What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Origin Bolters Thread

petetheileet

First Grade
I would give a thousand to one odds that some of the shockers fullbacks in big games have had, if you put Patten in there he wouldn't make dud errors like Gidley for example.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Galloway and Lawrence from the Tigers have to be close already.

I'd like to see Carney at 6 this year for NSW alongside Lewis.

Hayne at fullback, Morris boys on the wings, jennings and Lawrence in the centres.

Creagh at Lock

Farah at Hooker

Gidley on the bench.

That is already looking better than anything NSW has trotted out in the last 3 years.

I like where your heads at Unit :thumn

Pearce or Wallace at 7 for mine

Edit: Just saw your "reasoning" for Lewis

Last edited:

nqcowboy87

Bench
luke patten would be a better fullback than gidley. gidley is a first grade standard half five eight who is at best form a good bench option for nsw. when he plays 1 they trie to play him like a matt bowen darren lockyer in his fullback days kind of player, a drifting playmaker, but it doesnt work because then on top of that you (would assume) nsw have picked two dominant playmakers as well so that can get in the way.

but other than that id say luke douglas deserves a run this year

qld side doesnt really need any bolters other than a replacement for hodges and johnson
which we have plenty of. one player who must get a run is cooper cronk, and im putting aside my cowboys bias, even though i think payney deserves a spot. cronk has the ability to play 1,6,7,9 and has even played lock in his early days at the storm and offers tremendous versatility off the bench and you got to think he has smith and inglis and former teammate folau there to gel with. if smith gets injured id start with aaron payne at hooker and cronk off the bench or the other way around

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Watching Smith play Carney at fullback is torture. Id have Carney at 6 or 7 (depends on the best halves partner to go with him). Watching Carney at fullback is like watching Tim Moltzen at fullback, or Robbie Farah at halfback or Brett Finch.....

Give him a few more weeks, I'm waiting until after round four to cast judgement. It'll be after matches against C'bury and Brisbane.

Tommax25

Bench
Hayne Morris Morris Jennings Tahu Mullen Wallace Weyman Ennis Poore Watmough Creah ODonnel Lewis Rose Douglas Leyrod-Lars

adamkungl

Immortal
Watching Smith play Carney at fullback is torture. Id have Carney at 6 or 7 (depends on the best halves partner to go with him). Watching Carney at fullback is like watching Tim Moltzen at fullback, or Robbie Farah at halfback or Brett Finch.....

lol....we shall see. but fom what i've seen in the admittedly shirt time he has played fullback, he sh*ts all over Moltzen.

Big Pete

Referee
Hopefully Lawrence can string more games together. Had he not been injured so consistently these past few years I believe he would've worn the Sky Blue by now. Especially when you consider the likes of Turner, Quinn and Wolfman Williams have worn it before him.

Also, add Tomane as a bolter and another Queensland back I'd have before Vidot at this stage.

Noa

First Grade
Hopefully Lawrence can string more games together. Had he not been injured so consistently these past few years I believe he would've worn the Sky Blue by now. Especially when you consider the likes of Turner, Quinn and Wolfman Williams have worn it before him.

Also, add Tomane as a bolter and another Queensland back I'd have before Vidot at this stage.

Tomane has 18 made tackles, and missed 15, will have to fix that first.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
lol....we shall see. but fom what i've seen in the admittedly shirt time he has played fullback, he sh*ts all over Moltzen.
In all honesty though, Moltzen is a halfback being made to play fullback due to nothing else than his coach being a stubborn twat who thinks that fat piece of crap who looks like he's always in slow motion, Robert Lui, is a better halfback option.

aqua_duck

Coach
Don't people remember the crap Wallace dished up last year, it was like he was playing AFL and managed to kick it down slater's throat every time. Surely there are better options than this imposter of an origin halfback.

adamkungl

Immortal
In all honesty though, Moltzen is a halfback being made to play fullback due to nothing else than his coach being a stubborn twat who thinks that fat piece of crap who looks like he's always in slow motion, Robert Lui, is a better halfback option.

Agree