What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Origin Bolters Thread

Does anybody rate Carney's chances of playing Origin this year? He was one of the most impressive young NSW halves in a while before he got sacked. Or has Brian Smith's moving him to fullback wrecked any chance of an Origin appearance for him?

Could very well be used on the bench, maybe.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
If Carney was playing five eight week in week out, he would then come into my consideration for five eight for the Blues. I just hate selecting players for different positions at rep level. Like when Hunt was five eight for Qld.

Big Pete

Referee
Not so sure about that NT. Reports were Stone was thinking of moving Gidley to five eigth.

Besides, I believe Stewart may reclaim his jersey if fit.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
I know what you mean.
Beside, injured or not, Gidley has the No1 around his sleeve right now.

Only because the selectors wont pick anyone else as captain and they dont want the captain to be on the bench. If only they had of shown more respect to Hindmarsh over the years, he probably wouldnt have retired from rep footy yet.

Big Pete

Referee
Hindmarsh did get respect and repaid selectors by being complacent for two Origin series straight.

petetheileet

First Grade
To be a bolter technically does it mean you have never played before

or does it mean you are and outside chance?

if its the first mine would be B Morris

skeepe

Immortal
I expect Daniel Vidot, Dane Tilse and Alan Tongue to come into strong calculations for their respective states.

I think if Joel Thompson played the start of the season in the 2nd row, he would come into selectors minds but he wont anymore as he will be replacing Monnas in the centres.

Vidot may get a start for Queensland if there is a few more injuries to outside backs

Talanexor

Juniors
George Rose For NSW the boy is big and mean.

Impressive in the All Stars game too.

Also - Alan Tongue will never play Origin. It's true that he'd more than handle himself there, and that he deserves a spot more than a lot of other recent selections (Pearce, Wolfman, Turner....the list goes on)

But NSW selectors think he is too small. End of story. Incidentally, Soward will never play Origin while Inglis is still around, for exactly the same reason. Unfair but true.

Also, counting against Tongue's chances is the fact that NSW have amazing depth in the backrow. In fact you could name the ten best backrowers in the game and there wouldn't be a single QLDer on the list. Now, if the had the same amount off talent anywhere else on the field....

Big Pete

Referee
Impressive in the All Stars game too.

Also - Alan Tongue will never play Origin. It's true that he'd more than handle himself there, and that he deserves a spot more than a lot of other recent selections (Pearce, Wolfman, Turner....the list goes on)

But NSW selectors think he is too small. End of story. Incidentally, Soward will never play Origin while Inglis is still around, for exactly the same reason. Unfair but true.

Also, counting against Tongue's chances is the fact that NSW have amazing depth in the backrow. In fact you could name the ten best backrowers in the game and there wouldn't be a single QLDer on the list. Now, if the had the same amount off talent anywhere else on the field....

You basically just answered why Tongue won't be there and why those players you listed were there before him.

Bravo.

Sir Biffo

Bench
yeah, i'd pretty much lock paterson in as a genuine contender.

Born and raised in WA ...

Got to draw the eligibility line somewhere, otherwise it just becomes the "NSW based All Stars" vs "QLD + NSW + NZ + Whoever else we can come up with XIII".

Latest posts