What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The NZ Wazza VS Ozbash Super Best Centre Challenge!!!

Meth

Staff member
Henry was shit too tbh. As were the other 16 players.

They had pretty much the same amount of missed tackles. Henry had 6; JRo had 7. Henry had 1 error; JRo had 2.

The difference is, JRo got a try, made a line break, got an offload away, and had more tackle breaks.

Regardless of what people say, he was better than Henry. In a game where we were ALL disgraceful on defense, at least JRo had some impact in attack.

Noooooooo

Henry wasn't good. But Ropati was just awful. If you can't see that, you're as spastic as him and Ozbash- and that is considerably spastic.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Yup Ropati was good on attack, dropped the ball cold coming out of our end and ran over the touchline on attack were his two best efforts.

Tbf this competition is stupid, its 'who is slightly less shit, Henry or Ropati'?

NZ Warrior

First Grade
It's certainly turning into a cripple fight.

I loved JBro's defense, where he runs out of the line, puts a shoulder charge on a Roosters player, but they get the ball away and it's a Roosters try! Just Love It!

ozbash

Referee
What game were you clowns watching? The Ro was outstanding !

Points please scorepeoples ....

Izz

Bench
6f7d7db4_350x700px-LL-4ad90b08_Not-sure-if-serious2.jpeg

hitman82

Bench
I've watched the game twice, just to make sure I know what I'm talking about and to keep you bastards happy.
No human should have to watch that game twice.
I hope you're all happy.

JRo made two costly errors. As did half the team. I'll work out the stats and score them accordingly.

hitman82

Bench
Right, the moment all you happy punters have been waiting for.

The results of ROUND ONE of the Super Best Centre Challenge:

Both our players were on the field for 80 minutes; physically, anyway.

Metres Per Run
Henry 6.3 (12 runs for 76 metres)
Ropati 6.6 (11 runs for 73 metres)
...Ropati bags 10 points

Tries
Henry 0
Ropati 1
...Ropati gets the 20 points here

Try Assists
Henry 0
Ropati 0
...no winners

Line Breaks
Henry 0
Ropati 1
...Ropati bags 15 points

Offloads
Henry 0
Ropati 1
...Ropati bags 10 points

Tackle Breaks
Henry 1
Ropati 2
...Ropati bags the 5 points

Tackles
Henry 18
Ropati 16
...Henry bags 10 points

Missed Tackles
Henry 2
Ropati 5
...Henry bags 10 points

Ineffective Tackles
Henry 2
Ropati 3
...Henry bags 5 points

1 on 1 tackles
Henry 2
Ropati 3
...Ropati bags 5 points

Errors
Henry 1
Ropati 2
...Henry bags 10 points

Penalties Concended
Henry 0
Ropati 0
...no points here

Totals:
Henry 35 points
Ropati 65 points

Despite being low in errors and a hard worker in defense, Henry simply didn't have the attacking game to match it with an experienced (though error prone) attacking centre in Ropati.

In total our team only managed 6 offloads, 2 line breaks, 2 tries - making Ropati's statistical contribution valuable, regardless of the hate thrown his way.

Meth

Staff member
Anybody that knows anything about Rugby League knows that Ropati was simply awful last night. Comparing stats with Henry doesn't change that .

hitman82

Bench
I know a fair bit about league, and I'd say our whole team was terrible last night. Singling out Ropati is pretty pointless tbh.

I know it's the flavour of the month to hate on the guy though.

Either way, he statistically was better than Henry, therefore he wins this round =)

hitman82

Bench
Henry is always going to be up against it.

He's a solid defender and tries his best, but he simply isn't a centre.

He lacks the strength to bust the line.

He doesn't have the skill to set Manu up - anyone notice how shit his passing was?

He doesn't have the footwork to step players and score.

Having said that, I like Henry and will back him to develop into a good first grader. But as soon as Hurrell can handle 80 minutes, I'd drop Benry from our team.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Does Ropati lose 20 points for running over the sideline for the second week straight while we were hot on attack?

But it doesn't matter, they're both rubbish centres.

NZ Warrior

First Grade
Flavour of the month??? I've been hating on him for years!

Another fact is Ropati is stacking up against a debutant, who's playing out of position. So, take from that what you will.

But I'll take my chops, my charger lost this round. I really hope JBro stays injury-free, so by season's end, everyone will know how much of a fraud JBro is.