What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The NRL radio rights thread

Diesel

Referee
It's just laughable if it's correct that MMM and 2GB don't want 4 games each.

And hear was fairfax screaming for coverage. What a bloody joke!

And Brisbane may only get the abc ?! Ffs , it's amatuer hour stuff.

ABC coverage shits over the Continuous Call Team, that show is about anything that isn't RL except for the odd score ups

Diesel

Referee
What a mess, exclusivity of radio rights should have gone by now. These rights are small change compared to the TV rights so why can't the NRL just give the rights to anyone who wants them and if the make only a tiny bit there shouldn't be much of a concern considering we are on the same level as AFL now

Diesel

Referee
I'm about to get a digital radio in the hope I can get either Sydney or a Brisbane based sports radio station, the C.C.T. is a non-option for me on Saturday arvo

Rexxy

Coach
I'm about to get a digital radio in the hope I can get either Sydney or a Brisbane based sports radio station, the C.C.T. is a non-option for me on Saturday arvo

Pay extra and get Dab + Wireless. Digital won't do what you want as there is only one national sports station [grandstand] and they take afl.

Wireless gives you Internet radio so you will have more options like listening to Sydney stations directly.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
ABC coverage shits over the Continuous Call Team, that show is about anything that isn't RL except for the odd score ups

How do you like that ABC coverage of fumble ball from 12-5pm each Saturday? I think the rest of the coverage took a massive dive with the reappearance of Debbie Spillane and her studio shows which were as boring as watching paint dry.

Diesel

Referee
If anything I'm forced to listen to the CC team on Saturday as there is no alternative, Sunday is more of flicking around the stations but at least the games start at 2 instead of 5:30 so the BS is more compacted on Sundays.

It is shocking that in a RL state of Queensland, AFL is more attainable on radio or TV than the NRL

Rosetta

Juniors
Triple M announced this morning they will call all 3 Origin matches and Finals live and are the official home of rugby league every weekend, they also took a cheap shot at the ABC and 2GB (?) stating it will also be on that "other" network for people over 60.

Clarke

Juniors
They need a batter main caller than Dan. Very hard to picture the game listening to his commentary, a lot of the time he forgets to call where on the field the play is being taken.

azsportza

Live Update Team
They need a batter main caller than Dan. Very hard to picture the game listening to his commentary, a lot of the time he forgets to call where on the field the play is being taken.

I like Dan's style of calling, while he could add a few things into the call - like where they are on the field, the tackle number and how long left on the clock. The way he hypes it all up and gets into it, makes it the best radio call I have listened to recently

azsportza

Live Update Team
Sounds wonderful...if you live in Sydney.

Well we are still waiting for the NRL writers to wake up from their NYE celebrations so they can post up the press release. However, I would say there is a great chance that the Sydney call will be simulcast into Brisbane on Triple M. Wouldn't just be a Sydney thing.

Latest posts