What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Parramatta Eels - The 2nd Most Dangerous Team In The Comp

Swiftstylez

Bench
I would like to turn your attention to what you probably already know. Unless the eels slip up somewhere along the line leading up to the finals, this year is going to be rather interesting and go down in history as one of the biggest comebacks in modern rugby league history.

I would also like to turn your attention to another fact. No this is not mere speculation my friends, this is potent stone cold fact which may be hard for many of you to swallow. I don't want to count the Eels before they hatch, but since the Rooster has stopped laying eggs, it is time to get on your hands and knees and cower before the blue and gold army.

Let us run you through why this is the case.

Dragons - The most lethal team in the competition. This is not debatable and they are the benchmark of this year.

Bulldogs - We absolutely dominated them a few weeks ago. They could not penetrate our solid wall of defense, and we repelled numerous sets of six in a row on our own goal line. We held them to single digits and played a decent attacking game of our own. Bulldogs are fading and one of the biggest myths in the competition right now. Whilst I'm sure they can beat many of the hapless teams this year and should not be taken lightly, the Eels are another class above.

Titans - Were lucky to beat us and we sorely missed the Hayne factor. They won only on conversions and this was only just when we started clicking. By no means an easy team to beat, but the Eels are still that one notch ahead of you.

Storm - Do not impress me. We beat you a few weeks ago. Enough said.

Panthers - I don't know what to think of you, but I'm sure we will beat you next week.

Cowboys - Proved their top eight position is a myth last night.

Tigers - Definitely not better.

Sea Eagles - Do not impress. Would be happy to play them tomorrow.

Knights - LOL

Broncos - LOL

Rabbitohs - Better than some of the teams already in the top eight, but honestly... just no.

You can clearly see that the Eels are the form team of the competition alongside the front runners. We may have left is a bit late but it is better late than never.

simmo1

First Grade
lol, theres a good reason why they were sitting at the bottom of the ladder for most of the year. They're playing above themselves at the moment, and I doubt they can maintain it.

big boppa eel

Juniors
I would like to turn your attention to what you probably already know. Unless the eels slip up somewhere along the line leading up to the finals, this year is going to be rather interesting and go down in history as one of the biggest comebacks in modern rugby league history.

I would also like to turn your attention to another fact. No this is not mere speculation my friends, this is potent stone cold fact which may be hard for many of you to swallow. I don't want to count the Eels before they hatch, but since the Rooster has stopped laying eggs, it is time to get on your hands and knees and cower before the blue and gold army.

Dragons - The most lethal team in the competition. This is not debatable and they are the benchmark of this year.

Bulldogs - We absolutely dominated them a few weeks ago. They could not penetrate our solid wall of defense, and we repelled numerous sets of six in a row on our own goal line. We held them to single digits and played a decent attacking game of our own. Bulldogs are fading and one of the biggest myths in the competition right now. Whilst I'm sure they can beat many of the hapless teams this year and should not be taken lightly, the Eels are another class above.

Titans - Were lucky to beat us and we sorely missed the Hayne factor. They won only on conversions and this was only just when we started clicking. By no means an easy team to beat, but the Eels are still that one notch ahead of you.

Panthers - I don't know what to think of you, but I'm sure we will beat you next week.

Knights - LOL

Broncos - LOL

Rabbitohs - Better than some of the teams already in the top eight, but honestly... just no.

You can clearly see that the Eels are the form team of the competition alongside the front runners. We may have left is a bit late but it is better late than never.
You're an idiot!

big boppa eel

Juniors
lol, theres a good reason why they were sitting at the bottom of the ladder for most of the year. They're playing above themselves at the moment, and I doubt they can maintain it.
No you are wrong they are finally playing to their potential, what do you know about the Parra team? though I still Swiftstyle comments are stupid.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Has nobody learnt anything from broncos09? All the sane Eels supporters are probably a touch nervous about tonight's game now that's been posted.

Imagine loosing to the worst attacking team of the past decade less than 12 hours after posting that nonsense. Can't see it happening mind you, but it would be amusing nonetheless.

E.T.D

Juniors
This looks like a good thread to bump when the finals are about to start and the Eels aren't there.

I'd be more concerned about beating the Warriors and giving yourselves a shot at making the finals than extolling the virtues of a middle of the road team.

The slip up will come. You and everyone else around here knows it's just a matter of time.

ByRd

First Grade
Wow one game and win against us and you are world beaters (we did smash you guys 48-18 this yr as well) and didnt souths smash manly this time last yr, doesnt mean sh!t all

scottyeel

Bench
Swiftstylz is really Hagan in disguise and he is still trying to f**k our club up.
f**k off Hagan.

mrblue

Juniors
I will only start to feel confident if we manage to win this and next week's game against the tigers. The tigers and panthers have me more worried than the Saints tbh since they are already playing sudden-death football and the saints are cruising towards a minor premiership.

Last edited:

gregstar

Referee

Knights - LOL

Broncos - LOL

i like your style.

Juniors
Wow one game and win against us and you are world beaters (we did smash you guys 48-18 this yr as well) and didnt souths smash manly this time last yr, doesnt mean sh!t all

You mean a team coming 12th dominated a team coming second...hahaha

Teams are yet to realise to shut down Hayne and Moi Moi, the Eels will get stopped. It's almost impossible to do, however when a team does, I think they'll be stopped in their tracks. A good team, but no better than the top 4 in any way. About level par with a full strength Panther team and the Tigers at the moment. All three could cause a stir in the 8 if they make it.

chunk

Juniors
There is a good chance the Eels halves will be caught out sooner or later, too inexperienced.

Place plenty of pressure on them and there is a very good chance they will crumble.

Far from home are the Eels

Swiftstylez

Bench
No but eight weeks will make a season when we make the finals on a f**king rampage. Everyone here may be laughing and talking themselves up, but I am deadly serious. *I* WILL be bumping this thread come finals time. I would not have made this if I was not confident, even more so before the warriors game. My predictions rarely ever fall through the floor and I could list a few that would rub a lot of people the wrong way, those who barracked against me.

A recent example of this: http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=329587

Also I was one of the first in our forms to call for Hayne to be move to fullback and bring Mortimer in despite his inexperience, whilst most others wanted Hayne to stop sooking or to be even dropped altogether.

The Eels team aren't losing their heads, that is what is working for them. We as fans CAN feel excited. To the person who was quoting the Dogs score earlier in the year, that was a different eels team to now... and is the reason why we are MAKING A HUGE COMEBACK and are one of the form teams of the competition. You do not win grand finals at the beginning of the year, but all the more reason to believe the myth that is your team. Go and look up comeback mate, you aren't stating anything I don't already know. You had no answers against us in RECENT rounds.

See you after the game guys.

Last edited:

Latest posts