What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The off contract thread 2025

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I believe there are 3 on that list we would happily release early if the opportunity arises.
3??? More like 6 or 7 and as Delboy says who would really want any of them?? I’m dumbfounded we didn’t chase another outside back to strengthen our top 30. Harper for Waqa was the only change, I suppose you can count Cini he’s been upgraded into the top 30 it doesn’t say much when he was overlooked for Waqa and Black eyed peas. Talagi obviously upgraded to keep him long term which is fair enough if the wraps are on the money.

Last edited:

yy_cheng

Coach
Alot of the better players are off contract end of 2025

Though alot are also old then

For one of our top 30 to be demoted like that means they are no longer considered in the top 34 named for NRL and NSW Cup. Sounds fair enough to tap someone in that circumstance.

Is our Ron Massey team still Wenty? Or is it Hills Bulls, or Mounties?

Chipmunk

Coach
For one of our top 30 to be demoted like that means they are no longer considered in the top 34 named for NRL and NSW Cup. Sounds fair enough to tap someone in that circumstance.

Is our Ron Massey team still Wenty? Or is it Hills Bulls, or Mounties?
Surely it isn't the case that if you're dropped to Ron Massey that you're simply released? I suspect this just means that the player can be released if he finds another deal. If no one wants him, then he is still in your squad.

JokerEel

Coach
Surely it isn't the case that if you're dropped to Ron Massey that you're simply released? I suspect this just means that the player can be released if he finds another deal. If no one wants him, then he is still in your squad.

I think its whoever your local Club is in RM cup I've seen Martyn and another player go from Flegg and then play against each other in RM this year.

Ok yes, you're stuck with them. But being dropped to Massey is code for you're not in our future plans and can start looking for other deals and a early release.

Reminds me of the chat the baseball team manager has with Kevin Costner toward the end of Bull Durham. I suspect a similar thing happened to a couple of our disappearing players the past season or two.

Then you missed the point.
Faint Signal GIF by TWICE

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Momoisea no longer our concern:

Off contract (i.e. uncontracted for 2025)
Asi
Brazel (development contract)
Cini
Dunster (mutual option)
Guymer (development contract)
Harper
Makatoa
Ogden
Rodwell
Sanders (development contract)
Simonsson
Talagi (player option)
Taumoepenu

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Momoisea no longer our concern:

Off contract (i.e. uncontracted for 2025)
Asi
Brazel (development contract)
Cini
Dunster (mutual option)
Guymer (development contract)
Harper
Makatoa
Ogden
Rodwell
Sanders (development contract)
Simonsson
Talagi (player option)
Taumoepenu
Save’s some bandwidth of your constant defence of an utterly embarrassing signing.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
A young bloke performing well in reserve grade is a low risk backup signing. If any other NRL club signs Momoisea it will be for his form at Newcastle, not at Parramatta.