What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The NZ Wazza VS Ozbash Super Best Centre Challenge!!!

Fast Eddie

First Grade
I know a fair bit about league, and I'd say our whole team was terrible last night. Singling out Ropati is pretty pointless tbh.

I know it's the flavour of the month to hate on the guy though.

Either way, he statistically was better than Henry, therefore he wins this round =)

:crazy:eek:zbash, why do you think Ropati and now Henry have been 'singled' out? It wouldn't have anything to do with, what many people believe a better centre playing in the Vulcans would it!? Packer has been average, now if Lilyman was playing in the Vulcans then he would be copping it to. Think about it for a second and grasp it.

Meth

Staff member
Singling out Ropati might be pointless. But on a night where 1-17 for the Warriors were sub-par, Ropati was easily the worst on the field. If you can't acknowledge that, you're Ozbash to me.

hitman82

Bench
:crazy:eek:zbash, why do you think Ropati and now Henry have been 'singled' out? It wouldn't have anything to do with, what many people believe a better centre playing in the Vulcans would it!? Packer has been average, now if Lilyman was playing in the Vulcans then he would be copping it to. Think about it for a second and grasp it.

I can't speak for Ozbash obviously, but my answer here would be sure, I understand why Ropati and Henry are singled out.

Inu is an awesome player, and I was shocked when he wasn't picked for Round 1. I bitched about Cleary's treatment of him last season too.

But, as I have said a number of times, there is obviously a reason for it to keep happening - now with 2 clubs and 3 coaches.

I hope the guy makes it into the team, at the expense of Henry or Ropati or Hurrell or whoever...

but until he does, rather than getting all teen angsty about it, I'll believe the staff have a valid reason for keeping Inu in the Vulcans. And just hope our current centres can sort their shit out.

Based on last night's game though, I think we have MUCH bigger problems than Ropati dropping the ball twice.

Kakihara

Juniors
Henry is always going to be up against it.

He's a solid defender and tries his best, but he simply isn't a centre.

He lacks the strength to bust the line.

He doesn't have the skill to set Manu up - anyone notice how shit his passing was?

He doesn't have the footwork to step players and score.

Having said that, I like Henry and will back him to develop into a good first grader. But as soon as Hurrell can handle 80 minutes, I'd drop Benry from our team.

Agreed.

Henry is too soft for first grade and last night is only gonna make it worse for him. Gets smashed and loses the ball then a few sets later is too scared to run it up again.

hitman82

Bench
Singling out Ropati might be pointless. But on a night where 1-17 for the Warriors were sub-par, Ropati was easily the worst on the field. If you can't acknowledge that, you're Ozbash to me.

I'd say Johnson was our worst defender and a bunch of guys (Ropati included) were our worst handlers of the ball. Taylor was also terrible.

Our worst overall player would have to be a forward, as those were the guys who lost us this game.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
And we can fix one of those problems or at least attempt to by a simple selction change. Ropatis had 3 and a half games this season, 2 and a half have been complete rubbish. He's part of the problem and is one that can be fixed easily so thats why people are going to get upset about it.

hitman82

Bench
And we can fix one of those problems or at least attempt to by a simple selction change. Ropatis had 3 and a half games this season, 2 and a half have been complete rubbish. He's part of the problem and is one that can be fixed easily so thats why people are going to get upset about it.

If Inu makes the team, I will be stoked. I want him playing first grade. It wouldn't surprise me if he did make it for next week - Bluey must be feeling the pressure after yesterday.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
The problem then becomes if he at least gives Inu a few games like he has given Ropati and Henry, I can see Inu finally getting a game, and then getting dropped straight away.

ozbash

Referee
I know a fair bit about league, and I'd say our whole team was terrible last night. Singling out Ropati is pretty pointless tbh.

I know it's the flavour of the month to hate on the guy though.

Either way, he statistically was better than Henry, therefore he wins this round =)

i like you H82, you are a clever guy.

my bday this month, you wanna come to my party ? ;-)

Go the freaking Ro !!

Being the nice person that I am :cool:, I would like to offer NZWazzlebums the opportunity to gracefully quit this comp, he doesnt have a snowballs chance in hell of beating the Mighty Ro and its only fair that I should show compassion to the unfortunate and deprived...:D

NZ Warrior

First Grade
i like you H82, you are a clever guy.

my bday this month, you wanna come to my party ? ;-)

Go the freaking Ro !!

Being the nice person that I am :cool:, I would like to offer NZWazzlebums the opportunity to gracefully quit this comp, he doesnt have a snowballs chance in hell of beating the Mighty Ro and its only fair that I should show compassion to the unfortunate and deprived...:D

Good form, OB. But I'm gonna have to decline your invitation.

I started this bet, in the hope that I could make a blind man see. I will not be tempted away from this path.

It's 1 - 0 to JBro, bring on the next round!

Warmess

Juniors
I'm not a huge fan of Jro (nor am I a fan of Benry in the centres) but last night he was far from the worst player on the field. He was pretty bad though, but I think our centres are pretty bad anyway.

There's no way Jro or Benry should be starting centres, but I would hope to hell Jro would beat Benry at being a centre every game. God help him if he doesn't out centre a second rower.

ozbash

Referee
despite your nice words Warmesses, you aint comin to the party.

you been mean to me before !

Meth

Staff member
I'm not a huge fan of Jro (nor am I a fan of Benry in the centres) but last night he was far from the worst player on the field. He was pretty bad though, but I think our centres are pretty bad anyway.

There's no way Jro or Benry should be starting centres, but I would hope to hell Jro would beat Benry at being a centre every game. God help him if he doesn't out centre a second rower.

Who was worse?

Meth

Staff member
The image burned in my memory is Ropati taking to the sideline inexplicably, inexcusably, while we were hot on attack. He was the worst on the park. I am not saying Henry was any good. But Ropati was the worst on the park.

Rich102

Staff member
The image I will remember is Ropati being bundled towards the sideline so he hands the ball to Tupou outside him. He is a joke.

Meth

Staff member
Tupou was, at best, an ambulance at the bottom of the cliff at that point.

beefstew

Juniors
The image I will remember is Ropati being bundled towards the sideline so he hands the ball to Tupou outside him. He is a joke.

I thought it was a great tackle to be fair. Most good wingers would have cut inside, instead of trying to
somehow stay on the outside...looked amateurish.