a look, but it got a little out of control for awhile, so I just buggered off. Anyways, I hope everyone's doing well.

-Emma

P.S. I know one of the Skye's (the younger one) is still alive and kicking, but she doesn't really come to this site.

Doctor

Bench
garden fairy said:
Marissa just sent me this post in an email and I'm not sure what the hell this topic, or most of the topics on here are about, but I'd like to own up to being the (former) rubber duckie. Probably a little more grown up than last time around. I come here every so often to have a look, but it got a little out of control for awhile, so I just buggered off. Anyways, I hope everyone's doing well.

-Emma

P.S. I know one of the Skye's (the younger one) is still alive and kicking, but she doesn't really come to this site.

Aha - another former forummer comes out of hiding. I certainly remember Rubber Duckie - albeit just the name. For lack of a better superlative, it's good to see you here Emma.

This is the poster formerly known as Chook by the way - I too am in disguise. 8)

garden fairy

Juniors
I never really contributed much to the old site, only the odd bit here and there, more to do with the younger squads (now, as predicted, the bulk of the 1st grade side!) Even so, I made a few great friends from it, one of which is my best friend today, and another (who I met through Parki) is now my boyfriend. I do remember a lot of good conversations with a lot of the members, and its good to see everyone (new and old) with their guns blazing here. By the way, hi Iddy, we've been wondering where you went! :)

I sort of fell off the wagon a few years ago when I did my HSC, and I've been busy since then, so I hardly made it to games. Then the original site fell to pieces, and I got a bit lost. I'm starting to resurrect a bit of a memory now, I'll cruise around here every so often...more often at the moment, I'm trying to escape a philosophy assignment that beckons from my desk.